Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 02:48 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,342,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by schtyk View Post
Let me see, an investment advisor, favorite movie shawshank redemtion, favorite television Bill Maher. Could I have your business card please..
What's wrong with having a legitimate job where I have gone through difficult testing to become certified? You hear "investment advisor" and think "he caused the financial crisis", but in reality, I do something called "asset allocation analysis" which caused all of my clients to suffer a lot less than everyone else in this downturn. And since the crash in October, the investments I have promoted are all up a minimum of 30%.

What's wrong with liking a film that the people (on IMDB, the most collective movie rankings system) have ranked as the #1 best movie of all time? If that's the worst you can come up with to bash me, that's pretty sad.

What's wrong with liking Bill Maher? His show is one of the few on television where there is an UNCENSORED DEBATE on issues. They have many politicians from both sides of the spectrum (Issa is one Republican I can think of who is on that show a lot) and they discuss important topics in an intellectual debate. I never said "I agree with everything Maher says", I said that it's one of my favorite TV shows. I also like Heroes (and Sylar is my favorite character), but you don't see me chopping off the tops of people's heads to steal their powers! I agree with Maher on some things, but I disagree on many others. But at least he's willing to look at both sides of an issue and have open debates.

And just so you know, I'm one of those "heroes" you worship so much, as I was in the Navy and served with Honor, Courage and Commitment. I want my friends to come home safely, and I want us to use our military to protect this nation, and to fight for those who want us to fight for them. The Iraqis want us out, so why stay?

Oh yeah, and since I am a registered Republican and from the most conservative big city in California (San Diego), I had nothing to do with Pelosi being elected. I've voted for Libertarians in the last three congressional elections and voted for Bob Barr in the general election and Ron Paul in the primary.

But engaging in a flame war with someone who is clearly not in their right mind is really pointless...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 03:21 PM

540 posts, read 629,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftydan6 View Post
What's wrong with having a legitimate job where I have gone through difficult testing to become certified? You hear "investment advisor" and think "he caused the financial crisis", but in reality, I do something called "asset allocation analysis" which caused all of my clients to suffer a lot less than everyone else in this downturn. And since the crash in October, the investments I have promoted are all up a minimum of 30%.

What's wrong with liking a film that the people (on IMDB, the most collective movie rankings system) have ranked as the #1 best movie of all time? If that's the worst you can come up with to bash me, that's pretty sad.

What's wrong with liking Bill Maher? His show is one of the few on television where there is an UNCENSORED DEBATE on issues. They have many politicians from both sides of the spectrum (Issa is one Republican I can think of who is on that show a lot) and they discuss important topics in an intellectual debate. I never said "I agree with everything Maher says", I said that it's one of my favorite TV shows. I also like Heroes (and Sylar is my favorite character), but you don't see me chopping off the tops of people's heads to steal their powers! I agree with Maher on some things, but I disagree on many others. But at least he's willing to look at both sides of an issue and have open debates.

And just so you know, I'm one of those "heroes" you worship so much, as I was in the Navy and served with Honor, Courage and Commitment. I want my friends to come home safely, and I want us to use our military to protect this nation, and to fight for those who want us to fight for them. The Iraqis want us out, so why stay?

Oh yeah, and since I am a registered Republican and from the most conservative big city in California (San Diego), I had nothing to do with Pelosi being elected. I've voted for Libertarians in the last three congressional elections and voted for Bob Barr in the general election and Ron Paul in the primary.

But engaging in a flame war with someone who is clearly not in their right mind is really pointless...
Welll,well,well, we share some common experience. I hate it yu became sidetracked somewhere along the way. In answer to one of your questions, Bill Maher is a fu...ng baffoon. Listen to his words sometime, really listen, you will hear a 103 i.q. at best and the man clearly has no soul.
You've done an Iraqi poll have you? Clearly there will be some Iraqis that will resent us. Nonetheless there are now 50 million free Iraqis that would have never tasted freedom in a hundred years were it not for us. A dictaor is in his grave, an Islamofascist terrorist group has been severely weakened and minimized. Cheap at twice the price for my money. You might want to take a poll of some of your Navy friends on that one as well.
Fact is, I have many Navy friends that I still keep in touch with all the way back to the Vietnam War. Finest people I ever met and not one I could bring up would vote with a Demwit.

I am a registered Independent, have been since I was 18 years old. Glad to hear you are a Republican that is the next best thing by a mile. Act like one, think like one, don't be beguiled, perhaps learn to think like one. If your intent on thinkers or non thinkers like Maher, give him enough time to know your enemies. He is truly your enemy.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
wha has chavez done to the US besides not wanting to be a puppet, speak his mind have his own opinion and survive coup assassinations backed by the US.
Uh...hmmm...maybe enslave his people to an ideology that is meant for pi..ants and cockroaches.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:55 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,113,650 times
Quote:
During a time during which the United States was engaged in a difficult war and the sons and daughters of our great country were engaging a difficult enemy, many treasonous statements were made by senators and congressman of the far left. These politicians were motivated by their personal narcissistic pursuits of power and were willing to jeopardize our brave young patriots by rhetorically degrading their efforts to defend the country. They were offering aid and comfort to our enemies. Do you believe statements made by Murtha, Pelosi, Reid and others should make them candidates for impeachment or possibly tried for treason or sedition?
let's see if i remember all the excuses the repubs used to argue against investigating alleged crimes of bushCo.....

oh...so many...
uh, "lets' move on" "The country has other problems" "no proof" "partisanship" "you just hate" ...there's more....

Last edited by Who?Me?!; 01-16-2009 at 04:04 PM..

Old 01-16-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
let's see if i remember all the excuses the repubs used to argue against investigating alleged crimes of busCo.....

oh...so many...
uh, "lets' move on" "The country has other problems" "no proof" "partisanship" "you just hate" ...there's more....
Congratulations who me. You understand the underlying point of this thread. A quick study I suppose. The others just haven't gotten it yet which is testimony to the fact that they never will.

However, I was particularly glad for the opportunity to raise again the nearly forgotten, conveniently forgotten fact ,that certain leftist politicians and their followers were intent on sabatoging the war effort for their own narcissistic agendas.

I suppose if I had been in that pathetic league ,I too would try and deflect my guilt toward Bush.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:10 AM

1,175 posts, read 1,782,601 times
Ol' Harry should be tarred and feathered and chained to a tree with a sign hung from his neck that reads...

....SMELLY TOURIST....

Old 01-17-2009, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Ol' Harry should be tarred and feathered and chained to a tree with a sign hung from his neck that reads...

....SMELLY TOURIST....
That is precisely what eletist pigs think of the feeders of the public trough. They are merely useful idiots. Good post and reminder Happy Cells.

Old 01-17-2009, 08:43 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,467,279 times
Wow, a Bush supporter in the forum! It's nice to actually watch a debate instead of simply hearing people complaining about Bush and his supporters.

I don't think the statements that "The war is lost" were treasonous. Reprehensible? yes Unwise? yes Potentially demoralizing? yes. Treasonous? no.

When you start saying that people should be tried for saying things, then that's an extremely dangerous, fascist-esque road you're going down. I think treason is an action, not something that merely exists in words. I also think that calling something treasonous is a very very heavy charge that should only be used lightly.

I have said what I want to say, and I am done. I don't feel like getting into this this late at night.

Old 01-17-2009, 09:22 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,336,897 times
Quote:
April 17, 2007

Harry Reid, "The War Is Lost"

What kind of message do you think that sends to the people that are blowing up our young men and women in Iraq.

What does that mean to the apologists for the Islamofascists?

What would it mean to you if you were an American soldier offering up your all for your countrymen to hear those words from the leader of the Senate? Is that sedition ,-to proclaim that to your enemies? Is that treason,- to proclaim that to your enemies?

I would tell you that most any Russian High placed Politico or General would say it is both treason and sedition. I would say that any high placed Chinese Politico or General would not only say it is both treason and sedition but that under that system Mr. Reid would dissappear.

Now, I am talking to some of the Islamofascist apologists, people for Christsake that want to throw a sitting President in jail for defending them, and speak gleefully of the foolishness of the prospect. I am asking you some simple questions? I gave you two quotes and I will give you more if you like.

You have no answers because there are no answers, the democrats and that is you - f...ed up!
You rode Obama into the white house because you were able to convince people even lamer than you are that George Bush was bad for the country. You are wrong and you disgust me.
A war that you can't win, there is only one other choice. You loose.
From day one, we would not do what it takes to win. Complete conquest.
We didn't in Korea, We didn't in Vietnam.
Zero gain. Lots of loses.

Old 01-17-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Wow, a Bush supporter in the forum! It's nice to actually watch a debate instead of simply hearing people complaining about Bush and his supporters.

I don't think the statements that "The war is lost" were treasonous. Reprehensible? yes Unwise? yes Potentially demoralizing? yes. Treasonous? no.

When you start saying that people should be tried for saying things, then that's an extremely dangerous, fascist-esque road you're going down. I think treason is an action, not something that merely exists in words. I also think that calling something treasonous is a very very heavy charge that should only be used lightly.

I have said what I want to say, and I am done. I don't feel like getting into this this late at night.
Although I would make only marginal yield to the notion that anything I have written here is not the truth I will answer your post in this way. One or two people that have posted here seem to get the points I have tried to make here using mild, I quote, mild, exaggeration.

When people have the scathing audacity to even midly insinuate this president or anyone in this presidency should be tried for defending this country it is dispicable and beyond contempt. Not agreeing with someone does not make the actions criminal.
It is the utter stupidity of wreckless morons like conyers that are weakening this democracy. That U.S. congressman could be that weak is a very scary proposition. That lemmings of the left could be that weak is even scarier.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies