Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2009, 04:10 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,647,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
I don't really care, I'm not going to force someone (or society as a whole) to behave a certain way by enacting some kind of laws to force that behavior. If people are crappy parents it's on them, I'll care when it's my kid.

Sex is part of society and it's a part of human nature, you can't just deny that it exists.

It's not like the opposite (like say a culture like Saudi Arabia with regards to women) is great.

That's freedom baby.
But where people mess up is they don't see that there is a middle ground. We are a nation of extremes, it's either all the way one way or all the way the other way. We could meet in the middle, tone down primetime TV's never ending menu of sex and drug loving teens and maybe encourage our kids to gain self esteem through their accomplishments and not their looks and sex appeal. Sex has never really been repressed. Public sexual expression on the other hand should be. I mean, I am all for free love but I don't want my children to suddenly come across someone making love in the street. There is a middle ground that would make things better for everyone. But then again, big corporations and Hollywood have never profitted off of moderation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 04:17 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
If you're "kind of done" with me, then just be done with me.

And while your at it, why don't you start offering some suggestions as to how we can quit turning girls into "Watch me dress up like a *****!" sex objects.

As hard as it is, this DOES have something to do with teenage pregnancy and/or abortion. I'm surprised how you can continue to fail to make the connection.
What does this thread have to do with abortion? It has to do with birth control. Unless these are the same thing in your mind.

Why would I offer solutions to turn girls into sex objects?

You seem to have an incredibly warped view of people's values, otherwise I have no idea where that came from.

I'm saying that I don't really care what people do as long as I'm not effected. If they want to be sex objects, then let them. I'm not placing any morality on their choice as long as I'm not impacted. If these idiots get pregnant or contract STDs the probability of me being impacted by their choice goes up greatly, thus prevention is extremely important. I'm not going to leave people in the dark from education in order to force people to hide their sexuality as you seem to be in favor of.

If you think people wearing school uniforms will prevent them from wanting to **** you are either naive or out of touch.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:19 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
What does this thread have to do with abortion? It has to do with birth control. Unless these are the same thing in your mind.

Why would I offer solutions to turn girls into sex objects?

You seem to have an incredibly warped view of people's values, otherwise I have no idea where that came from.

I'm saying that I don't really care what people do as long as I'm not effected. If they want to be sex objects, then let them. I'm not placing any morality on their choice as long as I'm not impacted. If these idiots get pregnant or contract STDs the probability of me being impacted by their choice goes up greatly, thus prevention is extremely important. I'm not going to leave people in the dark from education in order to force people to hide their sexuality as you seem to be in favor of.

If you think people wearing school uniforms will prevent them from wanting to **** you are either naive or out of touch.
You're obviously a young girl who just doesn't "get it".

Old 01-26-2009, 04:20 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,474,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
But where people mess up is they don't see that there is a middle ground. We are a nation of extremes, it's either all the way one way or all the way the other way. We could meet in the middle, tone down primetime TV's never ending menu of sex and drug loving teens and maybe encourage our kids to gain self esteem through their accomplishments and not their looks and sex appeal. Sex has never really been repressed. Public sexual expression on the other hand should be. I mean, I am all for free love but I don't want my children to suddenly come across someone making love in the street. There is a middle ground that would make things better for everyone. But then again, big corporations and Hollywood have never profitted off of moderation.
I understand that, but that comes from parents. It's not really something you can push via legislation, unless you want to restrict certain freedoms.

Old 01-26-2009, 04:40 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,632,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
If you're "kind of done" with me, then just be done with me.

And while your at it, why don't you start offering some suggestions as to how we can quit turning girls into "Watch me dress up like a *****!" sex objects.

As hard as it is, this DOES have something to do with teenage pregnancy and/or abortion. I'm surprised how you can continue to fail to make the connection.

Most of the girls that got pregnant at MY high school were the goody goody Christian girls who grew up in religious households. Didn't dress slutty, went to school every day, church 2 or more times per week etc.

My best friend dressed like a ho in high school, she liked the attention... she didn't lose her virginity until she was 19.

What about that? What about all the 'good girls' who wear long skirts and button up shirts getting pregnant?

Old 01-26-2009, 06:07 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,418,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Europe and the US's birth rates have fallen off the map. Most European countries will lose HALF their native populations within my lifetime.

I think abortion and birth control should be heavily taxed to get out birth rate back above replacement level
every country that has dropped below 1.5 in their birthrate has not survived.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:11 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetJockey View Post
Most of the girls that got pregnant at MY high school were the goody goody Christian girls who grew up in religious households. Didn't dress slutty, went to school every day, church 2 or more times per week etc.

My best friend dressed like a ho in high school, she liked the attention... she didn't lose her virginity until she was 19.

What about that? What about all the 'good girls' who wear long skirts and button up shirts getting pregnant?
They're stupid. And that's yet another problem.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:26 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,664,680 times
How about this situation, people. Suppose you are married, have a couple of kids, and have gotten laid off, or are in imminent danger of losing your job.

Do you seriously think NOT using BC and having another baby would be a very responsible think to do???? Your are having trouble feeding the ones you already have in this economic climate. Why bring MORE children into an already bad situation. Stop having sex until you find a job and get back on your feet? Absurd. When a married couple is going through something very depressing like this in their lives, they need the warmth, closeness, and comfort of each other.

I really don't think Pelosi was talking about TEENAGERS when she said this, but FAMILIES.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:30 PM

898 posts, read 1,402,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
every country that has dropped below 1.5 in their birthrate has not survived.
I think I can remember from Geography class, that the magic number is 2.2. That is the birth rate required to maintain the population.

Old 01-26-2009, 06:45 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,418,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
How about this situation, people. Suppose you are married, have a couple of kids, and have gotten laid off, or are in imminent danger of losing your job.

Do you seriously think NOT using BC and having another baby would be a very responsible think to do???? Your are having trouble feeding the ones you already have in this economic climate. Why bring MORE children into an already bad situation. Stop having sex until you find a job and get back on your feet? Absurd. When a married couple is going through something very depressing like this in their lives, they need the warmth, closeness, and comfort of each other.

I really don't think Pelosi was talking about TEENAGERS when she said this, but FAMILIES.
there is a very simple solution to this, instead of using billions of tax payers dollars to make sure people have protection. Send them to planned parent hood, where they have all the free condoms you can squeeze in your pocket.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies