Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:37 AM

37,065 posts, read 19,035,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Some have some haven't, some of these records are relevant most are not. Personally, I've never been concerned about such records regardless of the Party of the particular candidate.

As for Obama, perhaps you should have rephrased your statement to say, "...all that I have seen is a copy of a BC on the internet that gave very little information." Which of course raises the same question that we have raised over and over in this ludicrous circle jerk of a discussion; what do you propose would suffice as proof, a hand delivered copy to every whacko who feels a need to verify the birth certificate themselves or by their "panel of experts?"

Since there is no way that you or any of the other skeptics can insure that after being personally satisfied that the document is indeed authentic that the next whacko in line won't insist that they you are either wrong or have been bought off. You can't stop them, and their "experts" from demanding to have the same forensic examination of the document as you had, as a result this could go on interminably. It shan't. The government is need of a President focused on the important issues, I repeat, important issues like transnational terrorism, peace, and security, or overseeing the Easter Egg hunt on the West Lawn.

The official custodian of record has certified the document to authentic and reflects that Obama was born in the State of Hawaii, end of story.
Boy, catto -

You're a real party pooper sometimes, you know that?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:39 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,808,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
I think that all of this has slipped through the cracks because no one bothered to check, because they assumed he was eligible, until it was too late, and now many are thinking it is too late to do anything.
What slipped between the cracks? Either the State of Hawaii is hoodwinking the nation, or the State of Hawaii is a credible government entitiy confirming that Obama was born in the United States. Those are your real choices, everything else is just smoke and mirrors.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:39 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,475,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
He was born an American citizen. His birth certificate is proof of that. The US Government could not care less if other countries confer citizenship on minors residing in those countries. It has ZERO bearing on the American citizenship.
What she said. You guys are reaching, and it won't hold up in court.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:42 AM

Quote:
I think that all of this has slipped through the cracks because no one bothered to check, because they assumed he was eligible, until it was too late, and now many are thinking it is too late to do anything.
After two years of campainging, with the Clintons and the RNC digging up dirt on him as fast as they could? Give me a break!

Old 01-21-2009, 10:52 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,185,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Some have some haven't, some of these records are relevant most are not. Personally, I've never been concerned about such records regardless of the Party of the particular candidate.

As for Obama, perhaps you should have rephrased your statement to say, "...all that I have seen is a copy of a BC on the internet that gave very little information." Which of course raises the same question that we have raised over and over in this ludicrous circle jerk of a discussion; what do you propose would suffice as proof, a hand delivered copy to every whacko who feels a need to verify the birth certificate themselves or by their "panel of experts?"

Since there is no way that you or any of the other skeptics can insure that after being personally satisfied that the document is indeed authentic that the next whacko in line won't insist that they you are either wrong or have been bought off. You can't stop them, and their "experts" from demanding to have the same forensic examination of the document as you had, as a result this could go on interminably. It shan't. The government is need of a President focused on the important issues, I repeat, important issues like transnational terrorism, peace, and security, or overseeing the Easter Egg hunt on the West Lawn.

The official custodian of record has certified the document to authentic and reflects that Obama was born in the State of Hawaii, end of story.
This is what I would like to see happen, four things, and for all of you apostles this should not be a problem if he is who he says he is.

1. If the SCOTUS would force Obama (because he has refused so far) to provide the necessary documentation(whatever they deem necessary would be fine by me) to show he is eligible to be POTUS in accordance with the Constitution as they interpret it.

2. To make clear who is a NBC or what qualifications are necessary to be eligible to be POTUS.

3. Decide who in the future will enforce their ruling and will do the proper vetting of all candidates.

4. To decide from now on, who will be responsible for the vetting of all candidates.

If NBC only means that you are born on American soil, or that they only need to have one parent who is a US citizen, then how would you feel if this person's father were someone like Hitler, Kim Jong Il, Chavez, Putin, or Saddam. Do you think the framers thought about this and wanted to make sure that there was no allegence or even split allegence to any other person or country?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:53 AM

30,907 posts, read 32,923,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
After two years of campainging, with the Clintons and the RNC digging up dirt on him as fast as they could? Give me a break!
Exactly.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:58 AM

Quote:
This is what I would like to see happen, four things, and for all of you apostles this should not be a problem if he is who he says he is.

1. If the SCOTUS would force Obama (because he has refused so far) to provide the necessary documentation(whatever they deem necessary would be fine by me) to show he is eligible to be POTUS in accordance with the Constitution as they interpret it.

2. To make clear who is a NBC or what qualifications are necessary to be eligible to be POTUS.

3. Decide who in the future will enforce their ruling and will do the proper vetting of all candidates.

4. To decide from now on, who will be responsible for the vetting of all candidates.

If NBC only means that you are born on American soil, or that they only need to have one parent who is a US citizen, then how would you feel if this person's father were someone like Hitler, Kim Jong Il, Chavez, Putin, or Saddam. Do you think the framers thought about this and wanted to make sure that there was no allegence or even split allegence to any other person or country?
Well, in all the previous threads about this, the wing-nuts are never satisfied. People can post case law, precedents, actual quotes from the law itself, and they're not satisfied. It's happened on this thread. NOTHING will ever satisfy the people who do not want Obama to be president. This would not be going on if he were white, IMO.

Perhaps you can conjure up the framers of the constituion in seance and ask them your second question. The left it vague, deliberately or otherwise. It's not 1787 any more.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:58 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,206,286 times
Quote:

I repeat my question: did you demand this of Bush?

Old 01-21-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
I believe this generation of people never had to deal with NBC before so it never entered their minds. Speaking of the Clinton's, I do not think it was thought about until a Hillary supporter brought it to the fore.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
I repeat my question: did you demand this of Bush?
I would have, yes, but he is gone now so we have to deal with the here and now as well as the future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.