Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2007, 05:05 PM

989 posts, read 5,925,035 times

Advertisements

Miami is a blue-collar metropolitian area. Many immigrants, low wages, and low skills. Does anyone expect these jobs to be around forever? Yeah right! -Outsourced, by 2015! Who exactly is going to be paying for their welfare/unemployment? -Not me!!

I don't understand why you keep letting these lower income people invade our country. They are degrading our quality of life. It's that simple.

Salary only makes up about 10%(or less) of business expense. Paying more money to employees will not cause disaster. Studies show that. So why the heck don't we just use Americans?

This is about greed. This is about the rich getting richer by taking advantage of the poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2007, 05:10 PM

929 posts, read 1,157,029 times
you dont need to rant so much. try to keep the conversation logical and rational.
nothing is going to happen as long as our government turns a blind eye to immigration
your right its about greed. if you want to talk conspiracy theories read up on how many are believing that NAFTA was one step towards a grand unification of canada, america and mexico for financial and purposes of power. they want to make us all the same country like the EURO.
i feel that america is already getting extremely fed up with all of this and revolution is around the corner.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:27 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,747,624 times
Let's hope it eventually cuts off the "irrational exuberance" that has supported unrealistic real estate prices in Florida. It seems like only a major economic disaster would deflate the Florida real estate bubble.

Old 01-28-2007, 10:44 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
lolitaz-

Love it! Your post would be too funny.... if it wasn't so true.

Old 01-29-2007, 04:10 AM

lolitazz
"After I invaded this country and degraded your quality of life"

hey, dont take it personal. im against the trend, not the individual. id be cool to you just as i would anyone provided you were cool in return. unfortunately alot of latin people here just arent very nice in general so im a bit jaded over the whole thing.

Old 01-29-2007, 03:41 PM

67 posts, read 293,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolitazz View Post
Don't worry. It's only gonna get better.

After I invaded this country and degraded your quality of life, I went back to Colombia and found out they were opening call centers and training people to speak English. So the outsourcing will continue and you will pay not only for welfare & unemployment, but also for all the stupid wars coming up in the next few years.

we will be heard AMERICANS look at this .what she speaks of is war against us ,here in our own country.Sunrico made similar comments in a thread about gangs and Americans have come out and shut her up.Do it again do it now.If we dont end this now we are only pushing this mess onto our kids.Wake up .Tell the pc police to shut upo ,you are not a racist for wanting to preserve our country.Tell that illegal how you feel at the grocery store and on the street corner.Look at the quote above and see that she and her culture are declaring war on you and your family.Dont let the pc police influnce you stop this madness. get organized and take the country back.

SHE HAS DECLARED WAR ON THE UNITED STATES>STAND UP FOR OUR COUNTRY .dont hide like sunrico would have you .do something .we are with you and we will do this .im not letting my children do it !Take action and please tell the pc police SHUT IT!

Old 01-29-2007, 05:07 PM

sadly ive worked with plenty of people in miami who were honest about the fact that their whole goal was in getting ahead by cheating the system.
what i find amazing is how my old self prior to moving here would say what i say now is racist but you have to become racist to survive here to a degree because you have to generalize and expect certain ethnicities will be mean to you in certain ways.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:49 PM

67 posts, read 293,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CiXeL View Post
sadly ive worked with plenty of people in miami who were honest about the fact that their whole goal was in getting ahead by cheating the system.
what i find amazing is how my old self prior to moving here would say what i say now is racist but you have to become racist to survive here to a degree because you have to generalize and expect certain ethnicities will be mean to you in certain ways.
you are not a racisst ! you are speaking the truth while snubbing you r nose at the pc police!Come on say it louder !!!!SAY THE TRUTH lets wake all of Americaa upi and stop the invasion!!!!Look at all the other hot topic threads and you will see people snubbing the pc police and waking up .LOUDER come on america LOUDER!!!!!

Old 01-29-2007, 07:27 PM

137 posts, read 185,438 times
txlady, I like your fire! the criminals need to stay home

Old 01-29-2007, 08:12 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,159,358 times
Txlady- you belong in Cuba fighting for Castro! You sound just like his lunatics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies