Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 06:42 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,653,408 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Some times I wish I was Gay , because when the bar's about to close and there's nothing but guys left, I'll look around and say, " gee if I was gay I might still have a chance to get lucky tonight"
Occasionally, I do hear straight guys say that they think their lives would be easier if they were gay. As the saying goes, "The grass is always greener on the other side."

Aside from what you mentioned, the other case where I've heard guys say they sometimes wish they were gay is when they're frustrated with women - especially when there are communication problems in a relationship.

Straight women are definitely more emotionally complex than straight men, so I understand why some straight guys might get frustrated with them; however, it's been shown that gay male brains have similarities to hetero female brains in the areas of emotion and sensitivity, so even if a straight guy could somehow "turn gay", he'd still be out of luck if he thought he'd have an easier time communicating with a gay male!

With that said, if you just wanted a one-night thing with a gay guy, that would be easy: Gay men do share the same sex drives as straight men. That's why there are many men who identify as heterosexual but have an occasional tryst with another man. It's so easy to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2009, 06:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,653,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
You need to grow up and be a mature adult man.
"Physician, heal thyself."

Old 01-15-2009, 07:05 PM

5,922 posts, read 8,061,312 times
Quote:
lol the gay lifestyle is covert and arcane.

The circle of gay "friends" have NSA sex with one another. Other than that they will have a visibly normal lifestyle.

Gay people desperately want to project an image of normality. They are obsessive about it too. It disgusts me and I find it difficult to befriend gay people for that reason.
I'm hearing a personal confession here. Watch out for those airport men's rooms.

The gays I know are mostly upper income home-owners with long term partners. Same profile as the rest of us in the neighborhood.

Old 01-15-2009, 09:17 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,034 times
Quote:
Do not be flippant. I have to put up with a lot of BS that you do not.
Hey yo said it not me, I just wanna know where these cute friends are I can bang whenever i want!

Old 01-15-2009, 09:19 PM

1,140 posts, read 2,202,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Interesting, coming from a gay guy!

When you say "REALLY gay", I assume you mean "really effeminate", right?

What do you find irritating about them?
Unno, just kinda an overall package. I don't know why minorities usually avoid speaking out against certain elements, not that really effeminate gay guys are THAT bad...they just irritate me...usually. Lol

Old 01-16-2009, 03:03 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,710,910 times
Quote:
Wrong.
Which part is wrong? The part about everyone having to take some kind of crap in their life? Or the part where it seems to be part of human nature?

Please elaborate on your otherwise incredibly insightful contribution to the discussion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies