Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 09:10 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,229,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmut
49 democrats, 49 republicans, 2 independents,
make the case point.
the economy is also a global problem.
pinning blame on republicans, or democrats?
sounds like you're blaming demmies.
was it not a bush appointee who cried we need 750 billion to bailout wall st and banks, and no accountabilty.
what about the big corporations who outsourced american jobs, that didn't contribute to the problem either?
there are many reasons our economy is in shambles, and other countires as well, and
you'd like to pin the blame on demmies, how shameful you really are. and how shallow minded to boot.
I can appreciate your sentiment but find it necessary to make it perfectly clear. Congress is a constitutional body of which there are demmies and pubies, I guess you might call them.

I place the blame on Congress, the constitutional body. You needn't misinterpret the meaning of that. And that Congress to which I refer would be the constitutional body as has been in service for at least the last forty years. You can pick and choose your own guilty parties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 09:21 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,041,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Deism is not atheism. The founders didn't want a state religion but the secular/atheist society we have today where no mention of religion is appropriate, atheist and secular humanists control the schools, and traditional biblical morals are considered taboo is the farthest thing from what our founders had in mind.
Deism was not Christianity either. Rather, the founding fathers (or, at least, a good number of them), thought that organized religion was idiotic.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:29 AM

410 posts, read 1,107,439 times
Quote:
Deism is not atheism. The founders didn't want a state religion but the secular/atheist society we have today where no mention of religion is appropriate, atheist and secular humanists control the schools, and traditional biblical morals are considered taboo is the farthest thing from what our founders had in mind.
So true. I think a major failing of their endeavor was that they didn't foresee that in 200 years, so many people would actually be God-LESS.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:41 AM

410 posts, read 1,107,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
And whenever I ask funadmentalist christians about this, I never get a solid answer, it's always something like "well, we were once a christian nation...." There are no quotes, there are no documents...just "well...we were a christian nation...."
What is meant by "we were once a Christian nation" is that we were once a nation that was guided by Christian morality. Which, IMO, was better than the nation we live in now which is guided buy NO morality.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonerguy View Post
What is meant by "we were once a Christian nation" is that we were once a nation that was guided by Christian morality. Which, IMO, was better than the nation we live in now which is guided buy NO morality.

I see little problem with the morals of today. Other than the fact that homosexual marriage is still illegal in most states.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:50 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,323,806 times
Thanks for being so worldly and giving me choices.
The people I blame for the economic collapse isn't god, or jesus, or congress.
I think the true reason of our economic collapse lies in the banking system/mortgage lenders who lowered the bar thereby allowing home ownership to people who could not afford them in the first place, plus, the fact that big businesses have been giving american manufacturing jobs to other nations, thereby cutting our throats, putting americans out of work, and this has been going on for a very long time. the other reason is because americans must have been on some sort of credit high, buying and buying on credit, and maxxing out, and then become unable to pay their credit card payments. in other words, not living within their means.
lack of jesus, god, congress not doing thier jobs, and religion have absolutely nothing to do with economics. as the op suggests. now, what people have done in the past to get us here to this point, some may say it was immorality, I say it was unethical.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB View Post
I can appreciate your sentiment but find it necessary to make it perfectly clear. Congress is a constitutional body of which there are demmies and pubies, I guess you might call them.

I place the blame on Congress, the constitutional body. You needn't misinterpret the meaning of that. And that Congress to which I refer would be the constitutional body as has been in service for at least the last forty years. You can pick and choose your own guilty parties.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:16 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,235,972 times
Quote:
This country that was founded on Christianity and was subsequently blessed has made God her sworn enemy. Here is a short list.

-Most people under 30 no longer believe in God
-we throw millions of innocent babies per year into a meat grinder - Hitler has nothing on that
-The sin of Sodom is promoted as a holy and righteous thing and traditional family values are frowned upon
-we teach our children that we are nothing more than animals here only by chance and wonder why they act like it
-churches are more interested in either money or conforming to our MTV culture than spreading the gospel of Christ
-God's remainig elect are scorned and mocked in this country

Listen up America, since the 1960s you have wanted a country with no God, and without moral accountability, yet you expect God to continue to bless this satanic nation. Now you have what you always wanted, and this is just the beginning. Enjoy!
I think we have become Potters Ville.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:22 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,092 times
I suggest the OP start praying to his god for a time machine.

Listen up America, since the 1960s you have wanted a country with no God, and without moral accountability, yet you expect God to continue to bless this satanic nation. Now you have what you always wanted, and this is just the beginning. Enjoy!

I think the OP is in his late twenties or early thirties, which makes his above sentence hear-say.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I suggest the OP start praying to his god for a time machine.

I think the OP is in his late twenties or early thirties, which makes his above sentence hear-say.

I've never asked my God to bless this nation. He personally doesn't care either way anyways.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:30 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,619,505 times
Quote:

Mention of religion is fine. In fact, in my high school they had a program called 'meet at the pole', where once a week all the Christians would get together at a pole and pray together before school. Nobody gave a crap, to be honest, that they were praying. It was at school, in the courtyard across the street from our old City Hall building. Now, if it was MANDATORY that would be a problem. I never said the pledge of allegience in High School, elementary school or junior high because of the phrase 'Under god' because that was my choice. Everyone should have that choice. You can pray silently before a test, or pray in your car while you're driving, or pray on a bench while waiting for a bus. Hell, you can do it out loud, most people don't care. Just don't make me do it. Don't make me feel bad or make ME leave the room while you're praying.

Traditional 'biblical' morals are not considered taboo, since there are many people fighting tooth and nail to get them enacted as laws. I have great morals as I try not to kill, or harm (I'm working on the vegetarianism/vegan thing, but it takes time) I do unto others as I would like others to do unto me and I support peoples choices to do what they want, as long as they aren't consciously inflicting pain or suffering on others. Simple. Maybe the bible and your imagined sky daddy are just....outdated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies