Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2009, 03:34 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,068,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzenfreund View Post
We are not discussing the history of the use of torture here.... of course there has been torture throughout history. So that justifies all future torture?
To claim "Bush was a torture administration" one implies that Bush used it similar to Hussain, obserd claim especially considering that there is no evidence that Bush "tortured" individuals more then previous administrations in our own country...

Absolutely rediculous thread based upon even crazier assumptions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2009, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Hmm, I wonder how you would feel about the Iraqi's waterboarding Americans soldiers, after all they come to their country and have killed innocent civilians?
I'd much rather hear about our solders being waterboarded rather than beheaded.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:38 PM

5,167 posts, read 11,431,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'd much rather hear about our solders being waterboarded rather than beheaded.
so you would condone the waterboarding of US citizens or soldiers?

forum rules, please read them

Old 03-14-2009, 03:39 PM

Quote:
so you would condone the waterboarding of US citizens or soldiers?
The question isnt if I condone waterboarding or other torture, the question is, was the "Bush administration" a "Torture administration".

Not even close..

Old 03-14-2009, 03:45 PM

No - Jackpot.
The Bush Administration IS a torture administration. They did condone and encourage the use of torture.

They might not be the only administration in the history of this country to do so, but that is not the point.

"Of all the actions the Bush team has taken in response to 9/11, none hurts the United States more than condoning torture."

http://www.journalgazette.net/apps/p...IT07/710090382

Last edited by katzenfreund; 03-14-2009 at 03:53 PM..

Old 03-14-2009, 03:51 PM

Quote:
No - Jackpot.
The Bush Administration IS a torture administration. They did condone and encourage the use of torture.

They might not be the only administration in the history of this country to do so, but that is not the point.
It absolutely is the point. A "torture administration" is one that runs on torture, thrives opon it, manages by torture, will torture anyone for any reason, just because they enjoy it.

Putting Bush next to Hussain, Hitler even.. thats just idiotic and shows how far wacky some individuals in this country are and does a disservice to teaching individuals about those rulers in history that actually did rule by torture.

Old 03-14-2009, 03:52 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,109,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
Some of these very far lefties think the 9/11 jerks should have assess to our attorneys and courts. Personally, I would have held the watering "devise" to have saved the lifes of the poor people murdered at twin towers. Some of our far lefties think we deseved to die. Only in America you can be anti-american, try being anti muslin in a muslin country. We as Americans have no idea how good we have it and we're worried about a little water to save millions of American lives. If one of those guys get our military or just a civilian the cut their necks off. Don't tell me any true American President wouldn't water boad to save American Lifes. Assuming they love their country of course.
What if we could have prevented 9/11 with a little water boarding. Should we have or just let Americans die?
Enough with the "lefty" "righty" nonsense dung. This is not a freakin' football game. There is no need to remind me about The WTC...I was downtown Brooklyn that day and had ashes falling all around me not realizing that some of these ashes might have been remains of people. Why is it that the people that bring up 9/11 are always the ones that are staisfied with the non existence of a true investigation as to what really happened that day? Iraq had zero, zilch, nada, bupkus to do with 9/11. They could have prevented 9/11 if they paid attention to the memos. Where's Osama bin Laden now? Do you feel safe knowing that idiot boy never "smoked him out?" He's still out there, maybe, if he's still alive. We were never told if he was dead or not because the Bush crime family needed an ever present boogeyman to convince people such as yourself that you had to be afraid. Bush is sadistic and has always been if you ever bothered to read his murky history, you would know that. What do you know about Cheney? Do some research on that creature and you will find that he is no better than the perpetrators of 9/11. The Bush/Cheney Crime Family never came to govern. They came to create chaos because in chaos they could steal. Cheney and Rumsfeld and the PNAC have been planning this for a very long time. They just needed a facade like Bush to hide behind to carry out a more than evil reptilian like agenda. Anyone that has committed a crime is a criminal, including any POTUS. But these past eight years have been so evil, it is other worldly. Like The Vampire Cheney coins it..."operating from the darkside."

Last edited by sickofnyc; 03-14-2009 at 04:09 PM..

Old 03-14-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It absolutely is the point. A "torture administration" is one that runs on torture, thrives opon it, manages by torture, will torture anyone for any reason, just because they enjoy it.

Putting Bush next to Hussain, Hitler even.. thats just idiotic and shows how far wacky some individuals in this country are and does a disservice to teaching individuals about those rulers in history that actually did rule by torture.
Who put Bush next to Hitler or Saddam Hussein??? I sure didn't. But the fact that you try to defend him by bringing up those two speaks volumes.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Enough with the "lefty" "righty" nonsense dung. This is not a freakin' football game. There is no need to remind me about The WTC...I was downtown Brooklyn that day and had ashes falling all around me not realizing that some of these ashes might have been remains of people. Why is it that the people that bring up 9/11 are always the ones that are staisfied with the non existence of a true investigation as to what really happened that day? Iraq had zero, zilch, nada, bupkus to do with 9/11. They could have prevented 9/11 if they paid attention to the memos. Where's Osama bi Laden now? Do you feel safe knowing that idiot boy never "smoked him out?" He's still out there, maybe, if he's still alive. We were never told if he was dead or not because the Bush crime family needed an ever present boogeyman to convince people such as yourself that you had to be afraid. Bush is sadistic and has always been if you ever bothered to read his murky history, you would know that. What do you know about Cheney? Do some research on that creature and you will find that he is no better than the perpetrators of 9/11. The Bush/Cheney Crime Family never came to govern. They came to create chaos because in chaos they could steal. Cheney and Rumsfeld and the PNAC have been planning this for a very long time. They just needed a facade like Bush to hide behind to carry out a more than evil reptilian like agenda. Anyone that has committed a crime is a criminal, including any POTUS. But these past eight years have been so evil, it is other worldly. Like The Vampire Cheney coins it..."operating from the darkside."
I think we are wasting our breath here.... some people think by twisting and turning the facts they can defend Bush.
Anyone that still defends Bush and Cheney is not worth debating.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:07 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,109,806 times
Quote:
I think we are wasting our breath here.... some people think by twisting and turning the facts they can defend Bush.
Anyone that still defends Bush and Cheney is not worth debating.
You are right and I am well aware, but sometimes you think that maybe a glimmer will ignite in a dimwits head and they will see the light. Again, you are right and I'm outta here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies