Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2009, 02:37 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,196,400 times

Advertisements

You might want to look at military law.
If someone has a complaint, they can file individually.
I don't believe they can file a class action.

So they're going to try to "Clinton" Obama.
Some people who bring these suits need to get a life, or get laid.

Old 01-31-2009, 03:00 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,853,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
allot of people in the military is not happy with obama......
Not true!

Military donations favor Obama - USATODAY.com

OpenSecrets | Troops Deployed Abroad Give 6:1 to Obama - Capital Eye

Cafferty File: Tell Jack how you really feel Blog Archive - Why do military donations favor Obama over McCain? « - Blogs from CNN.com

Obama beat McCain in donations from military personnel and the many military people I associate with (being former Army myself) are all pretty pro-Obama.

If the Iraq war has done anything well, its to convert a lot of republican military folks into democrats.

Let me guess, you saw this headline: Press TV - 'US military personnel don't trust Obama'

Don't be fooled by the unscientific polls being run by Military Times publishing company which they like to splash out saying the troops don't like Obama - its all BS. When people self-select for a poll, it has zero credibility. Too bad so much of the press is parrotting an unscientific poll.

Not all troops are Republicans and the GOP does not speak for all military personnel. Regardless, they all swear an oath to support and defend the Constitution and obey the orders of the President, and no nut job will convince them to sign up for such a ludicrous legal challenge.

Old 01-31-2009, 06:03 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,412,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Maybe this will get the job done but there will be a lot of work getting it done. Finding enough active men and woman to file suit may or may not be a difficult thing to do. Sooner or later, he will have no way to turn, and will have to prove his eligibility.

ACTIVE MILITARY USING FEDERAL COURTS ARE OUR BEST CONSTITUTIONAL PROTECTION AGAINST INELIGIBLE PRESIDENTS.

In the Hollister motion to dismiss, the Obama legal team challenges the plaintiff’s standing in that they claim he hasn’t suffered an “injury in fact” since even though he may be subject to military recall, until that might happen he has no injury. Here’s what they said:
“Although plaintiff alleges he “is literally caught between a rock and a hard place,”
plaintiff has not alleged that he has personally suffered any injury. See Dkt. #1 at ¶34. In
addition, even if these peculiar claims built on a hypothetical recall to active military duty are Case 1:08-cv-02254-JR Document 9 Filed 01/26/2009 Page 6 of 11 taken at face value, plaintiff is engaged in the rankest speculation: He does not even allege a basis for believing that his return to duty is likely, much less probable. Instead, plaintiff’s allegations expressly concede that his renewed military service is pure conjecture at this point.”
If this argument is taken away from the Obama legal team, then they have a much more difficult burden.

All things considered, the people with the best possible standing to challenge Obama’s eligibility are ACTIVE military NOW deployed or active military who have recently received deployment orders.

GET A LARGE GROUP OF ACTIVE MILITARY MEMBERS TOGETHER UNDER ONE LAW SUIT AND THEN YOU WILL HAVE A SERIOUS CASE.
The military has already signaled their willingness to stand up to Obama. See this article…

Bottom line… while my case and Cort’s case were strong and proper, it’s easy for the CULT’S protectorate to mess with us as they so blatantly did.
But imagine a class action of 25,000 soldiers asking to see his long form BC and also challenging his eligibility as a dual citizen at birth.

What color is the sky in your world?

Old 01-31-2009, 06:53 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,604,513 times
I can't believe the phrase "between a rock and a hard place" is in a legal document.

But then again, I remember reading an opinion that used Talking Heads lyrics when I was teaching law school.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:12 AM

4,458 posts, read 4,179,960 times
Default Congress sued to remove prez from White House

[SIZE=+2]Congress sued to remove prez from White House[/SIZE]

A new lawsuit is challenging Barack Obama's eligibility to be president, and this one targets Congress as a defendant for its "failure" to uphold the constitutional demand to make sure Obama qualified before approving the Electoral College vote that actually designated him as the occupant of the Oval Office.

This just keeps escalating and will continue to do so until it is finally addressed one way or another.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:28 AM

2,838 posts, read 3,484,754 times
Sorry, but the government is not amenable to suit; and any such action will be dismissed.

Old 01-31-2009, 09:29 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,079,571 times
Quote:
[SIZE=+2]Congress sued to remove prez from White House[/SIZE]

A new lawsuit is challenging Barack Obama's eligibility to be president, and this one targets Congress as a defendant for its "failure" to uphold the constitutional demand to make sure Obama qualified before approving the Electoral College vote that actually designated him as the occupant of the Oval Office.

This just keeps escalating and will continue to do so until it is finally addressed one way or another.
Anyone who approves of this is the epitome of anti-American, un-patriotic, ...wishing America will fail in it's efforts to overcome it's problems... a traitor.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:20 AM

5,041 posts, read 6,197,763 times
Quote:
I haven't seen anything about this in the mainstream media in months, except for the occasional 1-paragraph note that some crazy person's lawsuit has been dismissed.

That's some tidal wave of escalation, there.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:41 AM

2,838 posts, read 3,484,754 times
No one has standing to sue, whether they wear a uniform or not.

Old 01-31-2009, 10:48 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,815,416 times
In the military, I don't think it's possible to sue your commander, much less the Commander in Chief. I didn't vote for Obama, but I seriously wish people would just move on. I'm disliking a LOT of his policies but he was elected and there's not a snowball's chance in hell that he will be removed from office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies