Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 03:30 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,534,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
No, he didn't "get it right." It was Bush's lawyers and judges who put these two in jail to begin with. It's just one tiny step in undoing his damage to America.
Correct, you don't get to count this a "get it right" when it only corrects an outrageous wrong by this bastard. I can't wait to see commander clueless and his cast of corrupt incompetent cronies just go away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 03:43 PM

358 posts, read 472,426 times
Yeah he did do something right for a change.

Tomorrow I will fly flags on my 30 foot flag pole. I live on a hill just east (4mi) east of Fort Worth. It can be seen for miles. When wmd's were not found and it was apparent that we went to war for reasons other than what we were told I pulled down my flags and said I would not fly them again as long as that SOB was still President.

After Obama drops his hand the flags go up again.

Old 01-19-2009, 06:48 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
These two Border Patrol agents ARE guilty of firing their weapons and trying to cover it up. They were supposed to file a report stating why they had to discharge their weapons. So for intentionally trying to cover that up, they definitely deserved serious disciplinary action, maybe even the loss of their jobs.
No, they were NOT obligated to "file" a report of the incident. All they were obligated to do, according to Border Patrol policy, was give an oral report to their supervisor, who was supposed to "file" a report, but didn't. The supervisor was on scene after the incident happened, along with other bp agents immediately after it happened. The supervisor and the other agents were given IMMUNITY for their testimony against Ramos and Compean. Gee, could they have possibly been threatened with prosecution for not doing so?

People, get this straight... they did make their report to their supervisor, an ORAL report, per the bp policy. Supervisor was on scene, and never filed an official incident report.

They were maliciously prosecuted!

Old 01-19-2009, 07:33 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
You know, off-topic, but something else Bush got right - after 9/11 he and Cheney said, "DONT STOP SHOPPING." Though they put it the wrong way, and didnt bother to explain, and it shouldnt have been the very first thing out of their mouths.

That's all, just wanted to mention the one good thing I can think of from the last eight years
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies