Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 08:22 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,208,804 times

Advertisements

Well, BRAVO Katiana!

Of course if Obama were silly enough to "present" his birth certificate, AGAIN for the Orlys of this country, there would be an endless lineup of wingnut "experts" who would probably develop their own web sites for donations to "invalidate" anything released.......ahhh, the battle of the "experts"!

Old 02-23-2009, 09:01 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,185,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Well, BRAVO Katiana!

Of course if Obama were silly enough to "present" his birth certificate, AGAIN for the Orlys of this country, there would be an endless lineup of wingnut "experts" who would probably develop their own web sites for donations to "invalidate" anything released.......ahhh, the battle of the "experts"!
Now you know that the online BC is just a copy and has been found to be fraudulent by not one, but two forensic document experts. You want us to believe it is the real deal but you won't believe the experts who say it is fake.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffaloTransplant View Post
If I recall, obama was supposed to have registered at one college under the name soetero. Would that be Occidental?
People think so and that is why they want the documents.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Another unsupported claim. He graduated from high school as "Obama". He went by "Barry" at Occidental, which the conspiracists seem to think is different from a "Robert" going by "Bob", etc.
It isn't so much the first name as it is the last. If he went there as Soetoro, then there is a big problem.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The link is to PAGE NOT FOUND.

I took Russian in college, thought I might be able to decipher a little of it.
Try this link, it is to the article about the interview and has what the interview was about with the audio link at the bottom of the article. I thought I had copied it correctly but I guess not. LINK

Old 02-23-2009, 09:33 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Now you know that the online BC is just a copy and has been found to be fraudulent by not one, but two forensic document experts. You want us to believe it is the real deal but you won't believe the experts who say it is fake.
Please post some verification of that. Last I heard, the "experts" were self-appointed as such and have no real cred.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:36 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,808,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Try this link, it is to the article about the interview and has what the interview was about with the audio link at the bottom of the article. I thought I had copied it correctly but I guess not. LINK

The link is to a right-wing media site that recaps Dr Taitz's press release about being interviewed. The link at the bottom of the page gives you BBC music set to pretty non-representational art streams. Try again.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Oh, no he wasn't! He was born in Panama, not in the Panama Canal Zone. However, by virtue of the fact that ONE, I repeat for emphasis ONE of his parents was an American citizen, he was eligilbe to run. Obama, OTOH, was born in the US, in Hawaii. His Kenyan step (repeat for emhasis step)-gramdmother said that when the translator asked for clarification. Having just returned from a medical mission trip to Brazil, I know first hand how hard it is to get accurate information via translators.

Don't be so sure. She probably wouldn't release her records unless ordered by a court.

What court is this? I would like an answer to this.
Sarah Obama is not his step Grandmother she is his Granmother on his Fathers side.

You know Katiana, the real problem with all of this is the constitution itself. It states that to be eligible for POTUS you must be a NBC but does not go on to explain exactly what they meant by that and there really is nothing I have read that definitively explains it either, which is why I would love for the SCOTUS to take a case and rule one way or the other on it. I know most of you believers think I want him to lose but that is not the case, I just want to know for sure that he is eligible because of all of the complications that could rise if he is not. So If the SCOTUS said he was eligible, I would be just as happy and this matter would be over.

I have read certain SCOTUS cases that state one thing and others state something else.

I can see the two us citizen parents argument because it would leave no doubt about who the child would owe their alegience to whereas in Obama's case he actually claims dual citizenship leaving one to wonder where his true loyalties my lie. This would apply to anyone with parents of different citizenship.

Old 02-23-2009, 09:40 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,860,078 times

Old 02-23-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The link is to a right-wing media site that recaps Dr Taitz's press release about being interviewed. The link at the bottom of the page gives you BBC music set to pretty non-representational art streams. Try again.
You have to let the recording play for a little bit then the interview will come on. The music is what you hear on most any radio broadcast as a lead in to the show. You can't find information like this in the MSM so yeah it is a conservative website. It still is real information though. This did happen and there is recorded audio of it happening.

Now you try again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.