Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 09:32 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Oh poor poster ...so defensive about her looks....

The pics are OLD and you HAVE posted them before, I've seen them.

There is NO way to ascertain that those photos are even you so calm down, try not to protest too much...it looks so ..so..."low-esteem"....
I guess the pictures look better than I thought - since you're so desperate to say they are not mine.

As usual, you are incorrect - the only one I posted before was the shot in canter. The other one - no.

I don't see any defensiveness or hysteria in my response - can you point it out? Or are you deflecting again due to the fact you have nothing of worth to say?

Enough about me - just admit it - michelle has some unfortunate flaws for a female - namely her legs, her backside and her mouth/jaw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 09:55 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,032 times
I do not normally post on this forum, or even read it. But I want to come to the defense of women who have less than perfect physical features. Most of us cannot chose how we are built, or our facial features. I have noticed , in the over 3 quarters of a century that I have lived, those who are critical of other's disabilities frequently end up much worse. Age can be very unkind to some. Of course, Michelle Obama is not old, but there is very little she can do about her 'bow legs' and the fact that her lower torso is larger than her upper torso. The floor length dress hid her legs, but what can she do to 'hide' her lower torso?
As for her teeth...my dear mother had prominent upper teeth. Back in her day, there was little that could be done about that. Today there are ways to correct teeth, but just perhaps her husband loves the way she looks.
It is shocking to me how cruel supposedly adults can be towards such things!
I am of the firm belief that what goes around comes around. Those who are being so hateful, towards our new first lady, will eventually answer for it.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:59 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Who cares? I'm far from liberal but this ____ is growing old.

Sounds just like the libs did complaining about everything Bush/McCain/Palin ever did. No matter what everything bad was their fault and evreything they did was bad.

Its like 90% political followers act like 6 year olds.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:59 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
It is shocking to me how cruel supposedly adults can be towards such things!
I am of the firm belief that what goes around comes around. Those who are being so hateful, towards our new first lady, will eventually answer for it.
Oh gosh! Where have you been? You could have chimed in when the lefties were bashing Cindy McCain's looks. Too bad you didn't post your disapproval then - or did you?

You're right, though. What comes around, goes around.

Ps. I never said anything about her teeth, just her jaw and mouth (i.e., as in structure)

Old 01-22-2009, 10:09 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,088,319 times
I'm not a Michelle fan--I will admit she scares me.

That said, I also admit to not liking too many of the things she's worn in public. That's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. But I tend to think about fashion in terms of things I might see myself wearing and as a white woman--even though I'm dark haired/olive skinned, that icky yellowish-greenish color would look awful on me. Drilling the dress down into its elements, I would admit first that Michelle can actually carry off that color--not many people can. I'd venture to guess that most black women could, and perhaps other women of Hispanic/Latino or maybe Mediterrianian descent?

The pattern reminded me of 1970's flocked wallpaper.

I didn't mind the gloves. I thought they were interesting, though they also managed to steal the show as they held Lincoln's Bible.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:17 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,031,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwine View Post
Or...a bald person? Or a skinhead? Or Michelle without hair?
Your joke make no sense?
Neither does your English, but Im not complaining!

And to the person that posted a pic of Mrs. Obama looking like she has man-parts, where did you find that?!

Old 01-22-2009, 10:17 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Its pointless to bash her for that. Just as its pointless for libs to bash Palin all the time and her kids.

Both sides need to stop play "gotcha!" and every little dumb thing.

I dont exactly like MO...dont exactly dislike her. (dont care about her looks, what she wears, etc).

If you're going to get on her about something get on her about her "proud for the first time"
Get on her for going to that church for 20years
Get on her for her "allegedly" racist thesis.

As far as I can tell those are the only 3 things she's involved with that should even be considered for discussion.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:28 AM

1,326 posts, read 2,391,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Whadda mean! Look at the lovely, shapely thigh in the first pic. Look at the skinny waist in the second as the speed of the gait blows my sweater (with a turtleneck underneath) againt my tummy.

Unfortunately, when videoing riding, one wants to see the frame of the horse and the position of the rider, sans head.

As I've said before, her backside is about as wide as my horses'.
Sorry but most black women don't have pancake butts, you'll have to wait at least 4 more years to see that in the white house again.

Old 01-22-2009, 10:49 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That is the same as we can't say anything about Obama unless we are president our self.... or when the Dem..started to bash Bush! hypocrites...

Old 01-22-2009, 10:53 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Sanrene, plain and simple, I was taught that it is not polite to make fun of the way someone looks. I have manners. You don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies