Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 03:39 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
What happened to their guns?

Don't touch my guns, dammit!

Old 01-20-2009, 04:28 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
The radical far-out Obama haters will never stop nitpicking. It gives them something to cling to. Kinda like static cling.
OK, this thread is about the subpoenaing of Obama's Occidental college records. It seems that all of the Obama supporters believe there is nothing that can be gleaned from them, so there would be no reason for Obama to try to block this subpoena. I will bet that he (or his lawyers) does in fact do that exact thing, further adding to the mystery of his eligibility. If there is nothing there, he should not stand in the way of releasing these records.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:33 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
OK, this thread is about the subpoenaing of Obama's Occidental college records. It seems that all of the Obama supporters believe there is nothing that can be gleaned from them, so there would be no reason for Obama to try to block this subpoena. I will bet that he (or his lawyers) does in fact do that exact thing, further adding to the mystery of his eligibility. If there is nothing there, he should not stand in the way of releasing these records.
You don't understand. Obama watched what happened to Clinton. He has every reason in the world not to jump every time some wingnut who files a lawsuit says, "just do this one thing ... what is there to hide ... just release the records!"

You will see the wingnuts continue this process for the next 8 years. They are insane. They won't let up. They won't stop.

He should absolutely ignore them.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:41 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
George W. Bush's YALE Transcript: GeorgeWBush.org :: Official Site to Re-Select Bush/Cheney in 2004!

On his web site, but I am sure that someone will say they are fake or Bush's transcripts caused starvation in Somalia or some other event
LMAO...You just posted a link to a GWBush spoof site. Do you get your news from Colbert too?

Old 01-20-2009, 04:52 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,216,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
LMAO...You just posted a link to a GWBush spoof site. Do you get your news from Colbert too?
No, he probably gets it from Hannity.

Old 01-20-2009, 04:57 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
Quote:
You do realize that you and Al Keyes and the others are of no consequence to him don't you?

Old 01-20-2009, 04:58 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
Quote:
What do college grades have to do with anything?

There's nothing in my medical records, but I'm not showing them to you because you want to see them.

You might want to have at least a handshake relationship with reality here. He's the president. You're a bit too late.

Basically, it's none of our business. You don't own the man.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:09 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,146,572 times
If anyone demanded that I show my college transcripts for any reason except for employment with the assurance that they would be confidential, I would not do it. There is nothing inherently wrong with my transcripts, and I have multiple degrees. However, as one poster said, they are no one's damned business. There is no law or Constitutional requirement that he present his transcript. This is another thing that falls in the category of, "Get over it."

I have read on the posts this week and the last several that Obama would be arrested as he is being inaugurated. I have read that the Supreme Court is going to hear the latest case on his birthplace. I have read that the electors would not vote for him; that Congress would not certify the vote of the electors if they did. None of it has happened. In fact, he had dinner with 8 of the justices who, in the news coverage I have seen, congratulated him for being elected. Two conservative justices inaugurated Obama and Biden today and were not upset. None of it has happened. There is a new theory a week. I can't wait to see what is going to be predicted next week. It is all conspiracy theory; it has no basis in fact. Quit listening to Plains Radio and Hannity and accept that we have a black man who is intelligent for president. He is going to do a good job. Accept it.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:00 PM

2,662 posts, read 3,828,283 times
Just amusing for those of us who listen to his "transparent" talk. Bush released; Obama didn't. . . likely due to hiding something.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LNTT_Vacationer View Post
Just amusing for those of us who listen to his "transparent" talk. Bush released; Obama didn't. . . likely due to hiding something.
NO ONE has shown any proof that Bush released any transcripts straight from the college. Teh one "proof" was from a spoof site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies