Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 10:08 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by punkrocker27ka View Post
Yes but the other attacks were embassys and the cole. they didn't occur on our homeland.

Hold up your claim was that there were no homeland attacks under Clinton and that is clearly wrong. Why didn't Clinton prevent the 93 attack? If you expect Bush to have prevented 9/11 then you surely expect the same from Clinton? Yes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 10:09 PM

646 posts, read 1,639,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcadca View Post
You seem to forget that intelligence "suggested" hell Saddam come out and said he had WMD's and we all know where that got us.

Even if Bush, Clinton and every other President had an idea that they wanted to attack us via planes what should he have done? Shut down the airports? Your theory is ridiculous and short sighted. I lost 6 loved ones on 9/11 and I blame no one but who deserves it. The terrorists.

Actually the intelligence did not suggest that at all. Almost every single one of the claims made during the State of the Union in 2003 and before the Untied Nations came from one single solitary source aka Curveball who fabricated everything and whom the CIA blatently told Bush, Rumself, Cheney that they did not consider him credible. Han's Blix the weapons inspector found aboslutely nothing in Iraq in the months before the war and pleaded for more time but Bush refused. There was incredible doubt to every mushroom cloud fear mongoring statement made by the administration, but they had made up their minds long ago and went any not because of a threat, but because of neoconservative ideology.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Hold up your claim was that there were no homeland attacks under Clinton and that is clearly wrong. Why didn't Clinton prevent the 93 attack? If you expect Bush to have prevented 9/11 then you surely expect the same from Clinton? Yes?

Clinton didn't receive a PDB entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike Inside US"

Old 01-20-2009, 10:10 PM

5,554 posts, read 6,739,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I did not vote for Bush either time because I thought he was too eager to go to war but he did stick out 8 years and anyone who does that with the best of their ablility deserves to be thanked for their service. Thank you President Bush and Laura for your service to America. We are safe and we are better off financially than we were 8 years ago. We still have freedom to worship as we want to and don't have to mingle with those we don't choose to mingle with. I have no complaints. Right this minute, life is good.
Oh my. Better off financially? Where ya been?

Old 01-20-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aylalou View Post
Oh my. Better off financially? Where ya been?

The Twlight Zone?

Old 01-20-2009, 10:13 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,210,572 times
He sucked as a president. I thank him BC we would not have had Barack if not for him. So, thank you and good riddance.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Actually the intelligence did not suggest that at all. Almost every single one of the claims made during the State of the Union in 2003 and before the Untied Nations came from one single solitary source aka Curveball who fabricated everything and whom the CIA blatently told Bush, Rumself, Cheney that they did not consider him credible. Han's Blix the weapons inspector found aboslutely nothing in Iraq in the months before the war and pleaded for more time but Bush refused. There was incredible doubt to every mushroom cloud fear mongoring statement made by the administration, but they had made up their minds long ago and went any not because of a threat, but because of neoconservative ideology.
Sorry but you are wrong. Even through the end of Clintons term he believed that SH had WMD's as did many including others.

SH was a master at smoke and mirrors. He told the inspectors he did not have WMD's but told his people and Iran he did. I do think we rushed into Iraq but I also think SH was playing games.

Oh and we did find chemicals for WMD's in Iraq. To me that counts.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Clinton didn't receive a PDB entitled "Bin Laden Determined to Strike Inside US"

No Clinton was offered OBL on a silver platter and turned it down. So if you want to blame anyone blame Clinton because he could have had him way before 9/11

5,554 posts, read 6,739,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkins Well View Post
I don't even think Bush knew Obama was burning him.
I'm sure you're right!

Quote:
Sorry but you are wrong. Even through the end of Clintons term he believed that SH had WMD's as did many including others.

SH was a master at smoke and mirrors. He told the inspectors he did not have WMD's but told his people and Iran he did. I do think we rushed into Iraq but I also think SH was playing games.

Oh and we did find chemicals for WMD's in Iraq. To me that counts.

We found nothing of any significance that even remotely posed any threat at all. Every single justification for war has been proven wrong. Period!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies