Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 09:10 PM

2,600 posts, read 2,323,218 times

Advertisements

I don't think any amount of praying or bible thumping can save this economy, it appears as if it is snowballing into a larger mess. if something isn't done about it, we might in the near future be witness to disorder, much more crime, much more homeless and much more hungry beggars. recession my as*, it'll be possibly the worst depression ever. and, I don't care what you do either. I'm in control of my own destiny, presently.
Quote:
Originally Posted by actonbell View Post
When ever I write something like this I am always mistaken for someone who gives a crap. Trust, I really don't care what you do. I find it more interesting that you don't. I may be living in this world, but I am not of this world, so help me Jesus. I can not help some one who is angered even at the mention of another opportunity. So I'm just like, screw that notion.

If you wish to pray to some one, you might try praying to the economical god. Maybe he will hear you and absorb our responsibility in the creation of a huge mess.

I even went as far as to start a thread topic on, tell me what we as individuals are doing to help this nation, funny the thread died. Shows to me there isn't anything much being done in the proactive phase, not being mentioned here any way.

So there you go and by the way I'm proud that we are drifting away from this country being founded on Christian moral, ethics and values, but given credit to something other than that which may be considered good and of great value.

It explains allot upon the development of the disasters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 09:15 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Replace everything "Christian" with "Islam", and this might pass as a Talibani rhetoric.
Not a logical argument since Muslims kill those who refuse to practice their religion. We simply invite you to come and hope that you find Christ. See how that's different?

Old 01-26-2009, 09:15 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
This country that was founded on Christianity and was subsequently blessed has made God her sworn enemy. Here is a short list.

-Most people under 30 no longer believe in God
-we throw millions of innocent babies per year into a meat grinder - Hitler has nothing on that
-The sin of Sodom is promoted as a holy and righteous thing and traditional family values are frowned upon
-we teach our children that we are nothing more than animals here only by chance and wonder why they act like it
-churches are more interested in either money or conforming to our MTV culture than spreading the gospel of Christ
-God's remainig elect are scorned and mocked in this country

Listen up America, since the 1960s you have wanted a country with no God, and without moral accountability, yet you expect God to continue to bless this satanic nation. Now you have what you always wanted, and this is just the beginning. Enjoy!
Amen!

Old 01-26-2009, 09:16 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
This country that was founded on Christianity and was subsequently blessed has made God her sworn enemy. Here is a short list.

-Most people under 30 no longer believe in God
-we throw millions of innocent babies per year into a meat grinder - Hitler has nothing on that
-The sin of Sodom is promoted as a holy and righteous thing and traditional family values are frowned upon
-we teach our children that we are nothing more than animals here only by chance and wonder why they act like it
-churches are more interested in either money or conforming to our MTV culture than spreading the gospel of Christ
-God's remainig elect are scorned and mocked in this country

Listen up America, since the 1960s you have wanted a country with no God, and without moral accountability, yet you expect God to continue to bless this satanic nation. Now you have what you always wanted, and this is just the beginning. Enjoy!
Yes, I agree. We need a leader who will purge the enemies from this country. We must eliminate the homosexuals, the atheists, the communist jews...

oh wait, someone beat you to this idea.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:22 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,586,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillysB
Surely you haven't missed SpeakerLady Nancy Pelosi's rhetoric. One needn't add more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by highdesertmutz View Post
49 democrats, 49 republicans, 2 independents,
make the case point.
the economy is also a global problem.
pinning blame on republicans, or democrats? sounds like you're blaming demmies.
was it not a bush appointee who cried we need 750 billion to bailout wall st and banks, and no accountabilty.
what about the big corporations who outsourced american jobs, that didn't contribute to the problem either?
there are many reasons our economy is in shambles, and other countires as well, and you'd like to pin the blame on demmies, how shameful you really are. and how shallow minded to boot.
I've been noticing on the posts where people can add more than one quoted post to their responses. I'm do not know how that is done so I hope I did it right above.

I heard the other day on the Shawn Hannity show, (knew to me to listen to and it's interesting enough) Hannity said, the democrats (or Obama), "every one should own a home". And I thought, Hannity, that's a Bush statement. And that is right up there with lazy Americans.

I look at all like gossip, in that no one knows what or who said what as it changes from mouth to mouth, year to year, administration to administration. Then there is the saying, believe in none of what you read and only half of what you hear. So I go with that, but...

Got to know, isn't the creation of this bail out money the same as counterfeiting. And yes it did start with Bush and it's just recent so it is amazing how soon it is forgotten what is what.

But the printing of money without financial backing I'm thinking is the equivalence to counterfeit money and will do the same to our economy.

If I am wrong please educate me, because where I look at it, who in the world would possibly give us a line of credit for a loan. They're all broke too.

counterfeiting weakens an economy. (so does allot of other things, but there's a start)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
yes! me! I did it! oh wait... I'm liberal, yet straight, married, have no kids out of wedlock, a Christian, and have no piles of dead babies... Oh, I also have a 30 year fixed mortgage, so that part isn't my fault... You are a real piece of work!

So as a Christian, How did you vote?

I don't vote for any candidate who supports abortion. I see no difference between voting for a pro-abortion candidate and performing an abortion. Both are equally wrong.

31,767 posts, read 28,804,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Not a logical argument since Muslims kill those who refuse to practice their religion. We simply invite you to come and hope that you find Christ. See how that's different?
Tells me how little you know about religions, and the history around them. Having said that, today's Christians... the ones that shout the most, couldn't be farther from Christ.

Old 01-26-2009, 09:25 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,844,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Tells me how little you know about religions, and the history around them. Having said that, today's Christians... the ones that shout the most, couldn't be farther from Christ.
Lets not forget jesus shuned those who were self righteous! He perfered leopars and prostitutes as company!

Old 01-26-2009, 09:29 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,586,979 times
Quote:
I don't think any amount of praying or bible thumping can save this economy, it appears as if it is snowballing into a larger mess. if something isn't done about it, we might in the near future be witness to disorder, much more crime, much more homeless and much more hungry beggars. recession my as*, it'll be possibly the worst depression ever. and, I don't care what you do either. I'm in control of my own destiny, presently.
You wouldn't pray even if it would help. Stop worrying about bible thumpers, who are they hurting anyway. What, did God worship cause this disaster? If so how?

Old 01-26-2009, 09:30 PM

Quote:
What's a babbie? that couldn't be a blithering babbling boobling republican, could it?

Who made history twice on Jan 20th?

Give up?

Why it was Obama. He is the first Halfrican-American to be sworn in as President and the first President to so badly blither babble and booble the Oath of Office that it had to be administered a second time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies