Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 05:58 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,580,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by braderjoe View Post
Yeah sure..whenever its something not reflecting anything pro-zionist or anti-palestinian/islam/arab its always because the poster has an 'agenda' Yeah.. Maybe it could just be that the rest of the world has a different view from yours?
These are the words you type. But your postings throughout this forum indicate that, in fact, you have some pretty strong biases. I did not use the terms "pro-Zionist" or "anti-Palestinian." You did. Eventually the mods will ban you, just as they have the others who ranted and raved in the same vein. Because when we get to the proverbial bottom line, you are a hater. You can deny this until you turn blue in the face, but your own words are all over CD to contradict your denials.

As to the rest of the world, I don't expect everyone to line up with my views and beliefs. But I do expect a little consideration--which I know isn't forthcoming from you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 06:03 PM

5 posts, read 6,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I don't think this thread was started to foster discussion. I think it was created to advance an agenda, which idea occurs to me if you've seen his postings elsewhere.
If you don't like the message attack the messenger. Good going, now chill out.

Old 01-23-2009, 08:48 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,580,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamibagwan View Post
If you don't like the message attack the messenger. Good going, now chill out.
When the messenger's "message" is that twisted, yes, I will. And I invite you to check out his other postings. He's a one-trick pony and, in fact, he doesn't even really have a message. He has an agenda.

And your contribution is...?

Old 01-24-2009, 04:57 PM

We all have agendas, and if not you really should get one. Let us be thankful that braderjoe has brought Christian Fraser's powerful report to our attention. It is too easy to take lofty positions on a conflict far away. But it is important to know and empathise with those caught in the war zone. The human cost of the Israeli military's actions must be recognised and understood.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:08 PM

30,286 posts, read 51,900,593 times
Not that two wrongs make a right, but do you know how many Israeli (and Palestinian) children have been killed by Hamas? And while we're at it, have you seen the stats on how many children OUR OWN MILITARY has killed/maimed in Iraq? I was just watching a story on the news recently, about how we're bringing injured Iraqi children to be treated here - including a young boy who was made deaf by American missles. Considering they were hurt by our weapons, I think it's the LEAST we can do (treating them in US hospitals). All of this has to stop... whether it's the Israeli, Hamas, or American soldiers, no innocent civilians should be the victims in our war games.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:19 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,964,809 times
The agenda of Hamas has nothing to do with land. They want to wipe out Israel. The people, including the children, are collateral damage to Hamas.

Old 01-24-2009, 05:33 PM

The Palestinian death toll after three weeks of Israel's war was 1,285, according to the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights, or 1,268 according to the al-Mezan Human Rights Centre. Among these dead are at least 280 children.

More than 4000 Palestinians are injured and more than a quarter, that is over 1000, are children.

13 Israelis were killed over this period, made up of 10 soldiers and 3 civilians.

The Israeli Professor Avi Shlaim sums up the Israeli war not as an eye for an eye, but "an eye for an eyelash".

Old 01-24-2009, 06:28 PM

37,158 posts, read 19,160,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Not that two wrongs make a right, but do you know how many Israeli (and Palestinian) children have been killed by Hamas? And while we're at it, have you seen the stats on how many children OUR OWN MILITARY has killed/maimed in Iraq? I was just watching a story on the news recently, about how we're bringing injured Iraqi children to be treated here - including a young boy who was made deaf by American missles. Considering they were hurt by our weapons, I think it's the LEAST we can do (treating them in US hospitals). All of this has to stop... whether it's the Israeli, Hamas, or American soldiers, no innocent civilians should be the victims in our war games.
Here is a picture of Ali, a 12 year old Iraqi boy that was disarmed by George W. Bush.

If I remember correctly, Ali lost his arms and legs and 17 members of his family for the crime of sleeping in his bed.

I know George feels much safer now knowing that Ali can't swim over here and attack America.

http://i116.photobucket.com/albums/o34/femichel/Ali.jpg (broken link)

Old 01-24-2009, 07:29 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,453,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shamibagwan View Post
The Palestinian death toll after three weeks of Israel's war was 1,285, according to the Palestinian Centre for Human Rights, or 1,268 according to the al-Mezan Human Rights Centre. Among these dead are at least 280 children.

More than 4000 Palestinians are injured and more than a quarter, that is over 1000, are children.

13 Israelis were killed over this period, made up of 10 soldiers and 3 civilians.

The Israeli Professor Avi Shlaim sums up the Israeli war not as an eye for an eye, but "an eye for an eyelash".
Israel didn't start this campaign to take revenge. Thousands of rockets were fired during last 8 years, mostly unanswered by Israel. Some people expect a ping pong like exchange of punches. You throw one, now is my turn...What would have been the purpose of that?
Israel tried (apparently unsuccessfully, since they halted the military operation) to rid Gaza of Hamas or at least decimate its military force and put an end to the smuggling of weapons into Gaza.
2) Any particular reason for quoting this professor and not others? I can offer many other names.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:31 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,971,541 times
I'm sure Hamas is compensating all of the victims families right? Errr...uh...or maybe they're just recruiting them as suicide bombers. It's very simple-if you can't do the time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies