Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 07:35 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,351,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark6052 View Post
the last four years have had pelosi, reid, and barney frank messing up this country. thats why they have an approval rating less than bush, its 1/2. frank demanded and made the banks make loans to people that shouldnt or wouldnt have them normally. but it was the progressives that thought they had a right to a home. to bad they couldnt pay for it. the economy is bad off? with only 7% unemployed, I think its hype. and the market, which most of you dont spend any money in is at a corrected number, about where it was when clinton was in office. no complaints then I wish Obama well, but he is just another president. I didnt vote for him. so many voted for him because it was against bush. (who wasnt running). or because he is black. I could care less.
Very well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 07:50 PM

1,072 posts, read 845,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Sure did a good job overseas - like making America look like a regressive, primitive nation which prefers religious superstition over science, a nation that attacks others, a nation that condones torture, promotes selfish greed, and treats all nations who don't jump to his commands as dirt.
Would you care to describe the characteristics of terrorism?
you forgot a "President, Vice President, and that Rumsfeld" ,
who for the millions of television viewers around the world repeatedly treated the American People with contempt , who from day one closed the curtains and slammed shut the doors on democracy, and that son of a Bush for all intent and purpose tried to declare himself King .

All three should have been tarred and feathered IMO and driven back down Penn Ave in a donkey cart !!!! Old fashioned pennace for traitors.

and in case you think I am a Repub....Mr. Clinton should have gotten the same for having his mid life crisis fantasies performed on tax payer timecards
and then lying about it in the same contemptuous manner to those millions of viewers. He cheated on his wife and the American people.

We can not even imagine the temptations, terror realities and evils that Mr. Obama will face behind those white house doors but every day must be one of hope for honesty. Just honesty can go a long way. Some one who is better then the worst this world has to offer is what America deserves. Red, Blue, pink or purple !!!!

Old 01-20-2009, 08:09 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,847,392 times
Quote:
the last four years have had pelosi, reid, and barney frank messing up this country. thats why they have an approval rating less than bush, its 1/2. frank demanded and made the banks make loans to people that shouldnt or wouldnt have them normally. but it was the progressives that thought they had a right to a home. to bad they couldnt pay for it. the economy is bad off? with only 7% unemployed, I think its hype. and the market, which most of you dont spend any money in is at a corrected number, about where it was when clinton was in office. no complaints then I wish Obama well, but he is just another president. I didnt vote for him. so many voted for him because it was against bush. (who wasnt running). or because he is black. I could care less.
Dems gained slight majority in 2006 let me count my fingers again, nope still doesn't add up to four! The middle class has been hurting for awhile now! All you couldn't see it because it hadn't hit wall street yet! You guys claim the first four were good, but I remember you guys blaiming Clinton for how horrible things were! Now the second four were even worse, and you are still trying to blame the other side! Only the Republican base is buying it, so why are you guys trying to sell it to everyone else? If things get better during Obama's presidency you guys will either do one of two things, claim responsibility, or deny how good thing are! If they don't get better you will play the I told you so game! What happened to0 the party accountability?

Old 01-20-2009, 08:57 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,191 times
Good post, Chatty. I had already quick repped you for another post.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:33 PM

922 posts, read 1,908,973 times
republican responsibility? how about american citizen responsibility? we as americans sat on our collective butts. letting both sides overrun us. we let them pass stupid bills, which had pork, or earmarks. dont give me that bush was a dictator and americans couldnt do anything because of darth-vader(cheney). BS. I see it now as way to many of you want something from the goverment. and that includes the banks, car manuf. and the unions. I dont need to sacrifice for my country, I already gave. more than once. I want my fellow americans to quit making china rich, and wanting a bridge to nowhere.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:38 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,531,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Public_Newsense View Post
The dead horses are going to be grateful when the sore losers finally get over themselves and grow a spine, if they can.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:26 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
We didn't have another 9/11, therefore he did a good job protecting us from terrorists. The problem with that argument is that we have no way of knowing whether anything would've happened without him in charge.
The big problem with that argument is they don't apply it equally. Following their own logic he also failed to protect us on that tragic day.

Old 01-21-2009, 12:29 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
They didn't operate within a veto proof majority, and it's important to point out that while the approval rating was low, it seemed that the majority getting booted out on their collective asses were the republicans. Even in traditional red districts they got thrown out.

There was a reason for that.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:01 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,324,754 times
You're not the only one who is at a loss. that's why 67% of republicans voted democrat this time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
Former President Gerald Ford said it best during his inaugural address. Our long national nightmare is over. When I look back at the last 8 years, I'm truly at a loss to see what Bush really accomplished. I'm sure his defenders will say he kept America safe. We didn't have another 9/11, therefore he did a good job protecting us from terrorists. The problem with that argument is that we have no way of knowing whether anything would've happened without him in charge. His defenders will also say that he got rid of Saddam Hussein and brought about democratic elections in Iraq. But it's hard to look at Iraq now and claim it's better. And if you ask Iraqis, I'll bet a lot of them will say it's a whole lot worse.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:45 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,940,154 times
Default We got Him , lets go with it.

We are entering a new era , one influenced more and more by a generation that does not see black and white as determinative , in their politics . They see new , not old , they see progressive as a step forward , as change.
Its time to give up the old ways , regardless of who is in the White House.

The words of Thomas Jefferson ring true , even today. lets not judge by winners and losers , its not a football game.......

" A democracy is nothing more than mob rule where fifty one percent of the people may take away the rights of the other forty-nine." T. Jefferson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies