Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 06:20 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,261 times

Advertisements

We who did not support the GOP candidate for VP are told she is the best thing since sliced (white) bread. We're told that she's going to be a power to be reckoned with in 2012. We're told that she's got the experience, knowledge, and the wherewithall to become the next POTUS.

Well, I've given this a bit, just a bit, of thought. In order to become our next POTUS, Sarah Palin will need the support of her party. My question is, who are the powers that be in the GOP that support Sarah Palin? She's given a number of interviews berating the press, her McCain handlers, comedians, and bloggers. I have yet to read, see or hear of ONE GOP politician come to her support. I have yet to read, see or hear of one GOP politician state that she is the person they want on the GOP ticket in 2012.

So, I ask, how the heck is she going to be the next POTUS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 06:23 PM

555 posts, read 2,212,146 times
She has my vote! I like her spunk and determination. After 4 years of BO, Palin will look pretty darn good!

Old 01-18-2009, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelle3 View Post
She has my vote! I like her spunk and determination. After 4 years of BO, Palin will look pretty darn good!
Sorry Belle but your vote will only count if she gets on the ticket.

Who in the party, GOP power house politician, supports her? Which GOP'ers, who can, will get her on the ticket?

Old 01-18-2009, 06:31 PM

3,079 posts, read 3,121,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
Sorry Belle but your vote will only count if she gets on the ticket.

Who in the party, GOP power house politician, supports her? Which GOP'ers who can will get her on the ticket?
Are their any left?? I think the new POTUS took them all...

Old 01-18-2009, 06:38 PM

555 posts, read 2,212,146 times
Who said she has to run as a republican?

Old 01-18-2009, 06:41 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,716,151 times
Here's my take on Palin - she was favored by the behind-the-scenes power brokers in the GOP who were less than enamored with McCain as president and party standard-bearer. If McCain won, great for them, they'd have their candidate in place for the long haul, and if McCain lost, they could pin it on him and still have Palin in the position to lead the party in upcoming years. However - she was woefully under-prepared for campaign (note - I'm not calling her stupid, she's not; she just wasn't ready for prime time - I mean, Katie Couric isn't exactly Mike Wallace, right?). Because of the ferocity of opinion around her, I think those same power-brokers have quietly backed off and will probably put their weight behind someone else (Huckabee? Jindal? someone else?) - but they haven't informed her of this and she hasn't figured it out yet herself.

Just one person's opinion here.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Whatcha got, a crystal ball???

There is NOTHING that can make Sarah look good. She isn't going to grow a brain in the next four years and if Jesse Ventura was president for the next four years the DivaDope wouldn't look any better.

Spunk and determination??? Sounds like a beauty pageant contestant...ooohhhh, just perfect for a president!!!

Old 01-18-2009, 07:08 PM

Mitch McConnel is touted as the most powerful Republican today. Has he evoked Palin's name?
Judd Gregg? Karl Rove? Lisa Murkowski? Anyone?

Old 01-18-2009, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Where else is she going to get the multi- and I mean, MULTI millions of dollars to run? A third party simply does not have the bucks to get a person elected. Them's the facts. We may not like them but there they are.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:14 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Very true.

Strom Thurmond created the Dixiecrat Party.

How does the "Moosekateer Party" sound?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies