Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 02:17 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times

Advertisements

I have no problem with that. 18 and up is legal when it comes to consensual sexual activity and should remain that way.

I do however have a problem with any school district that would be stupid enough to continue to employ any educator who is also banging their students.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2009, 05:17 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,477,762 times
True enough doc. I can't help thinking of George Costanza and the cleaning lady: "Is that sort of thing frowned upon here?"

Old 01-14-2009, 05:21 AM

2,308 posts, read 2,587,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmycat View Post
Unethical? Perhaps... Criminal? At 18, we are technically adults, so consentual relations are our own business. My question is why an educated adult would want to deal with young, sloppy, inexperienced sex in the first place? Especially for female teachers...Speedy Gonzales, anyone? There are plenty of attractive people in the world who know what they are doing, who are not their students, and who are old enough to take out to dinner and not be embarassed by in the event they run into a colleague or family member...suppose it must be a forbidden fruit thing...or a Lolita complex...
Your statement may apply to a female teacher to male student relationship, but by 16 years old many female students have had more sexual experiences than the average 21 year old male. Keep in mind that women mature faster than men, in their teens and early 20's.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:28 AM

358 posts, read 472,320 times
Default Grades

It is tuff enough for guys to compete with the girls in High School now we have no chance. Screw the teacher and get an A....???

Old 01-14-2009, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi Horse View Post
It is tuff enough for guys to compete with the girls in High School now we have no chance. Screw the teacher and get an A....???
Sounds like a plan! Works for me!

Old 01-14-2009, 07:55 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,564,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Hazzard View Post
Your statement may apply to a female teacher to male student relationship, but by 16 years old many female students have had more sexual experiences than the average 21 year old male. Keep in mind that women mature faster than men, in their teens and early 20's.
So, let me see if I have this straight here....you're basically calling girls sluts, am I right? A 16 yr old female having more sexual experience than a 21 yr. old male......something about that is so off & humorous.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:24 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,761,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
Talk about stupid. You're paid to educate students of any age not bed them. Even though both parties are legally allowed to have a sexual relationship, teachers still command a position of authority and should uphold their obligations as an educator.
I agree with that and any teacher that has a sexual relationship with any student of any age should be FIRED. But the question is should such a thing be ILLEGAL and to that I have to say NO. An 18 year old is a legal adult and as such legally able to give consent to sexual relations with any other adult. When both the parties are adults, such activity is perfectly legal and should be. But being prosecuted and being fired are 2 different things. The school board should have a no tolerance policy towards any employee- teacher, janitor, whoever having a sexual relationship with any student under his or her control or even in the same school.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:37 AM

512 posts, read 712,619 times
I don't believe that a teacher should go to jail over it. He/She should be fired by the school though. It is an inappropriate relationship in this setting because the teacher is in a position of power. Also it is a conflict of interest.

Don't **** where you eat.

Old 01-14-2009, 08:40 AM

512 posts, read 712,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
So, let me see if I have this straight here....you're basically calling girls sluts, am I right? A 16 yr old female having more sexual experience than a 21 yr. old male......something about that is so off & humorous.
I'm pretty sure he got that backwards. As I recall the guys that I went to school with had way more sexual partners than the girls. But maybe he is just drawing on his life experience.

Old 01-14-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornOKThe1stTime View Post
I'm pretty sure he got that backwards. As I recall the guys that I went to school with had way more sexual partners than the girls. But maybe he is just drawing on his life experience.
I'm 62 years old and I'm referencing the girls of today, not 50 years ago! Male domination may have been the situation in my day and age, but not today. Girls of today ("Chicas de Hoy", good tune by Thalia), have much more sexual experience than their male counterparts. Have you ever heard of "Rainbow Sex", check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies