Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 06:54 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,475,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by amerifree View Post
Ten years!!! Woo-Whooo!!! How's that laundry thing coming along?
I guess subtraction is a little bit above your pay grade, you racist piece of filth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 07:19 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,189,572 times
I love the title of the thread... " The face of evil"

I can't help but chuckle at this overly simplistic absolutist good vs evil quantification of complex foreign policy and cultural conflict.

A nation afraid and living in fear - Mission accomplished. Now we can all put on that John Durrill song from Clint Eastwood's, Every Which Way but Lose, soundtrack...

The good guys and the bad guys...

Old 01-26-2009, 08:29 AM

820 posts, read 1,202,588 times
This is called missing the point:

Quote:
Fraticide makes people angry. Ever see a pic of American troops after they lost comrades to friendly fire?

Edit to add:
Fraticide and colateral damage make me sick. It's as ugly as a multiple vehicle pile-up on the highway.
Bigotry and stupidity make me angry and disgusted.

Last edited by gbear48; 01-26-2009 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: Addition information.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:34 PM

25,706 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
I guess subtraction is a little bit above your pay grade, you racist piece of filth.
You sure like that word, don't you. You also like name calling and personal attacks. Racism is the hate of an individual for the color of his or her skin. Is that a different kind of hate than the hate you harbor in your heart? Is one type of hate worse than the other?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post

The good guys and the bad guys...
Yeah, some of us do call the specific targeting and killing of innocent people bad. Some of us do consider it bad to purposely murder folks who have nothing to do with a political grievance. Is that wrong of us?

You tell me which of the thousands of people who died in the towers had previously spent time in the middle east killing and maiming its populace. If you can show me that the inhabitants of the towers that day were primarily armed militants bent on cleansing the world of middle easterners, then I'd be willing to reconsider my calling the twin tower tragedy bad.

When was the last time you witnessed a beheading in your town square? My guess is you haven't. Is that good or bad? When was the last time a group of individuals dragged a burning body past your house behind a jeep? Again, I don't think you've seen it. Is that good or bad? When did the last bomb go off at your local grocery store, church, or stadium? No? Is that good or bad?

Now, how many times have you seen bulls**t like that happening in the middle east? It's a daily occurrence. Is it good or bad?

I, and anyone with any human dignity inside of them, will continue to call the places where government sponsored tyranny, violence, and murder is the rule rather than the exception, bad. We will also continue to call a place where living our lives in freedom and choosing our own destiny (as INDIVIDUALS rather than as the labels I'm sure you like to use) as a rule rather than an exception, good. If it's the other way around for you, perhaps you'd better go find a domicile where life is 'good' for you--a place where you can witness your brand of good daily.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:54 PM

11,135 posts, read 14,189,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Yeah, some of us do call the specific targeting and killing of innocent people bad. Some of us do consider it bad to purposely murder folks who have nothing to do with a political grievance. Is that wrong of us?

You tell me which of the thousands of people who died in the towers had previously spent time in the middle east killing and maiming its populace. If you can show me that the inhabitants of the towers that day were primarily armed militants bent on cleansing the world of middle easterners, then I'd be willing to reconsider my calling the twin tower tragedy bad.

When was the last time you witnessed a beheading in your town square? My guess is you haven't. Is that good or bad? When was the last time a group of individuals dragged a burning body past your house behind a jeep? Again, I don't think you've seen it. Is that good or bad? When did the last bomb go off at your local grocery store, church, or stadium? No? Is that good or bad?

Now, how many times have you seen bulls**t like that happening in the middle east? It's a daily occurrence. Is it good or bad?

I, and anyone with any human dignity inside of them, will continue to call the places where government sponsored tyranny, violence, and murder is the rule rather than the exception, bad. We will also continue to call a place where living our lives in freedom and choosing our own destiny (as INDIVIDUALS rather than as the labels I'm sure you like to use) as a rule rather than an exception, good. If it's the other way around for you, perhaps you'd better go find a domicile where life is 'good' for you--a place where you can witness your brand of good daily.

My complaint is the idiocy of diluting complex issues down to overly simplistic "good vs evil" garbage which might be fine and understandable for a third grader but being I suspect most people here are adults, they realize that it isn't that simple. It isn't whether people in the Middle East do bad things or not, as there is no sense in stating the obvious.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:02 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,232 times
Quote:
Ten years!!! Woo-Whooo!!! How's that laundry thing coming along? Remember baby steps, that's the key...

I don't care where verbs conjugate, .... as long as they do it in private.
How's mayberry coming along Goober?

Old 01-26-2009, 01:03 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,562,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Its for protesting the death of their loved ones! Thats why we should be angry
Well then by all means, please never get angry if someone kills someone you love. Get over it troll.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:07 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,845,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Well then by all means, please never get angry if someone kills someone you love. Get over it troll.
I guess sarscasm is above your comprehension!

Old 01-26-2009, 01:14 PM

790 posts, read 1,732,987 times
Quote:
Never forget 9/11 and what these animals did to us!

Afghans protest against a raid by U.S.-led coalition forces ... - Yahoo! News Photos
damn protesters! Protesting is against the American way of life!

Old 01-26-2009, 01:18 PM

998 posts, read 1,332,232 times
Gee...remember those golden years in those movie reels where the local populace greets US soldiers with goodwill and open arms? Where did it all go wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies