Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 01:57 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,939,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
His philandering shouldn't have become a public issue in the first place.
Yeah. We do remember, don't we, that his philandering became a public issue because he was accused of sexual harassment? And that during his sworn testimony on that incident, he lied about his relationship with Monica. And that, while he was never found guilty of harassment, he paid Paula $850,000 to drop the issue before the appeal had been decided. We remember that right? It wasn't just that he fooled around with an awe struck intern. The man was accused of a felony. His philandering becasme a public issue becasue it was tied to said felony.

Last edited by Bill Keegan; 01-22-2009 at 02:00 PM.. Reason: Typos. Added last sentence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2009, 01:58 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
He lied under oath - DUH!!

He never should have been questioned about his sex life under oath in the first place.

I guess in NeoConLand if he'd taken the Reagan defense of "Well, I don't remember" he's be hailed as a great President?

Old 01-22-2009, 02:00 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Yeah. We do remember, don't we, that his philandering became a public issue because he was accused of sexual harassment? And that during his sworn testimony in that incident, he lied about his relationship with Monica. And that, while he was never found guilty of harassment, he paid Paula $850,000 to drop the issue before the appeal had been decided. We remeber that right? It wasn't just that he fooled around with an awe struck intern. The man was accused of a felony.

And YOU remember don't you there is a difference between accusation and conviction?

Old 01-22-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
And YOU remember don't you there is a difference between accusation and conviction?
Yes, and I pointed out that he hadn't been convicted. I also pointed out that he paid the acuser $850,000 to have her stop pusuing the issue. Maybe he had so much money that it was easier for him to pay her off & make it go away, but I know that if I were wrongly accused of that, I'd make sure I spent the money to fight it, not to make her shut up. Paying off the accuser never looks like the action of an innocent man.

But the point of my post was that there was a REASON, and a damned good one, for his "philandering" to have been made a public issue. Just as Kennedy was allowed his very obvious dalliances, no one would have made an issue of Bill's, unless & until this criminal activity was brought forward.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:07 PM

513 posts, read 647,016 times
A President who's engaged in dubious behavior can be blackmailed by foreign powers.

And if Reagan had committed adultery, we'd never hear the end of it. But if Bill commits adultery, "It's progressive mannn, it's cool!!!" Sheer hypocrisy.

Old 01-22-2009, 02:14 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,661,904 times
Just reading some of these idiotic posts in here confirms why other countries think we are nuts! I also find the Democratic race to be a peaceful one as the Republicans love to fight! Which is why we have 3 wars going on right now! Yes We Can, Yes We Did! Thank God for Obama! He will try and bring world peace. As far as Bush, I hope he gets on his horse, the horse throws him and gives him one big huge kick on the A_S!

Old 01-22-2009, 02:15 PM

Quote:
He never should have been questioned about his sex life under oath in the first place.

I guess in NeoConLand if he'd taken the Reagan defense of "Well, I don't remember" he's be hailed as a great President?
I agree, what does sex have to do with being president? All men have sex! If they do'nt there is something wrong with them. I guess that is why Bush went nuts!

Old 01-22-2009, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Just reading some of these idiotic posts in here confirms why other countries think we are nuts! I also find the Democratic race to be a peaceful one as the Republicans love to fight! Which is why we have 3 wars going on right now! Yes We Can, Yes We Did! Thank God for Obama! He will try and bring world peace. As far as Bush, I hope he gets on his horse, the horse throws him and gives him one big huge kick on the A_S!
You refer to Democrats a a different race from Republicans? Really? And what's the reson other countries think we are nuts?

Old 01-22-2009, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
He lied under oath - DUH!!
And Bush lied to how many soldiers that were sent to Iraq for false reasons and lost their lives because of it! The sex Clinton had did not cause a loss of life to anyone!
Hellooooo?

Old 01-22-2009, 02:24 PM

513 posts, read 647,016 times
President-elect Obama was never scrutinized.

--His ties with Ayers (who wanted to murder 25 million Americans) were never thoroughly investigated by MSM.
--His dealings with crook Tony Rezko were never thoroughly investigated by MSM.
--His eligibility to be President was never investigated by the MSM. He's not even eligible to be President! (Why does he need 3 law firms to hide a $10 birth certificate?)
--His ties with Kenyan murderer Odinga were never investigated by the MSM. (He campaigned for Odinga in Kenya.)
--His plan to create his personal SS troops has never been investigated by the MSM. (A civilian security force that's just as well funded as the military.)
--His untraceable campaign contributions weren't investigated by the MSM
--Etc.

Why is this? It's because all msn is owned by about 12 companies and are propaganda arms for liberals. And that includes Fox!

Instead of objective reporting and informing the American people, he was fawned over and asked silly questions about how he feels about what his mom would think to see him elected as president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies