Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 02:26 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,940,301 times

Advertisements

I know lesbians are more relationship focused.

From my experience gay men jump from relationship to relationship give it 3-6 months. Have you seen that with your friends?

Also just because people are dating or in a LTR doesn't mean that it is quality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't think you should consider you and your friends to be a scientifically accurate representation of all of the gay people in the world.

In my little circle of friends and acquaintances, I've been frustrated that there aren't MORE single guys around. For awhile, every gay guy I knew was either dating or in a long-term relationship.

Especially in terms of gay women, your little joke is even more inaccurate. In fact, the joke about gay women is:

What does a lesbian bring on her first date?

A bottle of wine.

What does she bring on her second date?

A U-Haul.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:27 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, that's because, as we've agreed, anal sex is quite risky in terms of diseases, so it doesn't take much unprotected anal sex to contract a disease. I can tell you're a smart person, so I don't think you should be perplexed.
Right...so we agree that, even with precautions, the gay lifestyle is quite dangerous.

And you're right...I wasn't really perplexed. I just wanted you to arrive at the conclusion yourself. Which you sorta did.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:28 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverOver View Post
How then did the term "barebacking" make it into colloquial use in English?
The same way that "freebasing" is a word many of us are familiar with, even though most of use don't use cocaine.

In addition, "barebacking" is a term that's long been used to describe unprotected hetero sex too, so I think your logic may be flawed.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:30 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,665,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
I know lesbians are more relationship focused.

From my experience gay men jump from relationship to relationship give it 3-6 months. Have you seen that with your friends?

Also just because people are dating or in a LTR doesn't mean that it is quality.
I don't even understand your point, really. Is your point that long-term gay male relationships shouldn't be valued or encouraged by society?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies