Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 04:18 AM

36,887 posts, read 18,765,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverOver View Post
Bush better not get an internet connection. If he does, and has all that retirement time, he'll inevitably start reading what he should have been the entire last 8 years, how he was dead wrong.

I think the Neocons somehow limited his available information. But doesn't this happen with all leaders?

Too late.

I heard Laura bought him a Google for a retirement present.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 05:00 AM

2,975 posts, read 8,092,367 times
Thank the Lord.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:47 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,513,884 times
bye bye f**ktard! Never voted for you and after 8 years of turning this nation into a sewer at least my conscience is clean that I didn't have a hand in it by electing the most inept person I have ever seen in the White House in my four decades of life!

Old 01-17-2009, 08:21 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,025,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
bye bye f**ktard! Never voted for you and after 8 years of turning this nation into a sewer at least my conscience is clean that I didn't have a hand in it by electing the most inept person I have ever seen in the White House in my four decades of life!
rep2u

Old 01-17-2009, 08:37 AM

3,106 posts, read 7,351,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cythara View Post
On the 20th of January, the nation will symbolically flush the toilet in the White House and send GWB gently rotating clockwise through the sewers back to Texas. GWB has been making the rounds saying 'good bye' to all of us. Here is your chance to say 'good bye' to him.
Threads like this make me sick. No President deserves the over-the-top disrespect that is shown on this forum, by the National media, etc.
I am not saying Bush did the best that could have been done but.....
1. We live in a democracy not a dictatorship. It is soooo easy to point the finger at one person or one political party. The truth is that it is large combination of people who run this country.
2. A large part of the reason we are in the war and the mess of the economy is due to the actions of the American people. After 9/11 people were screaming to go over there and kick b**tt. Well surprise, those people have been fighting for centuries and we did not get the quick victory we expected. As to the economy, lay the blame where it greatly belongs - on the American people. Look how the American people were spending over the last years. Look how the citizens contributed to the mortgage crisis. Look how actions by the citizens has contributed to companies leaving the US - we all want high wages but want to pay Wal-Mart prices, we support the gluttony of perks created by Unions, and the list can go on and on. We were all riding the wave when stocks became overinflated. Far too many people do not want to work hard or at physically hard jobs, far too many people want high paying jobs and little physical exertion. Far too many people walk out of college expecting to walk into a high paying job -- it's their "birthright" and they should not have to pay their dues.

I'm not saying Bush and Congress could/should not have done better but Bush does not deserve the over-the-top disrespect that he is being shown.

Buck up America and quit being whiny candyasssses. Stand up and take your share of responsibility for the mess we are in. That is one of the major problems in our country today -- we just want to whine and blame the other guy. Nothing is "our" fault.

GMA today ran a quick rundown on the years of Bush. It was simply mean-spirited -- it's mockery of the President was also a mockery of the US.
I am so disgusted by the bias and yellow journalism of the media. Wake up America - you are being led around by the press like a dog on a chain.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:05 AM

998 posts, read 1,329,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vec101 View Post
Threads like this make me sick. No President deserves the over-the-top disrespect that is shown on this forum, by the National media, etc.
I am not saying Bush did the best that could have been done
I think its because if he was at least honest enough or humble enough to admit his shortcomings et all...people perhaps might be less critical but instead its the opposite...In the end, what will he be remembered for? Having a pair of shoes thrown at him..I think that is a fitting end for him. Its not a violent act but the symbolism of that act says it all. Hopefully whenever he tries to sit back and reflect on his past 'glories' that shoe incident will pull him back to earth and make him more reflective on his past.
And if i believe that then i believe that pigs can fly too

Old 01-17-2009, 09:29 AM

44,910 posts, read 59,905,934 times
And "did not have sex with that woman" either.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:14 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,371,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
And "did not have sex with that woman" either.
As the bumper sticker says, "When Clinton lied, nobody died." The same cannot be said about Bush. Many were "bushwacked" during the past 8 years.

Old 01-17-2009, 12:27 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,414,366 times
Quote:
2. A large part of the reason we are in the war and the mess of the economy is due to the actions of the American people. After 9/11 people were screaming to go over there and kick b**tt.
Ummmm...............no.
Quote:
GMA today ran a quick rundown on the years of Bush. It was simply mean-spirited -- it's mockery of the President was also a mockery of the US.
Bush and the neocons just finished making a mockery of the U.S. Constitution for 8 years. Next time pay better attention.

Old 01-17-2009, 01:47 PM

36,887 posts, read 18,765,566 times
Quote:

2. A large part of the reason we are in the war and the mess of the economy is due to the actions of the American people. After 9/11 people were screaming to go over there and kick b**tt.
Wrong. We were screaming for Bin Laden's head on a platter and were promised it by The Great Deceiver before he decided to invade Iraq and leave the job unfinished in Afghanistan. These actions covered a 60 day span between "dead or alive" and "I don't think much about him any more". I still want to know why the only people allowed to fly after 9/11 were the Bin laden family. Were they in cahoots with Bush? The families have done business together for years.

There were plenty of forewarnings about what to expect after an invasion which were summarily ignored by Bush/Cheney in the rush to start an oil war to directly benefit their pocketbooks. Cheney and the Bush family made and make money with every bomb dropped.

Quote:
I'm not saying Bush and Congress could/should not have done better but Bush does not deserve the over-the-top disrespect that he is being shown.
Quite correct, but we do the best we can with what we have to work with. There are pitiful limitations to the superlatives found in the English language that prevent us from expressing the complete depth of our true feelings.

If we can find a way to push the envelope further, however, rest assured, we will.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies