Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2011, 03:21 AM

3,000 posts, read 2,252,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
So...they should be paid more than they are worth??
Everybody is worth at least to be able to put a shelter over there head have food to eat and not have to worry every if they will make it. Thinking people do not deserves this cold-hearted and downright evil. This is the same thinking that Hitler had about the Jews and people had about African Americans when they were slaves. It is scary some people still feel that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2011, 03:28 AM

3,000 posts, read 2,252,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
"Some people have neither the choice ".

We all have choices, and doing a minimum wage job at age 45 is not because of what happened that week. Its usually an accumulation of years of indifference to acquiring skills, education, and training.

Not everyone can get more skills, education , or training they either do not have the money intelligence or time. Let me say again for the 15th time because some people do not want to read through this thread not everyone can get a better paying job because there are only x amount of higher paying jobs. If everyone improved there skills We would have to many people qualified and not enough jobs. Keep believing that fairy tale though that everyone can get better jobs if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Old 04-12-2011, 08:58 AM

24,834 posts, read 37,205,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt1984 View Post
Everybody is worth at least to be able to put a shelter over there head have food to eat and not have to worry every if they will make it. Thinking people do not deserves this cold-hearted and downright evil. This is the same thinking that Hitler had about the Jews and people had about African Americans when they were slaves. It is scary some people still feel that way.
So then the real question is who's reasonability is it???

It sure is not my responsibility if you eat or, worry.

Look like it is back to you.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie Metal View Post
That is not true. That is just ignorant. Are you an educated social worker that deals with people of all backgrounds? Please..
Isn't the real question whose problem is it??

Not mine.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:03 AM

2,514 posts, read 1,980,165 times
Quote:
But, if it were not for the minimum wage perhaps they could work their way up at there current job.
With 20% unemployment? There isn't enough jobs to go around. A big part of why I'm all for upping the minimum wage to $30 hr is to save banks like JP Morgan Front Page They need house prices to be going up not down. If you want house prices to be going up when you have a popping real estate bubble you need to inflate the whole economy, wages prices everything. With deflation in M3 the only way to get wage inflation is with the minimum wag law.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Isn't the real question whose problem is it??

Not mine.
It is everyone's problem that we are having 20%+ unemployment. There are 45 year old people working minimum wage jobs because that is all they can get in this economy. They are way over qualified for their jobs but...

Old 04-12-2011, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
It is everyone's problem that we are having 20%+ unemployment. There are 45 year old people working minimum wage jobs because that is all they can get in this economy. They are way over qualified for their jobs but...
OK...will you be hiring today???

$30 an hour I will work for you.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:10 AM

37,566 posts, read 21,776,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattDen View Post
I was wondering what everyone's opinions are on a minimum wage increase?

I think its ironic that people have objections to the increase from 5.15 to 7.25 an hour at the federal level, many states have already raised the minumum wage to about that level.
Problem solved, let the states decide. Boy, that was easy.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:17 AM

Quote:
OK...will you be hiring today???
What I am doing about it is this: I've tried to figure out how to put everyone back to work.

Step one print a bunch of money and give it to everyone. This will tend to lead to a spike in consumer spending. That should also lead to a spike in employment.

Step two in order to keep the economy from overheating to badly you up the minimum wage (a lot). This will tend to save the banks from themselves as well.

Step three instigate a national savings plan. (In credit unions) We need the national savings rate high enough to buy our national deficit each year. A higher savings rate than this will tend to push exports rather than draw in imports.

Old 04-12-2011, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newonecoming2 View Post
What I am doing about it is this: I've tried to figure out how to put everyone back to work.

Step one print a bunch of money and give it to everyone. This will tend to lead to a spike in consumer spending. That should also lead to a spike in employment.

Step two in order to keep the economy from overheating to badly you up the minimum wage (a lot). This will tend to save the banks from themselves as well.

Step three instigate a national savings plan. (In credit unions) We need the national savings rate high enough to buy our national deficit each year. A higher savings rate than this will tend to push exports rather than draw in imports.
Before you print that money you better read up on the law.

Counterfeiting is illegal.

Many think what you proposed it just what happened in Russia.

In an attempt to end the cold war, another country flood their economy will cash.

It worked!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies