Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 05:56 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Limbaugh and Hannity, and Coulter are hate merchants, spin doctors and shills, but then so are Olbermann, Maher, Moore, Franken and that new one Maddows. So you put up with all of them or you get rid of all of them. Not a bad idea....
Oreilly and Dobbs would still be there, at least.
Apparently in Democrat circles, not agreeing with them and expressing your opinions and views is being a "hate merchant".

I have never heard either Limbaugh, Coulter or Hannity say anything hateful.

Coulter is "dead on" with her opinions, and she does her research. Pretty hard to refute her on anything. Facts speak for themselves.

Rush too. He exposes the left for what/who they are. And he's right.

Sorry, but you're just plain wrong. Perhaps you should listen to them for once, instead of just repeating what you hear from the liberal media.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 06:54 PM

1,501 posts, read 5,103,113 times
I'm not a fan of either, but I do find the Rush Limbaugh seems to have more of a coherent philosophy that he can back up with a reasonable argument, whether or not you agree with him. Hannity, on the other hand, always seems to fall back on just complaining about "those liberals" without really presenting an argument in any coherent manner.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:57 PM

50,371 posts, read 63,964,084 times
What they have in common is they're about 100x more successful than you'll ever be.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:57 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,480,601 times
Quote:
Originally posted by Ohio Native
I'm not a fan of either, but I do find the Rush Limbaugh seems to have more of a coherent philosophy that he can back up with a reasonable argument, whether or not you agree with him. Hannity, on the other hand, always seems to fall back on just complaining about "those liberals" without really presenting an argument in any coherent manner.
I agree. I think that's why I can stomach Limbaugh (and sometimes find him entertaining). You can tell he's thought a lot about his beliefs, and I like that. Hannity is a living breathing Republican talking point.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:02 PM

952 posts, read 942,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Apparently in Democrat circles, not agreeing with them and expressing your opinions and views is being a "hate merchant".

I have never heard either Limbaugh, Coulter or Hannity say anything hateful.

Coulter is "dead on" with her opinions, and she does her research. Pretty hard to refute her on anything. Facts speak for themselves.

Rush too. He exposes the left for what/who they are. And he's right.

Sorry, but you're just plain wrong. Perhaps you should listen to them for once, instead of just repeating what you hear from the liberal media.

Anyone who can elicit from smug liberals the amount of hyperbole, outrage, and gnashing of teeth these 3 can, must be cherished.
Can almost hear the blood vessels popping and bodies dropping.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:02 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,936 times
Obviously, both Limbaugh and Hannity wanted to become rich, and spouting the philosophy of greed and the benefits to society of individuals piling up individual wealth was their ticket to their own newly begotten, media-facilitated individual wealth.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:03 PM

500 posts, read 910,130 times
They're both dug addicts? Oh no, thats just Rush, but I bet Hannitys wife is all spun out on painkillers and uppers living in a twisted little world on Long Island. She's two vodka and tonics away from Ellyn Burstyn in "Requiem for a Dream".

Old 01-14-2009, 08:40 PM

540 posts, read 629,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Obviously, both Limbaugh and Hannity wanted to become rich, and spouting the philosophy of greed and the benefits to society of individuals piling up individual wealth was their ticket to their own newly begotten, media-facilitated individual wealth.

Oh nooo, look there is another one of those damn hard working freakos out making money. I hate people that make money! Damned people that make money. They should lock all them people that make money up! Damn people that make money I just hate em - don't

Damn those people that make money I hate people that make lot s money. Don't you?

Old 01-14-2009, 10:37 PM

36 posts, read 20,411 times
Both of them will never criticize Israel under any circumstances whatsoever. I don't know why, do you?

I think Hannity knows if he did, he'd get fired by Murdoch. I don't ever listen to Rush so I don't know what his fear is.

Old 01-14-2009, 10:58 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by schtyk View Post
Oh nooo, look there is another one of those damn hard working freakos out making money. I hate people that make money! Damned people that make money. They should lock all them people that make money up! Damn people that make money I just hate em - don't

Damn those people that make money I hate people that make lot s money. Don't you?

I didn't write the point of my post on my forehead, SO YOU DIDN'T GET IT.

The point is: DON'T MAKE THE MISTAKE OF BELIEVING that the two bloviators are INTERESTED in the Body Politic. They're on the airwaves TO MAKE MONEY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies