Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 11:06 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,862,062 times

Advertisements

Sometimes we forget that death toll numbers are actually people with families. Children being bombed while praying is NOT OK in my book.

Democracy Now! | Palestinian Astrophysicist in U.S. Recounts How His 11 Year-Old Son Died When Israeli Warplanes Bombed His Family's House
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 02:59 PM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Sometimes we forget that death toll numbers are actually people with families. Children being bombed while praying is NOT OK in my book.

Democracy Now! | Palestinian Astrophysicist in U.S. Recounts How His 11 Year-Old Son Died When Israeli Warplanes Bombed His Family's House
Then I guess that little boys leaders need to make better decisions. Hate it for him, but his leaders are idiots.

Israel is not responsible for those deaths...Hamas is.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:24 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,242,141 times
Actually, Isreal isn't the bad guy in this. Sometimes they are right.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:27 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
you could be right. he might be, but if you shoot 3000 missiles at him 1st--- this does not make you prince charming. your human shield policy in gaza is well documented for the world community to see.

Old 01-16-2009, 03:29 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
you could be right. he might be, but if you shoot 3000 missiles at him 1st--- this does not make you prince charming. your human shield policy in gaza is well documented for the world community to see.
As is Israel's policy of wholescale slaughter of civilians

Old 01-16-2009, 03:31 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
It is always sad if innocent people die but when terrorists use humans as a shiled because they are cowards them self and affraid to see the 72 "virgins" by hidding behind civilians...you will get civilians dead...because Israel can't wait and do nothing back...They waited long enough.

As long as the Palastinians aren't speaking out against the terrorist group of Hamas, nothing will change!

Old 01-16-2009, 03:40 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,829,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
As is Israel's policy of wholescale slaughter of civilians
The only policy Israel has is survival. Firing rockets into an another country is an act of war. After enduring seven years of the rocket attacks, where no amount of pleading, cease fires or peace initiatives have stopped the attacks, it was time to fight back.

Read the Powell doctrine: "When a nation is engaging in war, every resource and tool should be used to achieve decisive force against the enemy, minimizing casualties and ending the conflict quickly by forcing the weaker force to capitulate. This is well in line with Western military strategy dating at least from Carl von Clausewitz's On War."

The only question in anybody's mind should be "why did they wait so long?".

Last edited by kdog; 01-16-2009 at 04:57 PM..

Old 01-16-2009, 03:42 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
"hear this story on democracynow, then tell me Isreal isn't the bad guy"

Stupid question - of course Israel is the bad guy ! The baddest of them all
Now I have a question - don't you ever get tired?

Old 01-16-2009, 03:51 PM

The phrase "terrorists use civilians as human shields" is such a load of crud. Where do you expect people (terrorists) to live? Gaza ain't that big so, duh, they live in the same concentration camp hell hole that the rest of the Gazans live in. You can say that dumb phrase all you want, but it isn't the truth and when more than a thousand people get slaughtered, and their humanitarian relief food gets burned to the ground by using illegal weapons then something doesn't sit right in my gut and like I've said before, The Israelis are repeating their own sorry history, only this time being the aggressor, while the whole world watches and waits for the US to do something about it.

Gain a new perspective people. The rest of the world understands how criminal Isreal is behaving, but their hands are tied. Has it ever crossed your minds that maybe WE are wrong, and the rest of the world is right? Or do you prefer to live up to the "arrogant, idiot American" stereotype?

Old 01-16-2009, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
"hear this story on democracynow, then tell me Isreal isn't the bad guy"

Stupid question - of course Israel is the bad guy ! The baddest of them all
Now I have a question - don't you ever get tired?
Do I get tired? Yes, I get tired of endless occupation of my people, slaughtering of civilians, having my tax dollars go to a government that commits war crimes and doesn't even think twice about it. Y'know, everyone has to have an issue, some people are obsessed with movie stars or acquiring wealth, I guess mine is speaking up for fairness and what's right. Sorry if the truth makes you uncomfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies