Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 06:56 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,138,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Legislators and lawyers create the problems they save us from.

The law is attempting to take the place of religion based ethics and morality. It would require endless laws and be impossible to cover every situation. The more laws the more subjective their enforcement. This subjective enforcement breathes live in prejudice and bias that has enormous potential for political and social abuse.

The law is designed to destroy what it pretends to protect.

The law is like a firearm as it has the potential for great abuse or for greater good.

The law and lawyers combine to form a conspiracy which excludes anyone not a lawyer from understanding any legal document whether it be a legal release in a dentists office or a piece of legislation. As such the law confuses any reference point for the public as all laws are subject to interpretation, review, reversal and appeal. What appears to be an illegal act becomes a allowed by argument, technicality and appeal.

The law has created the monstrous concept of 'the great slippery slope' which has burned fear of being sued into the hearts of everyone and has added unnecessary cost to our existence.

Legislators feed the lawyers and often are the same such as Menendez of NJ backed by trial lawyers. Any law which bears a 'victims name' should be a red flag that immediately should be grounds for elimination. We have gained a painful insight into how the law and legislators work when it was revealed that the body of august legislators passed Obamacare without knowledge of legal implications. This abandonment of responsibility has gone unchallenged legally and taken in partnership with a partisan media has stunned the electorate and alienated those who make the laws and practice laws.

A judge filing suit for 7 million dollars against a dry cleaner for losing his pants is the poster child for out of control legal bandits to ply their trade. Unfortunately this seems to be SOP for a large part of the profession. Badger a victim of a transgression though judgement and arbitration find for the victim and no case for the claimant until the victims insurance decides it is less costly to settle than spend money and time to win in court.
A year and some-odd later, I'm still waiting for you to explain to all the laid-off lawyers out there where all of these "recession-proof" jobs are out there for them. Hell, I could use some guidance on that myself. Maybe I'd actually bother to sit for the bar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2011, 07:35 AM

30,058 posts, read 18,652,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
People fighting to keep criminals out of jail, by any means neccesary, wether it be on legal technicalities or telling clients to shut their trap right as they're about to spill their guts. Lawyers are unethical scum.

I run across alot of lawyers from doing work comp and injury depositions. Most of the lawyers I run across in my state are pretty decent people who are far from the picture of an ambulance chaser.

I think that the problem with lawyers is that they work in a legal system, not a justice system, which is entirely different. The legal system is set up such that crooked attorneys, particularly those who file the numerous class action suits, are able to rob industry simply to line their own pockets. These are the major crooks of the legal system.

I think that the nuts and bolts lawyers are just doing thier job as best they can.

Old 09-25-2011, 07:48 AM

1,392 posts, read 2,858,753 times
Like my Dad always said,"if you need one, a good lawyer is worth his weight in gold". Only a fool goes in front of a Judge without a lawyer, it's just the way it is.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:05 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waitingtundra View Post
Like my Dad always said,"if you need one, a good lawyer is worth his weight in gold".
And costs the same?

Old 09-25-2011, 09:08 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post
attorneys are like the Apostals some good and some bad
Many think that the bad ones are the good ones.

Old 09-25-2011, 09:10 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
Quote:
People fighting to keep criminals out of jail, by any means neccesary, wether it be on legal technicalities or telling clients to shut their trap right as they're about to spill their guts. Lawyers are unethical scum.
Henry VI (part 2) William Shakespeare.

Old 11-09-2011, 07:02 PM

247 posts, read 538,052 times
People have rights and most "criminals"are innocent until proven guilty.Who are you to judge who is innocent or guilty?Do you believe the media and everything you hear?This question has less to do with lawyers but more to do with people's rights.Don't be a foolish sheep.

Old 05-12-2012, 10:38 AM

5 posts, read 4,502 times
In general most defends attorneys have to be scum to be successful "by any means necessary" Anyone with access to the news have seen the OJ'S and Casey Anthony's of this world walk away as a result of the slick Jonny Cochran's & Jose Baez types. Lie like a dog, do interviews, write a book and Mr. Lawyer is all set. Of course the lawyer's cutesy reply is that everybody hates lawyers until they need one. Doesn't take much of a leap to realize they need protection from another lawyer. Yes we need a crime and punishment system, but contrary to what the legal community keeps telling us, we do not have the best system in the world. We've got a bunch of good ole boys that have created the most litigious environment in the world for the sole purpose of "lining their pockets" by any means necessary "

Old 05-12-2012, 01:31 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Sure. All lawyers are scum until someone needs one, then the lawyer who is selected is Jesus Come Down From The Cross and only the other lawyer is scum.

Old 05-12-2012, 07:33 PM

29,094 posts, read 25,996,493 times
Quote:
So am I correct in thinking that if you are falsely accused of committing a crime - you will not ask for a lawyer to defend you from the unjust prosecution and will gladly go to prison?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies