Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 01:11 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,464,356 times

Advertisements

What did the Dossier say on them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 01:16 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,829,350 times
this is beyond stupid, they might as well change the names of buildings by certain inividuals ifthey gonna do this

Old 01-16-2009, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
you know I normally don't think this stuff is right, but when you name your kid HITLER, I think your just asking his middle school to kick his ass. He will be picked on so bad its not funny. Should be illigal to name your kid something like that. I think its a disregard for the childs safety. That alone makes it right. Theres probably more however. The parents are attention whores the way they sued that store because the store would not put HITLER on the Cake.
now what if hitlers name was jackson, McCormick, duke, would they not use those names and what would be the fate of others

-andrew jackson, and im sure there are 100's of andrew jacksons

Old 01-16-2009, 01:23 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
There are certainly constitutional issues here. But we have yet to get the FULL story so I will withhold judgment. The names are certainly odd from most points of view but I seem to remember similar cases in the past. Grace Slick of Jefferson Starship was not allowed to name her child "GOD". . Thers no accounting for some peoples thinking......Takes all kinds I guess
That's interesting...I didn't know that. Did you know that there was a great college basketball player in the 90s named God Shammgod?

Old 01-16-2009, 01:24 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Actually, DYFS (Department of Youth & Family Services) has stated that, although the rules under which they exist prevent them from giving the details of any family they are investigating, they would NEVER take children from their parents based on the names their parnets had given them.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Actually, DYFS (Department of Youth & Family Services) has stated that, although the rules under which they exist prevent them from giving the details of any family they are investigating, they would NEVER take children from their parents based on the names their parnets had given them.

so whats the real reason

Old 01-16-2009, 01:30 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,349,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
This is just awful...

Our government is becoming more like Nazi Germany every day, with the Obama election especially, but it's a different brand of collectivism. Supporting Hitler's modern American equivalents is called patriotic, but "rooting for an away team" gets your children taken away...
Yeah, cause Nazi Germany would have elected a half-black man...give it up already. Bush's regime is far more like Nazi Germany than Obama's will be. Ever hear of the USA PATRIOT Act and all the civil rights it erased? Warrentless Wire-Tapping, lying to the public to start a war...

Don't compare things to Nazi Germany when you obviously know nothing about it and are clearly more of a Nazi sympathizer (since you seem to be cool with a kid being named Adolf Hitler) than most anyone else I've ever encountered.

Old 01-16-2009, 01:30 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
so whats the real reason
They haven't disclosed the real reason, because the policy of DYFS is to not discuss or disclose any of the details of their cases.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:35 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
They haven't disclosed the real reason, because the policy of DYFS is to not discuss or disclose any of the details of their cases.
I agree they shouldn't disclose all the info...they won't go and take the kids unless they have a good reason...for me personal...they have my blessing to take the kids based on their names...the parents must be sick to even have given these names and don't tell me that it just came up and it was not really thought through.

Old 01-16-2009, 04:13 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The kids reportedly were not removed because of the name issue.

The parents have the absolute right to name their children as they wish. There should be NO GOVERNMENT intervention on this issue
I disagree. The government should fully intervene and order name changes for both of the children. Tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies