Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 12:30 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,844,675 times

Advertisements

I guess I can see why Jesus chose to walk with the less undisirable aspects than the self rightous that claimed to be the moral authority!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2009, 12:43 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
I guess I can see why Jesus chose to walk with the less undisirable aspects than the self rightous that claimed to be the moral authority!
Exactly. As a devout atheist, I honestly feel most religions (if one believes in god) are fine as are most followers. It is the fanatics (5%??) that cause a lot of problems when they become extremely righteous.

Old 01-24-2009, 12:47 PM

1,469 posts, read 4,494,099 times
It appears some of the black christians are not very happy with Obongo.

Obama's Nonbeliever Nod Unsettles Some

Old 01-24-2009, 12:53 PM

4,173 posts, read 6,684,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post

Apparently, they are the bigoted ones. Other religions and nonreligions a true part of America - they need a reality pill and some education.

Old 01-24-2009, 02:38 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
If you take a browse around some Christian sites or even the Christian forum on this site, you get the idea that Obama's election, by their interpretation, is the fulfillment of biblical prophecy of some sought. I'm actually waiting to see some "prophecy expert" mangle some biblical scripture to come up with a picture of Obama next to it. I'm sure that as I type there one or more of them circulating already.

As far as some of them are concerned, America is on a downward slide in relation to God's laws (because both us and Israel are the center of God's universe you know) and Obama's election is the last straw to break the eagle's back. After all, he has reversed Bush's policy on abortion funding and THAT is all the proof that is needed to prove that he might just be the dreaded anti-Christ, Satan's anointed. The next thing he is liable to do is ban the Bible, close churches and begin a purge of bible believers [READ: True Christians™) in this country and be the catayst for the Great Tribulation!

The country was not going to hell in a hand basket while Bush was in office but on one fateful cold day in January, one man's ascent to our nation's highest office put us on the fast track there. In their minds, he was able to do in 3 days what Bush did not do in 8 years. Heck, one Christian even said that Obama's election means that 'evil has won.'

Now the interesting part is this. Millions of Christians voted for Obama, knowing his views on abortion and all. If Obama is essentially an agent of Satan and not to have voted for him proved a duty to God, then how are those other Christians who voted for him viewed? Is this where that "well they are not True Christians™" excuse/argument come in?

The Bible states that no one knows the exact time of the end except the Father and that most people will be unaware of what is taking place.

“But as for that day and hour no one knows it – not even the angels in heaven – except the Father alone. For just like the days of Noah were, so the coming of the Son of Man will be. For in those days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day Noah entered the ark. And they knew nothing until the flood came and took them all away. It will be the same at the coming of the Son of Man." Matthew 24:36-39

A number of Anti-Christs have already come (in type); Caesar, Nero, Genghis Khan, Stalin, Hitler...They have also gone. The anti-Christ who is to come was not any of those and will make them look like cute little bunny rabbits in comparison. Obama hasn't really done anything that Clinton didn't also do with respect to abortion. I think it is a horrible thing for us to finance the murder of the preborn, but we've done this sort of thing before. I personally think that in and of itself is not cause to believe that Obama is the anti-Christ. I found the IL and AZ lottery numbers (666/777) following the election to be of greater significance than his commonly encountered disregard for life.

I am personally of the opinion that anti-Christ will not be closing churches since he will be in them. His enemy are those who put their faith and trust in Jesus. Perverting the Gospel will be at the top of his agenda. Jesus told us the parable of the farmer who sowed good seed only to have an enemy come while he was sleeping to sow weeds in with it, Matthew 13:24-30, 13:36-43.

"He answered, “The one who sowed the good seed is the Son of Man. The field is the world and the good seed are the people of the kingdom. The weeds are the people of the evil one, and the enemy who sows them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels.

The subject of anti-Christ is a fascinating one especially since we are so close to the end, but believers are instructed to watch for Christ's return.

"Therefore you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him." Matthew 24:44

NETBible: Matthew 13

Old 01-24-2009, 02:42 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
these bible freak politicians/supporter are really gross if they practiced the bible that hard, they would be the most upstanding peaceful citizens not the types we see in reality

Old 01-24-2009, 02:45 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim280 View Post

on the real who cares, if you listen to alot of the black anti-oba.ma individuals who are preachers they are worse than al sharpton and jackson combined, they are crabs in a barrel with room to hate.

it reminds me of those black pawns fox hires to speak out against any other black person they see fit.

jesse lee paterson is one of them. pure comedy. and dumbness

Old 01-24-2009, 03:21 PM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,617,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
If you take a browse around some Christian sites or even the Christian forum on this site, you get the idea that Obama's election, by their interpretation, is the fulfillment of biblical prophecy of some sought. I'm actually waiting to see some "prophecy expert" mangle some biblical scripture to come up with a picture of Obama next to it. I'm sure that as I type there one or more of them circulating already.

As far as some of them are concerned, America is on a downward slide in relation to God's laws (because both us and Israel are the center of God's universe you know) and Obama's election is the last straw to break the eagle's back. After all, he has reversed Bush's policy on abortion funding and THAT is all the proof that is needed to prove that he might just be the dreaded anti-Christ, Satan's anointed. The next thing he is liable to do is ban the Bible, close churches and begin a purge of bible believers [READ: True Christians™) in this country and be the catayst for the Great Tribulation!

The country was not going to hell in a hand basket while Bush was in office but on one fateful cold day in January, one man's ascent to our nation's highest office put us on the fast track there. In their minds, he was able to do in 3 days what Bush did not do in 8 years. Heck, one Christian even said that Obama's election means that 'evil has won.'

Now the interesting part is this. Millions of Christians voted for Obama, knowing his views on abortion and all. If Obama is essentially an agent of Satan and not to have voted for him proved a duty to God, then how are those other Christians who voted for him viewed? Is this where that "well they are not True Christians™" excuse/argument come in?
Most true Christians would not touch your question with a ten foot pole. Man looks on the outward appearance and Jesus looks in the heart. How can any of us know why someone does anything. We decide for ourselves what we should do and leave it to others to do the same thing. We are a self-governed nation, so we as citizens are responsible for how we voted and have to live under the same judgments other citizens do when our nation is being disciplined. We are one nation under God.

I personally have a lot of relatives I am very disappointed in. They are Catholic and I specifically pointed out his past history on the abortion issue and they not only ignored it, they got angry with me for saying anything. They were impressed with him! He left an impression on me too, but not one that made me want to vote for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies