Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 10:55 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,285,332 times

Advertisements

It seems that a majority of people still get their news from print papers and not the internet versions. Not a newspaper reader? Never fear, since that number of those who still use print papers is going down each year. It appears that it because of the grim reaper who takes the lives of old people who are the ones who still use the newspaper the most.

63% Prefer Print Over Online Versions of Newspapers - Rasmussen Reportsâ„¢
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2010, 01:02 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,891,980 times
It’s important to get news information from different sources and areas not just the local newspaper, tv, or radio. Limited information is propaganda and there are too many places in this country that news is limited, and people are uniformed.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:13 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,673,094 times
Read the story in the paper, if I need background, I can look it up.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:44 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,452,394 times
To trust the News from any one Source is ridiculous, the News should come from a variety of sources, and even then, you should sort out, what is fact to you, and fiction, for all News Sources, are known to do this. It is never good to trust the News coming from just one News Outlet, what ever that Outlet may be. Keep an open mind also, sometimes it is those that you don't seem to trust, that offer the complete, and honest News.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:33 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,168,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It seems that a majority of people still get their news from print papers and not the internet versions. Not a newspaper reader? Never fear, since that number of those who still use print papers is going down each year. It appears that it because of the grim reaper who takes the lives of old people who are the ones who still use the newspaper the most.

I'm surprised, I'd have guessed a way lower number.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:37 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,134,648 times
As personal time goes, there's not much that I enjoy more than reading the newspaper, front to back, over lunch.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:41 PM

20,349 posts, read 19,937,992 times
Newpapers, TV, internet in my case.

Old 06-02-2010, 02:46 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,362,657 times
Print news is day old news and day old news in today's world can be deadly.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:26 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
I like to read the local newspaper. It has a lot of information that wouldn't be in larger newspapers. I read several national newspapers on-line, and visit several international news sites as well. I watch several news outlets on television. I'm not big on talk radio. Plains Radio is often plain offensive. But I believe it's important to rely on a variety of news outlets, and it's especially important to make the distinction between news and entertainment. Commentators like O'Reilly or Maddow are entertainment. They may comment on the news, and may subscribe to certain journalistic ethics, but because they are entertainers first and foremost, the journalistic ethic of not personalizing the news, not injecting yourself into the news, is not present in their commentaries. When commentators do their job, I may learn things I didn't know, but I'm mindful as well that commentators have an agenda, and an agenda may mean that parts of the story are left out or minimized. It's not complete. If a story really interests me, getting that story from several sources helps me to understand the events more completely.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:43 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,327,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post

I use to be an advid newspaper reader...but now I never pick one up...

I get most of my news from either the radio or internet...or just headlines from the paper as I walk past a stand and glance...

My sister subscribes to the paper...and they just pile up...

And with stuff like Craigs list...you can run adds for free...has anyone checked newspaper add price lately??

I ran an add 5 years ago...and it was like $180.00 or more for one week...they need to get their act together and lower add price for classifieds...or go the way of the dinasours...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies