Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 08:28 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,191,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
It may have been in the fine print in the consent forms you signed. I know today with HIPPA they don't do that any more. We did not release all the births to the papers; at the time I worked OB, "illegitimate" births were not released, preemies weren't released until they went home alive, parents could opt out, etc. In any event, there was a birth announcement in a Honolulu paper, which the conspiracists say is bogus, of course. And NO ONE today would give you that kind of information, even if you called and said you were the FBI!
Why do you think it took 9 days for the announcement to make the papers? Time enough to get back from Kenya and file for a BC maybe? All of our announcements were published within a couple of days.

Old 01-21-2009, 08:44 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Why do you think it took 9 days for the announcement to make the papers? Time enough to get back from Kenya and file for a BC maybe? All of our announcements were published within a couple of days.
See what I mean about how nothing satisfies the conspiracists? Our local paper only publishes them on Sundays. So conceivably (no pun intended), it could take a week or more for an announcement to get in. But this is the issue:

Conspiracist: There was nothing in the paper

Normal person: Yes, there was a birth announcement.

C: It didn't get in till 9 days later, it must be bogus.

Nothing, and I mean nothing, satisfies you guys. You are so convinced you are right. Yes, I'm sure Barack's mother arrived back from Kenya nine days after his birth and immediately rushed to the newspaper to put in a birth announcement, in case he ever ran for POTUS. Especially since she was all of 18 years old at the time.

If your announcements were made within a couple of days, it was the hospital, not the public health authorities, who put them in. Check the filing dates on your kids' birth certificates. My daughter's birth was recorded 16 days after she was born.

Old 01-21-2009, 09:23 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Nothing, and I mean nothing, satisfies you guys. You are so convinced you are right. Yes, I'm sure Barack's mother arrived back from Kenya nine days after his birth and immediately rushed to the newspaper to put in a birth announcement, in case he ever ran for POTUS. Especially since she was all of 18 years old at the time.
They just want a good, tough conspiracy game to play. They so loved the Clinton series.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:21 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Well, I checked that link, and this is as far as I got without subscribing:

"Now a reminder that we are not always what we appear to be, at least not in our college days. The 2004 presidential election pitted two graduates of Yale against each other: John Kerry, who was seen as the intellectual, and George Bush, famously a C student. Well, it turns out that John Kerry's grades at Yale were nearly identical to those of President Bush. Today The Boston Globe made Kerry's college transcript public for the first time. The paper had sought the information during the ... "

So unless you have further evidence, I say will still don't have any proof that Bush released anything resembling an official transcript.
NPR just made that all up?
fascinating.

Yale grades portray Kerry as a lackluster student - The Boston Globe

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/08/politics/08kerry.html

Yale Daily News - Kerry, Bush had similar grades at Yale (http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/14350 - broken link)

Kerry, Bush GPAs At Yale Similar, Report: John Kerry's Yale Grades Similar To President's - CBS News

USATODAY.com - Transcript shows Kerry's Yale grades similar to Bush's

honestly.. did you even look?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:38 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
NPR just made that all up?
fascinating.

Yale grades portray Kerry as a lackluster student - The Boston Globe

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/08/politics/08kerry.html

Yale Daily News - Kerry, Bush had similar grades at Yale (http://www.yaledailynews.com/articles/view/14350 - broken link)

Kerry, Bush GPAs At Yale Similar, Report: John Kerry's Yale Grades Similar To President's - CBS News

USATODAY.com - Transcript shows Kerry's Yale grades similar to Bush's

honestly.. did you even look?
I clicked on the link you first posted, earlier today. As I do not want to subscribe to that newsletter, or whatever it is, I could read no more than what I posted. I in no way said NPR made it up. I just couldn't finish the article.

I just now skimmed a few of the links you provided in your most recent post. Yes, those two did release transcripts, Kerry after years of refusing to. However, not all presidential candidates have done so. This thing for Obama's transcripts isn't even to look at his grades; it's supposedly to see if he was a "foreign" student, which is nuts because it is documented that he went to high school in Hawaii, which was at the time part of the US! Under the circumstances of this lawsuit, if my attorney advised me not to release them, I wouldn't release them either.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:44 PM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
OMG, who the heck cares????

And yeah, I've seen the "Hey...they're both looking down...and they both have tightly curled hair. It's just EERIE..." idiotic comparison pictures.
Well, shucks, some of us care.

If old Bar was aware that the alky African was not his father and chose to go that road with all the $$$ that it gave...I guess that would make him a bit MORE of a fraud.

Just if.

But, thanks...I never ran across the both looking down thing. Hey! It is...eerie! And those fat cheeks! And the nose lines! And the color of the skin and the hair line and the nose and the eyebrows and....

Oh...but he is AFRICAN! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

Please! Somebody tell me how much he resembles old alky/lover of Stanley, BHO sr! Check out the high cheek bones, hair line, nose, brothers that live in shacks, etc.

I think we need Maury on this one.

BHO, Sr. You ...

ARE...

NOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

the father.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:52 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,168,876 times
Please discuss ideas and topics, not the posters behind the ideas.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:02 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,037,032 times
The most important Obama record now is the one unfolding of him as POTUS. The election is over and now all is in the open for people to judge. He is POTUS and tears about missed opportunities are just that tears over the past. If you want to be critical now is your opportunity to do so in real time.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:23 AM

1,490 posts, read 2,032,946 times
And his half bro has been offered a book deal! Half bro via the commie guy...not via the alky who produced about 32 chidren including the fake bro, poor as dirt real African living in a mud hut.

All of whom Barry can't care less of!

Old 01-22-2009, 07:31 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,728,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Coming soon to a post office, border crossing, or immigration office near you.

Official Presidential Photo of Barack Obama
Oh man ... don't mess with Barack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies