Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 05:52 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,662,054 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I don't mind a challenge but, I don't care for posters who tell me they know me, where is the challenge in that? Where is the debate in that? It is simply more of what the left has come to be known for, attacking the messenger instead of the message.

There are several examples in just the last page or two.
Instead of debating why certain active duty soldiers are joining a suit in an effort to find out if Obama is really eligible, you want to attack the amount of them, which is a cop out because you can't debate the why.

Someone went on a rant because I posted that Someone who said they did not care if the POTUS was from North Korea, did not care about the constitution. Do you care if the POTUS is N. Korean or a US citizen?

I have never attacked you personally, sorry. All I've done is present fact and cite links against the points you have made.

You still never answered my questions regarding the Department of Health CONFIRMING that Obama was born in Hawaii.

Quote:
Does this mean Obama was born in Hawaii?

"Yes," said Hawaii Health Department spokeswoman Janice Okubo, in both email and telephone interviews with the Tribune. "That's what Dr. Fukino is saying."
POTUS should be a US citizen, and he is.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:08 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Maybe saying no would be disingenuous. But stop deflecting. Answer the original accusation. Why do you care? And don't say it's for the greater good, just admit your true reasoning. Your candidate didn't win! You will NEVER be happy even if Obama's citizenship is proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. All you want is for Obama to be declared ineligible and, I don't know, you want McCain to take his place? Just say it. Stop acting like some martyr who is just doing the right thing. We know you're doing this for selfish reasons. Like I said, stop deflecting. Answer the accusations I've leveled against you. If you don't, then I hardly think you have standing to demand that Obama answer your accusations.
Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? You do not know anything about me other than the fact that I have doubts about Obama's eligibility and I post information on the subject.

And now you have posted a flat out lie about me whan you say I will never be happy. I want you to go through this thread and find where I said that, and when you find what I have always said, I will expect an apology.

I am guessing you don't have the intestinal fortitude to do the right thing though, and then who will be exposed for what they really are?

Old 02-27-2009, 06:10 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Lofty standards? Expecting someone as intelligent as you to not resort to name calling is at the bottom of my standards. You are too smart, and too good to resort to that.
Perhaps wuss was the wrong word to use. "Coward" would be more accurate. I mean good grief, "unwilling" to come forward? Sort of like Nixon's "silent majority"? What is more ironic is that the OP of this information is so "in your face" about having absolute proof that Obama is a citizen, and won't even believe a fellow Republican, the governor of Hawaii. But we are supposed to believe her (the OP) when she talks of "many" who are unwilling to come forward?

Old 02-27-2009, 06:18 PM

2,027 posts, read 4,209,207 times
Quote:
Why do you keep putting words in my mouth? You do not know anything about me other than the fact that I have doubts about Obama's eligibility and I post information on the subject.

And now you have posted a flat out lie about me whan you say I will never be happy. I want you to go through this thread and find where I said that, and when you find what I have always said, I will expect an apology.

I am guessing you don't have the intestinal fortitude to do the right thing though, and then who will be exposed for what they really are?
So just answer the charges. Why are you so fixated on this? Who did you vote for? Who did you want to be the President? Answer the charges. You keep deflecting to avoid answering my questions. I still think you're acting like a martyr and being fake. Just answer the questions or we'll assume we know the answer. WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH? And don't say for the good of the country because no one will believe you.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
I have never attacked you personally, sorry. All I've done is present fact and cite links against the points you have made.

You still never answered my questions regarding the Department of Health CONFIRMING that Obama was born in Hawaii.

POTUS should be a US citizen, and he is.
Please post a link where the Hawaiian health department, in a quote, has said that Obama was born in Hawaii. I don't want to read, "said in an email" or "stated by phone". I am looking for a direct quote like this:

"Therefore, I as Director of Health for the State of Hawai'i, along with the Registrar of Vital Statistics who has statutory authority to oversee and maintain these type of vital records, have personally seen and verified that the Hawai‘i State Department of Health has Sen. Obama’s original birth certificate on record in accordance with state policies and procedures."

Nowhere do they say he was born in Hawaii or even what was on that BC. They did not say the information on it was the same as on the internet copy.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
So just answer the charges. Why are you so fixated on this? Who did you vote for? Who did you want to be the President? Answer the charges. You keep deflecting to avoid answering my questions. I still think you're acting like a martyr and being fake. Just answer the questions or we'll assume we know the answer. WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH? And don't say for the good of the country because no one will believe you.
Until you apologize for your LIES about me, you get nothing more from me. I have made it clear in several posts how and why I feel the way I do about this. I also said you wouldn't apologize for lying, and you have proven me right. Perhaps you should worry more about what you are, and less about others.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:32 PM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
We've seen the certificate of live birth, never the actual birth certificate. And his college records are sealed. Why? We'll have to wait to see how this all plays out. But then it will be " So what if he wasn't born here, blah blah blah...."

Old 02-27-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Perhaps wuss was the wrong word to use. "Coward" would be more accurate. I mean good grief, "unwilling" to come forward? Sort of like Nixon's "silent majority"? What is more ironic is that the OP of this information is so "in your face" about having absolute proof that Obama is a citizen, and won't even believe a fellow Republican, the governor of Hawaii. But we are supposed to believe her (the OP) when she talks of "many" who are unwilling to come forward?
I don't think there are many, if any on this board who post with their real first and last name yet, they all still want to be heard, does that make all of us "cowards"?

C'mon Katiana, like I said, you are better than that.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:17 PM

4,459 posts, read 4,208,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, do you have some proof that none of the rest of us have? The reason I ask is that Obama himself has never provided such proof.
You truly are a Wackjob, aren't you? Were you born in the U.S.? Wheres your proof? I want to see the original not just some photo copy from WallyWorld. I think you are Anti-American, Taiter, and a Commie, prove that your not.

You NeoCONS wouldn't believe President Obama if you witnessed his Mother Spreading her legs in the delivery room at Honolulu General Hospital. Don't you have some other agenda's crawling up your leg, oh what about Gun Control(oooh, aaah), there's something you can chase.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:55 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
I don't think there are many, if any on this board who post with their real first and last name yet, they all still want to be heard, does that make all of us "cowards"?

C'mon Katiana, like I said, you are better than that.
You don't seem to understand what I'm trying to say. I probably should give up. However, look at the post that started this exchange.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Think Progress » CPAC audience roars with applause when speaker suggests Obama wasn’t born in U.S.

Watch this tape of CPAC;

The guy mentions the issue of obama not born in the US;

The crowd erupts with applause and cheers.

A lot of people believe there is something to this issue - but are unwilling to come forward - so far.
Why are these people unwilling to come forward - so far? Does the poster want us to believe that at some unspecified point in time, "a lot" of people ARE going to "come forward"? That it's only a matter of time? Why wait? Why aren't they coming forward now? Is it because perhaps they have their doubts that Obama is not a citizen (in other words, are they afraid they're going to find out he really is a citizen?) Or something else? Or do they just want to spout a lot of hot air, raise doubt behind the scenes? That IS cowardly, IMO.

I for one do not doubt Obama's citizenship. If I did, and I felt as strongly as some of the people here on CD, you bet I'd "come forward".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies