Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 08:07 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,713,689 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Yes, Kev HAS seemingly given Marines a reputation even THEY may not always be able to live up to. Seems like KevK might have misread the thread and thought it said "Marines Too Dangerous for Mexico"....?
When the wolve growls at the door
When evil comes a callin in the night
When harm is coming our way
Who do we call to fight

We call the men who say Semper Fi
As the stand for us and sometimes die
They stand on a wall
So we don't fall
They give so much to me and you
I just wanna say Thank You for all they do
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 08:18 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,455,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
When the wolve growls at the door
When evil comes a callin in the night
When harm is coming our way
Who do we call to fight

We call the men who say Semper Fi
As the stand for us and sometimes die
They stand on a wall
So we don't fall
They give so much to me and you
I just wanna say Thank You for all they do
Any brain-dead German in the '30s could've penned or recited bilge like this. In fact, a lot of them did.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:58 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,467,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Once a Marine ALWAYS A Marine! Semper Fi!!
Isn't that the truth!
There was a story in one of DH's journals written by an anesthesiologist who had just arrived in Iraq. He was working in one of the field hospitals when a young man who had been seriously injured was brought in. He was immediately taken to the OR, his wounds repaired and his condition stabilized. When he was in the recovery room, the MD stopped at the patient's bedside to check on how he was doing. The patient was awake but still a bit groggy from the anesthetic, so the MD asked, "How are you doing, soldier?" The patient opened his eyes and bellowed, "I'm not a soldier! I'm a MUH-REEN!!!! (Marine)" Needless to say, the doc never made that mistake again.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 372 times
Marines and Drug cartels have no relation unless attached to a US law enforcement agency. As far as dangers go, most Marines that go to TJ go to meet chicks at the local clubs, hook up with them, and get drunk. They have no other issues on their minds outside of getting a cheap taxi to El Revolusion Blvd and not to get pick pocketed by little mexican kids selliing nickel packs of chicklets.

Old 03-29-2010, 12:10 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,648,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bredemann View Post
I'm at a loss for words......
It's been Off Limits for troops from Ft huachuca for six months.
The Drug wars in Mexico are killing 7 people a day, every day. Just so Americans can get high.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies