Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Think That Obama's Eligibility Issue Has Any Merit?
YES 102 35.92%
NO 182 64.08%
Voters: 284. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 04:17 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,812,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUEGRITT View Post
Why is this not about transparency?

Irrational is not thinking that Obama's refusal to allow certain records to be seen means absolutely nothing. It absolutely means something by any rational persons definition.

If his BC is legit why won't he allow the original vault copy to be seen? I would say that creates reasonable doubt.

Why wont he let his college records to be seen? Again, this creates reasonable doubt.

Why will he not let his passport records be seen? You have to wonder because it absolutely creates doubt.

This is without doubt, rational thinking.
It's not rational. Because his passport records, his college records, none of them will remove his natural-born status unless you and your cohorts can find a birth certificate from Kenya. Unless you have that piece of paper, to disprove Hawaii's contention that he was born in Honolulu, all this other stuff is just fodder for conspiracists to chew over. It pays the lawyers' bills to get donations from all of you to pursue these lines of query, but if you want to disprove that natural-born status, you're going to need a birth certificate from Kenya. With all the bells and whistles. That's about as clear and transparent I can get about what you need to do.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:21 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,812,481 times
Quote:
You are 100% wrong, if it were me and these records could help me they would be released. The only conclusion one can make of his refusal is that he has something to hide, how could anyone come to a different one.

How will releasing these records help him? Even if they say, like everything else, that he was born in Hawaii, you're just going to go demanding more "proof." Your conclusion is the result of wishful thinking, clearly the vast majority of Americans have come to a different conclusion, since most of us, even Republicans, think that Obama is legally President. But just like the Republicans kept tying up the courts, spending millions to pursue Clinton over Whitewater, maybe, maybe, all the money you're throwing at this will help stimulate the economy!

Old 02-13-2009, 04:24 PM

90,316 posts, read 120,488,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
It's funny......Imagine if Hillary had won and vetted him as her VP. Had the media tracked down his history the way they did Palins, Obama would be back in Chicago right now.....he wouldn't have gotten past first base. Amazing that US citizens voted a guy into office who has such a sketchy past.
I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. The Clintons, both Bill and Hillary, were digging up dirt on Obama for two years before he was the nominee. If this were so significant, or even true, they'd have broadcast it from coast to coast.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:26 PM

4,458 posts, read 4,186,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Even here on CD, with all the people taking up this cause, I have never seen any adoption papers or an amended birth certificate (which you get when you adopt a child in the US) that gives his name as Barry Soetoro. I really don't understand why you guys are so hung up on this "Barry" thing. My DH's name is Kenneth. He was called "Kenny" as a kid, and now "Ken". In fact, when my father died, we were listed as Mr. and Mrs. "Ken" ___. I don't get how a person can't see that Barry is a nickname for Barack, which is a rather odd name here in the US, and perhaps in Indonesia as well.

The divorce records do not mention any child by name, just one under 18 and 1 over 18, in a "fill in the blank" section. I have seen the school registration listing him as Barry Soetoro, but when he returned to the US, he resumed the name of Obama. He graduated from high school as Obama.

Interestingly, one of those lists that comes from another website about "proof" that O. is not a US citizen says the Soetoro divorce papers have never been posted. Hmmm! Here they are, on CD!
She only had two children so the adult child had to be Barry.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:27 PM

Quote:
You are 100% wrong, if it were me and these records could help me they would be released. The only conclusion one can make of his refusal is that he has something to hide, how could anyone come to a different one.

I have stated many times now, that if these records were seen by some authority like the FBI, CIA, DHS, SCOTUS, Congeress, or some other authority like these, that I, and I am sure most,(you could never say all) would be satisfied with the results one way or another.

Again I ask you, what are Obama and the believers so afraid of?
If your attorney advised you not to release them for a specific lawsuit, you would not. Obama did release that BC this summer, and the conspiracists just said it was bogus, picked apart every line of it.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:28 PM

Quote:
She only had two children so the adult child had to be Barry.
I didn't notice the date, but neither of the kids were named.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. The Clintons, both Bill and Hillary, were digging up dirt on Obama for two years before he was the nominee. If this were so significant, or even true, they'd have broadcast it from coast to coast.
The Clintons? Not necessarily. Lets just look at the records requested and get this over with. Stop with the excuses, there is a reason he wont let these records be seen.

Throughout my life, I have had to show these records and I have never even ran for local offices, so why doesn't Obama.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:32 PM

Quote:
I didn't notice the date, but neither of the kids were named.
Still, she only had two.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:32 PM

The Clintons did indeed spend a lot of time trying to dig up dirt on Obama and all of Hillary's potential rivals in the primaries. If there were anything to this, it would have come out long ago.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:33 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,264,037 times
The only person who would care about what a 19-year-old young black man decided to call himself would be a person who is:

1) insane

and/or

2) racist

OMG. Bizarro-world.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.