Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 01:48 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverOver View Post
It's really sad. Everything is upside down.

It used to be in America that if you were good-looking, hot, and classy, and just so happened to be married to an NFL quarterback, had two nice children naturally produced, etc. -- that represented success.

GEE, did I stumble onto a thread about American Idol ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 01:59 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,996 times
I've never understood the hatred EH gets. So what if she is conservative? You have to hand it to her....it must be hell having to talk politics with three people who are going to shout you down every single day.
Now, if we want to talk about byotches...how about Joy? I remember years and years ago when asked if she went to her boyfriends christmas party she said 'what? And hang out with school teachers all night? No way!". She lost any and all respect from me that day. As did Rosie with her 'chingchong' crap.
With the exceptions of lisa ling, meredith viera and whoopi goldberg those ladies on the view are blowhard knowitalls -- liberal rush limbaughs if you will.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:11 PM

36 posts, read 20,411 times
Lisa Ling - Asian
Barbara Walters - Jewish
Rosie O'Donnell - lesbian
Whoopi Goldberg - black
Joy Behar - ex-Christian, married 2 Jews
Meredith Viera - married to a Jew
Star Jones - black
Shari Sheperd - black

......and then there's the youngest host: Elizabeth, the only person (1/9) who represents the demographic of the viewers and the people the advertisers want to reach.

Doesn't anyone else see this clearly? The View represents a grossly distorted view, not only from the United States nation as a whole, but moreso of the viewers that watch it.

Barbara Walters is an evil ideologue. She can smile all she wants but she knows damn well what she's up to, and so do I.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:21 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoverOver View Post
Lisa Ling - Asian
Barbara Walters - Jewish
Rosie O'Donnell - lesbian
Whoopi Goldberg - black
Joy Behar - ex-Christian, married 2 Jews
Meredith Viera - married to a Jew
Star Jones - black
Shari Sheperd - black

......and then there's the youngest host: Elizabeth, the only person (1/9) who represents the demographic of the viewers and the people the advertisers want to reach.

Doesn't anyone else see this clearly? The View represents a grossly distorted view, not only from the United States nation as a whole, but moreso of the viewers that watch it.

Barbara Walters is an evil ideologue. She can smile all she wants but she knows damn well what she's up to, and so do I.

What seems clear are your issues with Jews and blacks.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:24 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times
I don't watch the show, however I have seen it and I find Hasselbeck VERY annoying. She has a college degree yes but would she be where she is at if she wasn't on Survivor? I don't think so.

That said I fond Barbra Walters to be just as annoying and VERY arrogant. Joy Behar is like nails on a chalkboard to me.

How anyone can watch this show for more than a few minutes is beyond me.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:34 PM

1 posts, read 865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What seems clear are your issues with Jews and blacks.
I guess I got "Banned" by the thought police.

Elizabeth is the only straight white Christian on the show (out of 9), yet that's the vast majority of the viewers.

If you can't admit that that is a distorted "view" for the viewers, then you just are unwilling to acknowledge or discuss it. That's your choice, but don't simply deny facts.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:36 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakduc View Post
i'm not certain if its just for the ratings or if a person can seriously jsut be that naive, but elizabeth hasselback has to be the most retarded air headed individual in daytime t.v. IMO everytime she opens her mouth about politics, religion, or world events, i get the feeling she's just trying to be miss controversy! somebody pleas help this chic get a bucket of clues!!!
Sounds to me like you have the hots for the girl.

Old 01-15-2009, 02:39 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
I've never understood the hatred EH gets. So what if she is conservative?
You know as well as I do that that is reason enough for the liberals to absolutely hate on her, treat her maliciously and relentlessly bash her. And all the while, they claim to be the compassionate and tolerant ones.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:08 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,516,684 times
Quote:
i'm not certain if its just for the ratings or if a person can seriously jsut be that naive, but elizabeth hasselback has to be the most retarded air headed individual in daytime t.v. IMO everytime she opens her mouth about politics, religion, or world events, i get the feeling she's just trying to be miss controversy! somebody pleas help this chic get a bucket of clues!!!
No, Oprah is the most airheaded and exploitive day time individual on TV, followed closely by that hatemonger Keith Olberman and Rosie O'fat

Elizabeth H is hot, extremely pleasent on the eyes, which is one reason the left is jealous.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:13 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,167,496 times
Quote:
I don't care for her. She's supposed to represent my demographic on that show, and I don't agree with anything she says. She spouts the same right wing talking points as all the other talking heads do. I don't think she has an original thought. I don't watch the show anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies