Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2009, 02:47 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times

Advertisements

So does that mean we should have booed and hissed or slapped Carter and Clinton when they left office? Carter left the country much worse off than Bush did but he was allowed to leave without such insulting responses. So childish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 03:12 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
The bottom line is that Bush kept us safe for 7 plus years. That didn't just happen. It was the result of the policies he put in place. Keeping the country safe is the president's first and highest responsibility. Bush did his job well notwithstanding fighting a two-front war: against the terrorists and against his domestic political enemies. The irony is that Obama is likely to continue the same policies even as he criticizes Bush. Such is life--and hypocrisy.
September 11 happened on Bush's watch.
The biggest terrorist attack was on HIS WATCH.
He was warned.
He read My Pet Goat.

I was active duty, little man.
Don't tell me what I know from personal experience.

BTW, I work purple.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:17 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,277,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
who cares if they organize, theres not enough of them to make a difference. Who cares if they protest. You republicans proved that protesting doesnt do a darn thing. WHo ever is in power rules the day. oh BTW, as far as the GOPs importance on this planet, have I mentioned this?

SHA na na na, Sha na na na, hey hey hey, GOOOOODBYE
Perhaps they can protest in free speech zones.
I believe it is now tradition that they be held several miles from wherever the target of protest is located.
That tradition started in the Bush administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Lies? Like Bill Clinton's lies? Should Bill be punished?
Misery? 6+ years of unprecedented job growth is misery?
Torture? Terrorists deserve torture, thats all they want for you and me!
Death? Huh? From battling a terrorist regime who hides amongst women and children? The same regime who gassed women and children and tortured millions of its citizens? But that must be different somehow, right?

Get a life.
Clinton lied about a blow job.
Bush lied and over 4,200 military members are now dead; 30,000 military members are seriously wounded; hundreds of coalition forces are dead; over 100,000 Iraqis are dead. All of these people had families who loved them. Let's not even get into the number of divorces of active duty personnel who return from 15-18 month deployments to find their families gone.
The US put Saddam Hussein in power. Where were we when these attrocities were happening. The reason we went to war, as Bush himself said was "he tried to kill my daddy."
Try some facts and analysis. It can have interesting results.

Yeah, nice to compare a lie about sex to the destruction this one action of Bush resulted in.

Old 01-22-2009, 03:29 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,524,892 times
And yet both political parties did such free speech zones. Democratic party even went so far as to set up a caged area for their free speech zone. Yes, 9/11 happened less than a year after Bush took office. The first WTC bombing happened when Clinton took office so should Clinton be blamed for that attack? However, he was in office during the attacks on both US embassies in Africa, the USS Cole, and the Air Force Barracks. Rather than go after the terrorist commiting these acts, he treated them as individual crimes in order to prosecute the individuals involved in each of these acts rather than treat it as an act of war which had been declared against our country by these islamic terrorist. Your profile says you're an aging hippie and yet you say you were active duty. What branch, what job, and when?

Old 01-22-2009, 04:21 AM

37,173 posts, read 19,189,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
And yet both political parties did such free speech zones. Democratic party even went so far as to set up a caged area for their free speech zone. Yes, 9/11 happened less than a year after Bush took office. The first WTC bombing happened when Clinton took office so should Clinton be blamed for that attack? However, he was in office during the attacks on both US embassies in Africa, the USS Cole, and the Air Force Barracks. Rather than go after the terrorist commiting these acts, he treated them as individual crimes in order to prosecute the individuals involved in each of these acts rather than treat it as an act of war which had been declared against our country by these islamic terrorist. Your profile says you're an aging hippie and yet you say you were active duty. What branch, what job, and when?
For a real look at so-called "free speech zones", read Molly Ivins book, "Bill of Wrongs". It details a number of cases of infringement on the first amendment and other rights, and is not an opinion piece. The book is fully researched, documented, and footnoted.

one of the chapters concerns a man who is local to my area, Brett Bursey, who was arrrested in 2002 for carrying a sign that said "No War For Oil". Google him to see what W thinks about your Bill of Rights.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:03 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,350,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
He is a Dictator, at least he inspired to be one and acted like one.

In the immortal grobbling by a Dictator in shame:

"If this were a Dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier, so long as I was the Dictator".

"I am The Decider and I decide what's best".

"The sole difference between a dictatorship and a democracy is that the leaders are popularly elected by the masses of people rather than by seizing office by force, being appointed by an elite or by assuming power via a fixed election". (remember ol bushy lost the popular vote despite fixed elections like in Florida? So his courts just appointed him despite what the people wanted)

After he lost that election, he publicly proclaimed himself "The Ruler"

"The war made me do it" was his answer when asked about his assults on rule of law. How professional !

5-9-07 bushy signs into law a bill giving himself full dictatorship in the event of a catastrophic event. This "event" was never defined.

There's a few for ya.
Most foriegn leaders rutenly call him a Dictator.
Yes, he tried to be a dictator. He even made a joke about it. And one could only imagine what you happen had he had another four years? http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.p...xt=va&aid=5721

He went against the Geneva convention and international law and tortured so-called terrorists until they died. He was making his own laws, and Cheney even admitted it. He was no better than Sadam or Hitler. He had his own concentration camp in Gitmo.

So, Sha na na na, sha na na na, hey hey goodbye.

A person has to earn respect, and Bush did what he wanted. He never cared what the people thought and even said as much. If he had at least earned people's respect no one would care whether or not he won the election. He should be tried as a war criminal. You don't go against international law. You don't gather up people and torture them. And most of these people were innocent, but that doesn't matter. They deserve a trial. Thank God Obama is going to try to do something about it. And just like in Germany the camps will be opened someday, and people will walk out--hopefully.

http://www.wagingpeace.org/articles/...sh-assault.htm

JimMe: even the red cross accuses bush of war crimes

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Red_Cr...ilty_0712.html

http://www.nogw.com/warcrimes.html

Last edited by Mattie Jo; 01-22-2009 at 05:17 AM..

Old 01-22-2009, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
September 11 happened on Bush's watch.
The biggest terrorist attack was on HIS WATCH.
He was warned.
He read My Pet Goat.

I was active duty, little man.
Don't tell me what I know from personal experience.

BTW, I work purple.
I had just learned that the 186 books he had read last year were My Pet Goat and that he was reading it over and over again because he didn't understand it.

Yes, he was warned, and he was not surprised when he was reading that book to the kids, and as you know he just continued reading.

Old 01-22-2009, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Aint it funny how some civies think they got their mind around whats it like to be in the Military. Sorry chielgirl, Mam, you got your knickers in a twist. Whenever this country has to defend itself from it's enemies, please step forward and show us how the Military personel should do their job. I would take any bets if you were drafted that after your first night you'll be the first to run off to the drill sargeant crying and screaming your pants off to go home just like the many panzies i seen in MY TIME!!
So does this mean that you approve of rape and torture?

Old 01-22-2009, 07:40 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuba libre View Post
What will be sung if Obama's motorcade involves horses pulling a wagon? The cult-like devotion to Obama is scary. It will be fun to document the liberal media trying to blame Obama's failures on others, like blaming Bush for things for the next decade.
If the Republicans were running against Dog Do do, we would make a bronze statue of doggie do do. Its not that that there is a cult devotion, we are just so releived that Bush is gone, and that there are no more bushes running the country.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:44 AM

3,032 posts, read 5,263,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunkel25 View Post
Yeah, all you republicans, take that!! Bush is EVIL and deserves to die, probably.

But don't you say anything bad about Obama...that's just not fair...
after only 1 full day in office, what passed policy do you have a problem with.

Say what you want about Obama, its a free country again. Free speech is free again. Probably shouldnt say things about Presidents deserving to die however. That might get you a visit by the men in black even if your joking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies