Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:26 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,878,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I believe they are looking for his application, it would show what name he was using at the time and weather or not he applied as a foreign student.

You do know that he went by the name Barry Soetoro and went to school in Indonesia where foreigners were not allowed to attend. These are facts, you can look them up.

Yes, I know he used the name Barry Soetoro (Barry, a diminutive of Barack, just like Joe is a diminutive of Joseph) and Soetoro, his stepfather's last name. I'm not sure it's a fact that he went to a school foreigners weren't allowed to attend. But it still has no bearing. He was born in Hawaii, his birth certificate says so. The State of Hawaii has confirmed they have a vault copy of that birth certificate and that it is authentic and show that Barack Obama was born in Honolulu. That's a fact, relevant and to the point. And it's a fact that at some point long, long ago, long before he ever entertained the idea of running for President, he had to apply for a passport from the United States. The State Department looks at things like birth certificates before issuing passports. Do you think that the US government is in collusion with this conspiracy? And sat silently by while McCain ran against Obama?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:28 AM

419 posts, read 602,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tangodoodles View Post
Are you Moderator cut: no profanity, please!kidding me? It doesn't matter how old he was? So, the fact that he was born in and lived a significant majority of his life in America doesn't matter? Because he only lived in Indonesia for a short time while he was a young child. Moderator cut: personal insults
No I am not kidding you, The excuse is Oh Obama was this age. It doesnt matter. It was done. Its about him living there and the name he used and the fact that he lost his citizenship at the time he enrolled there under a different name. They dont allow duel citizenship.

Moderator cut: referring to a comment that has been deleted

Old 01-21-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plovedupont View Post
Doesnt matter how old he was.

omg the excuses

Actually, it does. It's just not convenient to your argument.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Yes, I know he used the name Barry Soetoro (Barry, a diminutive of Barack, just like Joe is a diminutive of Joseph) and Soetoro, his stepfather's last name. I'm not sure it's a fact that he went to a school foreigners weren't allowed to attend. But it still has no bearing. He was born in Hawaii, his birth certificate says so. The State of Hawaii has confirmed they have a vault copy of that birth certificate and that it is authentic and show that Barack Obama was born in Honolulu. That's a fact, relevant and to the point. And it's a fact that at some point long, long ago, long before he ever entertained the idea of running for President, he had to apply for a passport from the United States. The State Department looks at things like birth certificates before issuing passports. Do you think that the US government is in collusion with this conspiracy? And sat silently by while McCain ran against Obama?
It does have since they didnt allow you to attend school there and hold citizenship to another country.

Once again being a citizen is NOT the same as natural born.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Actually, it does. It's just not convenient to your argument.
Actually it doesnt. What does matter is he was there now you do know what that means. That he couldnt hold citizenship to America and attend school there.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
"When he was like eight years old!"

The importance is if he was an Indonesian citizen at any age in order to attend their schools, when did he become an American citizen and where is the proof that he did.
He was born an American citizen. His birth certificate is proof of that. The US Government could not care less if other countries confer citizenship on minors residing in those countries. It has ZERO bearing on the American citizenship.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
It does have since they didnt allow you to attend school there and hold citizenship to another country.

Once again being a citizen is NOT the same as natural born.

The laws of Indonesia have no standing in regards to American laws. What they do in their country is their business. What we do in our country is our business. Which makes your point a yaaaaawwwwwwwnnnnnnn.....

Old 01-21-2009, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Actually it doesnt. What does matter is he was there now you do know what that means. That he couldnt hold citizenship to America and attend school there.

He could hold citizenship to America and attend school there. Because the AMERICAN Government doesn't care if Indonesia confers their citizenship on him and discounts his original citizenship. What they do in Indonesia has no consequences in AMERICAN law.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:34 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Quote:
And yet all that has been seen is a copy of a BC on the internet that gave very little information. Former Presidents and Presidential candidates have released medical, educational, and military records. Why shouldn't Obama?
Some have some haven't, some of these records are relevant most are not. Personally, I've never been concerned about such records regardless of the Party of the particular candidate.

As for Obama, perhaps you should have rephrased your statement to say, "...all that I have seen is a copy of a BC on the internet that gave very little information." Which of course raises the same question that we have raised over and over in this ludicrous circle jerk of a discussion; what do you propose would suffice as proof, a hand delivered copy to every whacko who feels a need to verify the birth certificate themselves or by their "panel of experts?"

Since there is no way that you or any of the other skeptics can insure that after being personally satisfied that the document is indeed authentic that the next whacko in line won't insist that they you are either wrong or have been bought off. You can't stop them, and their "experts" from demanding to have the same forensic examination of the document as you had, as a result this could go on interminably. It shan't. The government is need of a President focused on the important issues, I repeat, important issues like transnational terrorism, peace, and security, or overseeing the Easter Egg hunt on the West Lawn.

The official custodian of record has certified the document to authentic and reflects that Obama was born in the State of Hawaii, end of story, no if, ands or buts! It done, over, so much so that no court in the US will ever hear this case because no court has the power to remove a sitting President from Office, its ancient history, at an end, by, bygone, closed, completed, concluded, done, done with, ended, fat lady has left the stage, finished, finis, game over gone, kaput, no extra innings, no saved by the bell, over, out of time, out by knockout, past, period, point set and match.

All I can offer is this clip of the Queen of Fat Lady singers, if she doesn't make you feel better, nothing will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7c2lC9JlJo

And after that, let's drop this nonsense once and for all, and join us and the rest of America is rejoicing the 44th peaceful transfer of power. It is a great testament of your country and our society. We have many tasks before us other than chewing on the foul taste of sour grapes.

Last edited by ovcatto; 01-21-2009 at 10:49 AM..

Old 01-21-2009, 10:36 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,661 times
Quote:
I think that all of this has slipped through the cracks because no one bothered to check, because they assumed he was eligible, until it was too late, and now many are thinking it is too late to do anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies