Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 08:18 AM

19,567 posts, read 21,868,498 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaCowboy View Post
You will see before it is over:
Quote:
1.Soup lines all over America
Food banks and such have unprecedented numbers of people right now...
Quote:
2. 8% of the population homeless
Not sure on the numbers today, but some places have areas set aside for those living in their cars...it was in CA I believe.
Quote:
3. At least 6 major US riots.
No real riots yet...
Quote:
4. Unemployment 15-20%
I think the official figures are VERY low due to the method used.we are probably already into double digits,CA has almost 10% unemployment NOW.
Quote:
5. Politicians and executives fleeing America in fear of their safety.
They are already,gun control laws are there for a reason,and it isn't to control crime.
Quote:
6. Crime rise to all time record highs across the nation
Getting there,locally property crime is high.
Quote:
7. Suicide at an all time high.
No idea.

Quote:
We are heading into absolutely DIRE times. And I do not use the term lightly. Anyone who feels otherwise, is hiding under their blankets. This chit is real and as real as it gets. All the signs are there and anyone whom thinks big daddy government will save the day, is in for a VERY rude awakening.
Posts like this will be ignored,it is uncomfortable for the majority to think about the very real possibility of such happenings...

"This is America,things like that don't happen to us"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostInTheShell View Post
What, you mean spending didn't save them?
It seems the new way to get out of the hole dug by spending too much is to spend more....

Just spend it 'better'.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:20 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,281,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
It seems the new way to get out of the hole dug by spending too much is to spend more....

Just spend it 'better'.
Just like getting rid of obesity is to eat lots of food SMARTER.
...or...
To get rid of your heroin addiction, just inject yourself only when you absolutely need it.

Good thinkin' !!!

Old 01-27-2009, 08:24 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,151,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Personally, I think it's going to take the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor again to get us out of this mess.
Who's with me?! AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRR

Old 01-27-2009, 08:26 AM

18,358 posts, read 26,493,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Personally, I think it's going to take the Germans bombing Pearl Harbor again to get us out of this mess.
Germans? It was the Japanese. But the Germans are closer this time, their airforce trains in New Mexico (and elsewhere in the U.S.)...

This go around there will be total collapse, and I figure, it will be used as an excuse by the PTB's to foist something on us to further enslave us, like a NAU, or worse. I would prefer to see the U.S. break up.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:34 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,392,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Obama is the next FDR, best news I've heard! Maybe someday you guys will find your next Lincoln!
The only reason we got out of the depression was a world war.The economy didn't recouperate to around 1943.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:50 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
I'm still waiting for one of those financial experts to tell a person who calls in to their show...

Caller: "I have $2000 house payment, $50,000 in credit card debt and $20,000 car payment"

Orman: "Okay you need to go get another credit card with twice as much of a limit as the other one. Then you need to go spend it all on school, maintenance for your car, infrastructure for the home and schooling so you can setup yourself up nicely for the future. Find a husband that thinks you are a sugar mama (politician). Then pass your bills off when you die to your kids."

Old 01-27-2009, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
I'm still waiting for one of those financial experts to tell a person who calls in to their show...

Caller: "I have $2000 house payment, $50,000 in credit card debt and $20,000 car payment"

Orman: "Okay you need to go get another credit card with twice as much of a limit as the other one. Then you need to go spend it all on school, maintenance for your car, infrastructure for the home and schooling so you can setup yourself up nicely for the future. Find a husband that thinks you are a sugar mama (politician). Then pass your bills off when you die to your kids."

It is kind of funny that the advice for a PERSON in debt is to get out of debt,cut back spending,and be frugal.

When it is the government???

The exact opposite.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:02 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Interesting...people will deny it of course as everything is better now.

Bad news: we're back to 1931. Good news: it's not 1933 yet - Telegraph

Are you saying that the sky is falling?

//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...en-little.html

Old 01-27-2009, 11:12 AM

Well of course it is...difference is Obama is proposing we borrow more money to solve our debt problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies