Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 11:41 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,660,723 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plovedupont View Post
No I do NOT think a teenager should be able to go and get themselves on the pill without the parents knowledge
Ok, so then they can just get pregnant without their parents knowledge. Just Peachy.

(psst - a teenager CAN get the pill right now without their parents permission)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 11:43 AM

2,223 posts, read 2,219,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
A lot of those people are not working and paying taxes.
That's because Welfare is too lucrative. They're being paid to be lazy, irresponsible and unproductive. Oh yeah - and off having unprotected sex resulting in unwanted pregnancies.

Welcome to the wonderful world of social liberalism.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:45 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
This, of course, is YET ANOTHER example of a Democrat saying, "Do as I SAY, not as I DO."

Pelosi has 5 kids. She should probably shut her pie hole about having small families.
That's not the issue , the issue is her pocket book, families don't have a lot to sent to politians......world front group do........foriegn governments do.....we need to send her home , isn't she related to Janet Reno who used brute force, murder and total disreguard for our founfing documents........seeds like the same old Kool AID , just a different flavor. Google Jim JonesThe Peoples's Temple........now that was a great proponent of family planning......and a known Commie.So Jim Jones,Ruby Ridge,OAKLAHOMA,WACO,911, NOW POLOSI........WE NEED TO SEE WHO'S SERVING THE KOOL AID

Old 01-26-2009, 11:46 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,458,172 times
Don't stop there

Old 01-26-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
That's because Welfare is too lucrative. They're being paid to be lazy, irresponsible and unproductive. Oh yeah - and off having unprotected sex resulting in unwanted pregnancies.

Welcome to the wonderful world of social liberalism.
OK, then by your reasoning, wouldn't it be better to offer people in that situation better access to birth control?

Old 01-26-2009, 11:47 AM

Quote:
OK, then by your reasoning, wouldn't it be better to offer people in that situation better access to birth control?
Sure. Absolutely.

And while we're at it, let's cut off the Welfare (and associated programs) checks that allow them to sit on their lazy butts instead of simply going out and getting jobs.

"Dear _________;

Effective immediately, you will be receiving a box of birth control pills instead of a food stamps card and welfare check.

Please use the birth control pill wisely. We do hope they taste good.

And please go get a job and start paying taxes, instead of using taxes.

Thank you!
The Federal Government"

Old 01-26-2009, 11:49 AM

2,430 posts, read 2,767,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I completely agree.
YEAH AND what about history lessons , and econ lessons ,whoops.......were getting one.........need more drugs call the soon to be
x gov of ILLInois.Thats about 7 impeached gov's. Good job ILLINOIS.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Sure. Absolutely.

And while we're at it, let's cut off the Welfare (and associated programs) checks that allow them to sit on their lazy butts instead of simply going out and getting jobs.
OK, so you agree with Pelosi on the birth control issue then.

I agree the Welfare system needs an overhaul, but I don't think cutting off aid to children is going to help, unless you want the crime rate to skyrocket.

Old 01-26-2009, 11:52 AM

419 posts, read 602,784 times
Quote:
Ok, so then they can just get pregnant without their parents knowledge. Just Peachy.

(psst - a teenager CAN get the pill right now without their parents permission)
What happen to not having sex? I know its unrealistic now but do you really think teenagers should be taking pills without their parents knowledge. heck lets just allow them to become adults and make all their own choices. So parents are not longer responsible. Since teenagers have enough wisdom to make their own

Old 01-26-2009, 11:52 AM

Quote:
OK, so you agree with Pelosi on the birth control issue then.

I agree the Welfare system needs an overhaul, but I don't think cutting off aid to children is going to help, unless you want the crime rate to skyrocket.
I think Pelosi ought to have heeded her own advice before she started pushing her "Do as I say, not as I do" agenda.

And no, totally changing the welfare system is NOT going to cause crime to skyrocket. Crime is NOT about race and/or poverty. It's about fatherless children and bad choices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies