Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 06:56 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Yes and expect more. Maybe they were launched by organizations that did not agree to stop. There is the relatively larger Jihad, and also some smaller independent groups, each more radical then hamas.
But the problem is that Israel's ground forces are present in close proximity and it in very hard for both sides to keep a ceasefire, there on the ground.

Thinking about this I have to conclude that two unilateral actions do not constitute an agreement.

I still have to ask what agreement was violated?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 12:49 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,813,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
60% of Israelis and even G.W. Bush (!) agreed to an independent palestinian state. If palestinians are a nation or not... let them define themselves and let jewish people define themselves without the ridiculous "greco-roman" BS.
From a historical point of view (fact is) - there was never an independent Palestine. However, if they want a state, why not?
It may be difficult but with good will it can be done. Problem is that neither side has (enough) good will.
Who are Israelis and Bush to define a Palestinian state? Did they also define the borders? Therein lies the problem in the wide open for many of us too see and have a grasp of.

Old 01-19-2009, 01:10 AM

2,915 posts, read 3,515,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by padcrasher View Post
Yes but there never was an agreement between the two parties. So what's your point?
Since there is no 2 way agreement and hamas continues their brutal attacks in the current war that they started, I guess you won't mind if Israel gets fed up again and starts wiping the floor with hamas again like they should. the world would be a better place.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:02 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Since there is no 2 way agreement and hamas continues their brutal attacks in the current war that they started, I guess you won't mind if Israel gets fed up again and starts wiping the floor with hamas again like they should. the world would be a better place.

America will be a better place as soon as we tell the countries of the Middle East to solve their own problems and we concentrate on ours.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:08 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
America will be a better place as soon as we tell the countries of the Middle East to solve their own problems and we concentrate on ours.
Well, the problems in the Middle East are our problems, as well, unfortunately. For one thing, Israel is an ally, whether you like it or not, and we have an obligation to them. For another, we are still reliant on ME oil. Believe me, I hate it, too, but it's reality for now.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:15 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
Well, the problems in the Middle East are our problems, as well, unfortunately. For one thing, Israel is an ally, whether you like it or not, and we have an obligation to them. For another, we are still reliant on ME oil. Believe me, I hate it, too, but it's reality for now.
Unfortunately, the country is essentially broke, so allies will eventually be forced to just "wing it" on their own. Same goes for ME oil. Dollar hegemony will eventually end. The big shame is that, like the end of the Soviet Union, it'll happen literally overnight.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:30 AM

1,080 posts, read 1,711,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Unfortunately, the country is essentially broke, so allies will eventually be forced to just "wing it" on their own. Same goes for ME oil. Dollar hegemony will eventually end. The big shame is that, like the end of the Soviet Union, it'll happen literally overnight.
And Mr. Obama ain't going to do a thing about it.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:33 AM

9,059 posts, read 12,969,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
And Mr. Obama ain't going to do a thing about it.
Of course not. Emmanuel is a testament to that. Obama won't change anything until he or his successor is forced to, and then not a second later.

I think it's cute people think this foreign policy profile will actually be sustainable during a depression, especially a hyperinflationary one. Politicians will only do what's good for them, not what's good for Israel, the ME, and especially not to God. You'll be surprised at what kind of spending contracts when government is literally forced to do so, and none of it will seem fair to the supporters of those causes.

Our support of Israel started in 1948, coicindentally at the start of economic boom times. What we're on the cusp of FAR outweighs any recession we've had since that time. Those kinds of economic contractions have a marvelous ability to cut programs previously thought "uncuttable".

Old 01-19-2009, 08:11 AM

5,615 posts, read 14,790,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nature's message View Post
This is ridiculous.

It's on Yahoo.
Is it even a small surprise that they're doing this? It sounds like this trouble in the middle east has been going on a lot longer than I've been around.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:34 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,736,758 times
We all knew they were going to do that...Israel just has to defend them self and hit harder the next time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies