Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 12:43 PM

20,955 posts, read 5,542,607 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>Pretty poopy, but he is within his right to do so if they are not complying.<

He is a lazy turd playing the system.

There was a guy in FL doing the same thing. He was measuring handicapped spaces and suing if they were even an inch too small.

He and all the other lazy losers in this country need to be put in a Mad Max Thunderdome style cage. Make it a pay per view event. We will just shoot the last one standing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
>So you are advocating allowing businesses to break the law?<

Its extortion for a lazy POS to make a living as a parasite.

Ill change my mind when 100% of it goes to charity... and yes that charity can be a charity for the wheelchair bound.

I do aplologize:
To all POS and parasites for the unfavorable comparison.
So you think we should start executing people for being disabled?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2009, 01:17 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkhmini View Post
So you think we should start executing people for being disabled?
Killing is a powerful tool suggested by many in these forums. Look around and see how killing jews/muslims/lawyers/CEOs/heathens etc etc will solve the world's problems. No people, no problems.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmdude View Post
Killing is a powerful tool suggested by many in these forums. Look around and see how killing jews/muslims/lawyers/CEOs/heathens etc etc will solve the world's problems. No people, no problems.
roflmao!

Old 01-21-2009, 01:31 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,200,125 times
There is a big difference between legality and morality. It is legal to do this, but I personally find it dishonest and immoral. I have absolutely no respect for someone taking advantage of the system like this. This is the same as slumlords who jack up prices on apartments and only rent to new immigrants who don't realize they can get housing with better conditions for lower rent...sure it is legal, but that doesn't make the people doing these things less like scum.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:48 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Here's a detailed article about this man and the many other disabled people and attorneys in California who make their livings this same way.

Disabled man's crusade a bane to business owners - Los Angeles Times

He is the centerpiece of the article and the reporter seems repulsed by his personality, but the article has a lot of interesting information.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:24 PM

638 posts, read 1,917,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cristina1 View Post
How many of you spent any time in a wheelchair? There is nothing more frustrating than not being able to go somewhere because there is no ramp, or not being able to use the restroom because there is no stall large enough to fit a wheelchair. I'm lucky that I only need to use the chair temporarily while I recover from a broken leg. I can also sit in a regular chair in a restaurant, so I don't have to deal with the table problem. I HAVE become a firm supporter of the ADA, though.

Because this is only for a few months, I grin and bear it. I can't imagine how those who are permanently disabled feel. If these businesses were complying with the law, then they wouldn't be getting sued.

I think that measuring handicapped spaces to see if they're an inch off is over the top, but ensuring access ramps, handicapped bathrooms, and seating in a restaurant is not. Kudos to this guy!
Most of us do feel for disabled people IF there are no facilities for them. BUT I saw the news segment on this douchebag and they interviewed him and what he does is drive around looking. He doesn't go to places to shop, eat or whatever and then find out. He FLIPPING drives around LOOKING.

again a sorry ass POS that should be dismembered so he can't cause strife to others to benefit himself.

And sorry don't give a crap if he is in a wheelchair and this is his sorry existence for living. He's still a boil on the butt of society.

I have seen PLENTY of wheelchair bound people who still live normal, healthy lives w/families, jobs, transportation.. everything nondisabled people do.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:26 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Someone used the word "lazy." This guy Mundy isn't lazy. He's nasty, plain and simple. He hasn't got a life of his own, and he's apparently still eating himself up from the inside over the motorcycle accident that made him a paraplegic. So he takes out his frustrations by suing over technicalities--aided and abetted by what can only be described as an ambulance-chasing lawyer. What the two of them need are a few carefully planned countersuits, or a judge with a little bit of courage to smack them down a few times, and then maybe they'll let everyone else live in peace.

Old 01-21-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovinCarl View Post
Most of us do feel for disabled people IF there are no facilities for them. BUT I saw the news segment on this douchebag and they interviewed him and what he does is drive around looking. He doesn't go to places to shop, eat or whatever and then find out. He FLIPPING drives around LOOKING.

again a sorry ass POS that should be dismembered so he can't cause strife to others to benefit himself.

And sorry don't give a crap if he is in a wheelchair and this is his sorry existence for living. He's still a boil on the butt of society.

I have seen PLENTY of wheelchair bound people who still live normal, healthy lives w/families, jobs, transportation.. everything nondisabled people do.
*sigh*

Old 01-21-2009, 02:49 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
I dont know anything about the ADA in California but they appear to be way behind on this. According to the LA Times article there are a dozen or so Tom Mundys and their lawyers, all able to make good livings off noncompliant businesses year after year.

If the ADA and the local business building code inspectors were doing their jobs this wouldnt be happening.

Shouldnt the ADA be sending every business in California information on how to get compliant - they could use the threat of "rogue activists" to frighten them into compliance. If there isnt ADA information available via the SBA, all business-related govt agencies, part of building code compliance lists - why isnt there?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:01 PM

3,210 posts, read 4,611,332 times
If for anything, I'm willing to bet he's doing this to **** off people like HatinCarl.

Look at the comments in the article. I don't even think Hitler would be amuzed. It's sad so much hate and bigotry exists in this country...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies