Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 09:33 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times

Advertisements

OK Senate Panel Approves Eligibility Bill

"A bill requiring proof of citizenship for those seeking office has been approved by a Senate committee and now goes to the Senate floor for a vote.The bill, by Rep. Mike Ritze and Senator Anthony Sykes, would require candidates filing in Oklahoma to provide documentation of their citizenship."

Even if only one state passes a law requiring candidates to prove their eligibility, it will be a huge win for the constitution and the people of the United States. If Obama is still in office, and decides to run for POTUS again, there will be a law in OK that will force him to come up with something better than he has so far. If Obama can't, or decides not to be on the ballot in OK, then everyone will know the truth...finally.

On the other hand, if he does finally show an original vault BC that verifies he was in fact born in Hawaii, it would be a huge relief but, why would he wait so long to do so while so much doubt, and angst permeated the citizenry?

Either way, the mystery will come to a profusely needed end, one way or another.

Old 04-06-2009, 10:06 AM

BREAKING NEWS: American Grand Jury will conduct 1st ONLINE Grand Jury Hearing

"This Grand Jury Hearing will start as soon as possible. We are accepting pre-registrations now from people that want to be part of this history making event. This ONLINE Grand Jury will be examining evidence from any and all sources as it applies to the BIRTH CERTIFICATE “eligibility issue” for President Barrack Obama. Our job will be to painstakingly look at the evidence (written, verbal, online media, videos, images, news reports, testimony, witnesses and any other applicable evidence) to determine, if in fact, Barrack Hussein Obama, aka: Barry Soetoro should be indicted for violating Article 2, Section 1, of the Constitution of the United States."

I think that some of the believers here on CD should get involved with this in order to have a balanced jury. With all of the complaining and insinuation that gets posted here, there is now an opportunity to actually do something about it and present your evidence or opinion on evidence presented. With this opportunity, I hope I do not read that it is in any way not worth doing. It seems to me that would be the apex of affectation.

I registered....will you? My guess is that no believer will register and will actually attack me with charges of racism, extremism, white supremacy, incitement to riot, violence, or any number of other derogation's that can be thought of.

So...are you going to prove me right, or are you going to prove me wrong?

Old 04-06-2009, 10:30 AM

1,026 posts, read 1,192,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
OK Senate Panel Approves Eligibility Bill

"A bill requiring proof of citizenship for those seeking office has been approved by a Senate committee and now goes to the Senate floor for a vote.The bill, by Rep. Mike Ritze and Senator Anthony Sykes, would require candidates filing in Oklahoma to provide documentation of their citizenship."

Even if only one state passes a law requiring candidates to prove their eligibility, it will be a huge win for the constitution and the people of the United States. If Obama is still in office, and decides to run for POTUS again, there will be a law in OK that will force him to come up with something better than he has so far. If Obama can't, or decides not to be on the ballot in OK, then everyone will know the truth...finally.

On the other hand, if he does finally show an original vault BC that verifies he was in fact born in Hawaii, it would be a huge relief but, why would he wait so long to do so while so much doubt, and angst permeated the citizenry?

Either way, the mystery will come to a profusely needed end, one way or another.
Where does it say the candidate must provide a vault copy of their birth certificate? Do you have a link to the actual text of the bill that says a vault copy is the only acceptable proof?

Oklahoma House of Representatives - Media Summary

http://www.okhouse.gov/OkhouseMedia/...px?NewsID=1665

IMHO, the birth certificate that Obama has already released meets the requirements of this bill, and those that are hoping otherwise will be disappointed.

ETA: The bill does not require a vault copy. It requires exactly what Obama has released. The only requirement is that it be sent directly from the state it was issued. Obama will not have a problem with that as the state of Hawaii has already confirmed he has a birth certificate on file there.

http://74.125.93.104/search?q=cache:qfRj7Fd2mfsJ:webserver1.lsb.state.o k.us/2009-10bills/hb/hb1329_hflr.rtf+oklahoma+House+Bill+1329&cd=3&hl=e n&ct=clnk&gl=us (broken link)

So, when Obama runs in the next election, and Oklahoma accepts his non-vault birth certificate as valid proof, will you accept that he is a legitimate citizen?

Last edited by raindrop101; 04-06-2009 at 10:40 AM..

Old 04-06-2009, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raindrop101 View Post
Where does it say the candidate must provide a vault copy of their birth certificate? Do you have a link to the actual text of the bill that says a vault copy is the only acceptable proof?

IMHO, the birth certificate that Obama has already released meets the requirements of this bill, and those that are hoping otherwise will be disappointed.
I respect your opinion but, if the BC that is out there were enough to meet the requirements, why would the state of OK need to pass a bill requiring candidates to prove their eligibility? That makes no sense to me IMHO.

This is a C&P from the bill:
BILL SUMMARY
1st Session of the 52nd Legislature

Bill No.: HB 1329
Version: Committee Substitute
Author: Representative Ritze
Date: February 21, 2009
Impact: State Election Board: Potential
Document Costs - $3,000-$10,500
Dependent upon Election Year
Bill Summary

Research Analyst: Arnella Karges

The committee substitute for HB1329 requires all candidates filing for state or county office with the State Election Board or local county election board to show proof of citizenship to the election board when filing for office. Valid proof of citizenship is a state government-issued birth certificate with a valid seal sent directly from the issuing agency to the State Election Board and a photo id issued by the state, the federal government, a county, municipality or federally recognized Indian tribe

The highlighted line is mine. It is to ensure that no tampering can be done (aparently there is some thought that the one floating around the net is a forgery) to a BC since it is being delivered directly from the state of birth to the election board of the state of OK. This means that Obama would have to give consent for his original BC to be sent which he will not allow at this time.

There is a difference between a COLB which is what Obama has offered as evidence and an actual BC. This bill does not say a COLB (certificate of live birth) it says a state government-issued BC (birth certificate) the original.

Yes I would be satisfied if under these circumstances, the state of OK accepts it as legit.

Last edited by TRUEGRITT; 04-06-2009 at 10:59 AM..

Old 04-06-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I respect your opinion but, if the BC that is out there were enough to meet the requirements, why would the state of OK need to pass a bill requiring candidates to prove their eligibility? That makes no sense to me IMHO.

This is a C&P from the bill:
BILL SUMMARY
1st Session of the 52nd Legislature
[LEFT][LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT] Bill No.: HB 1329[/LEFT]
[LEFT] Version: Committee Substitute[/LEFT]
[LEFT] Author: Representative Ritze[/LEFT]
[LEFT] Date: February 21, 2009[/LEFT]
[LEFT] Impact: State Election Board: Potential[/LEFT]
[LEFT] Document Costs - $3,000-$10,500[/LEFT]
[LEFT] Dependent upon Election Year[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Bill Summary[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]Research Analyst: Arnella Karges[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT]
[LEFT]The committee substitute for HB1329 requires all candidates filing for state or county office with the State Election Board or local county election board to show proof of citizenship to the election board when filing for office. Valid proof of citizenship is a state government-issued birth certificate with a valid seal sent directly from the issuing agency to the State Election Board and a photo id issued by the state, the federal government, a county, municipality or federally recognized Indian tribe[/LEFT]
[LEFT] [/LEFT][/LEFT]
The highlighted line is mine. It is to ensure that no tampering can be done to a BC since it is being delivered directly from the state of birth to the election board of the state of OK. This means that Obama would have to give consent for his original BC to be sent which he will not allow at this time.
You know that he has not been required to provide anything more than what he has already provided by anyone, anywhere, and I have no doubt that his birth certificate is legit. I promise you that is he is ever legally required to release more, and he then refuses, I will certainly demand answers. Until then, I am 100% behind his right to privacy.

As you can see, I edited my post to refer to that language. It DOES NOT say vault copy anywhere, which is what your post specifically stated. A certified copy looks exactly like the certificate he has already released, and that is what the bill requires. However, has he been legally required to send a sealed copy from the state to anyone? If so, who? If not, then you can't state that he has refused to do so. Is he supposed to send one to every person in America who wants one?

Why wouldn't they introduce this bill? Our leaders introduce things all the time to clarify and/or solidify laws, rules, regulations, etc. I have no problem whatsoever with this bill. In fact, why doesn't every state pass one so that this issue never comes up again?

Again, if Oklahoma passes this bill, and accepts the certified copy of his birth certificate, will you concede that he is a citizen? Or will you say it's still not good enough?

Last edited by raindrop101; 04-06-2009 at 11:10 AM..

Old 04-06-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
You know that he has not been required to provide anything more than what he has already provided by anyone, anywhere, and I have no doubt that his birth certificate is legit. I promise you that is he is ever legally required to release more, and he then refuses, I will certainly demand answers. Until then, I am 100% behind his right to privacy.

I hope you do not mind if some of us do mind because of the constitutional requirement that the POTUS be a NBC and he has not, in my opinion, proved that he is.

As you can see, I edited my post to refer to that language. It DOES NOT say vault copy anywhere, which is what your post specifically stated. A certified copy looks exactly like the certificate he has already released.

While you were editing, so was I. Please reread my post on the difference between a COLB and a BC.

Why wouldn't they intorduce this bill? Our leaders introduce things all the time to clarify and/or solidify laws, rules, regulations, etc. I have no problem whatsoever with this bill. In fact, why doesn't every state pass one so that this issue never comes up again?

On this we can agree, but I wonder if you would have a problem if it were to be retroactive and Obama had to tell the state of Hawaii to send his BC, not COLB, to the election board of the state of OK

Again, if Oklahoma passes this bill, and accepts the certified copy of his birth certificate, will you concede that he is a citizen? Or will you say it's still not good enough?

As long as it was a certified copy of his BC and not a COLB, then yes, I will be satisfied.
tg

Old 04-06-2009, 11:59 AM

I don't mind that you have a different opinion. I am sorry if I have ever given that impression.

I would not mind if the bill was retroactive as I believe Obama was born in Hawaii.

My certified, sealed copy of my birth cerificate is a COLB. (and I was born in a very conservative state) I had no option to get another kind of birth certificate. It is my understanding that most states do it that way now, including Hawaii. The language of the Oklahoma bill does not indicatate that a COLB is not acceptable because it is not only acceptable, but probably the norm.

I honestly hope one of the attorneys for those who do not believe Obama is a citizen manages to bring a valid case to the court system. Soon.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I don't mind that you have a different opinion. I am sorry if I have ever given that impression.

I would not mind if the bill was retroactive as I believe Obama was born in Hawaii.

My certified, sealed copy of my birth cerificate is a COLB. (and I was born in a very conservative state) I had no option to get another kind of birth certificate. It is my understanding that most states do it that way now, including Hawaii. The language of the Oklahoma bill does not indicatate that a COLB is not acceptable because it is not only acceptable, but probably the norm.

I honestly hope one of the attorneys for those who do not believe Obama is a citizen manages to bring a valid case to the court system. Soon.
Hawaii has what is called a long form BC that has far more information on it than the COLB but I think it is actually called a COLB as well. Here is a picture of the two different ones.

Thank you, you are a very reasonable person who understands what's at stake here. Even though you are on the opposite side of the matter you want a conclusion one way or the other as well. I especially like the fact that you have complete faith in Obama's eligibility and are not afraid to have that tested, I wish more people felt as you do, again, thanks.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:20 PM

2,857 posts, read 6,725,789 times
A birth certificate and a certificate of live birth are the same thing. In English there are several ways to say the same thing. Sometimes you use a preposition to separate the noun from a following adjective; sometimes you omit the preposition and precede the noun with an adjective . . . hence birth certificate vs certificate of birth. It's really very simple. It does not change the meaning.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:36 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
At the bottom of the COLB that the birthers find objectionable, it says "This copy serves as prima facie evidence of the fact of birth in any court proceeding." That means that if anyone wants to challenge the facts on the certificate, they have the burden of proof. It's up to them to prove that Obama was not born in Hawaii--not the other way around.

Tg, does anyone, anywhere, have ANY PROOF that Obama was not born in Hawaii? If so, what is it?

Can't believe I'm weighing in on this again....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies