Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 07:57 PM

17 posts, read 53,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
For an entertainer, 30 million listeners a week is pretty good.

Unlike Air America, which has about 50.
How could that be? I thought the media was left wing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 08:03 PM

37,217 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyn1 View Post
You actually have a job! You're a lot better off than a lot of people in this country already.
Not A job.

I am an estimator and production manager for a business here, in addition to which I hold a real estate license and an auctioneer's license.

I do a lot of charity work as an auctioneer for groups such as the Riverbanks Zoo in Columbia, a couple of pet rescue groups, breast cancer, and the local food bank. I probably do eight or ten a year.

I have had a formal job of one sort or another since I was 13, and I'll be 57 this coming Valentines Day.

Welcome to the board, BTW. Sit deep and post often.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:10 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyn1 View Post
Yes, the oppressors, the liberal media...according to Fox, that spunky little guerrilla news channel, #1 in the US.

I love that Fox/Rush fans can swallow that apparently pleasant fantasy without feeling a jolt - that they're always oppressed, always victims... it works for televangelists too. Play that fear, play that rage - ka-ching!

Old 01-26-2009, 08:30 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,850,710 times
Quote:
SO STOP CRITICISING RUSH FOR HIS NON EXISTANT (he was at one time fat) WEIGHT PROBLEM. He is probably in better shape than most of you.
Have you SEEN the guy lately? I know the camera adds "10 pounds" but he is FAT. BTW, I'm 60 years old and weigh what I weighed when I got out of boot camp at 18, 185# on a 6' 1" frame.

Not only FAT, but a LIAR. Constantly playing "abridged" tapes to make his LYING point. Kind of like his clones O'Reilly and Hannity. If he's so RIGHT all the time why does he edit his enemies tapes.

Trust me, Obama says nothing by accident. He knew it would get big play. This is a black man that got elected in a racist country, with the most POPULAR "News" network spending 1/2 their time campaigning against him. When Obama is stomping Boehner and McConnnells d**ks in the the dirt, he can remind them, "I told you to quit letting fat man lead you around".

golfgod

Old 01-26-2009, 08:32 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
Have you SEEN the guy lately? I know the camera adds "10 pounds" but he is FAT. BTW, I'm 60 years old and weigh what I weighed when I got out of boot camp at 18, 185# on a 6' 1" frame.

Not only FAT, but a LIAR. Constantly playing "abridged" tapes to make his LYING point. Kind of like his clones O'Reilly and Hannity. If he's so RIGHT all the time why does he edit his enemies tapes.

Trust me, Obama says nothing by accident. He knew it would get big play. This is a black man that got elected in a racist country, with the most POPULAR "News" network spending 1/2 their time campaigning against him. When Obama is stomping Boehner and McConnnells d**ks in the the dirt, he can remind them, "I told you to quit letting fat man lead you around".

golfgod
I continue to find it odd how much you people - who claim you loathe him - know about him.

Then there are those of us - those YOU people claim are Limbaugh's sheep - who don't listen to him, don't know what he looks like, and don't even pay attention. But WE'RE the ones who follow everything Limbaugh says and does?

It's really weird, actually.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:53 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
This little tit-for-tat thing between Limbaugh and Obama is working PERFECTLY for Limbaugh. It's giving him a HUGE amount of free airtime.
And his airtime and miscues and blatant hatred helped give Obama the election. Thus that is a fair exchange and Obama probably figures if it worked before it will work again in 2012. Rush has a solid fan base but not enough to win with. Thus he becomes the Anti Victory. He should be congratulated as he has really been influencing elections the correct way since 2006. Notice I said correct and not right.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:54 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filet Mignon View Post
I continue to find it odd how much you people - who claim you loathe him - know about him.

Then there are those of us - those YOU people claim are Limbaugh's sheep - who don't listen to him, don't know what he looks like, and don't even pay attention. But WE'RE the ones who follow everything Limbaugh says and does?

It's really weird, actually.
Just like Sarah Palin, we follow her and want to help her stay in the public eye. If it worked before hopefully it will work again. Palin in 2010.

Old 01-26-2009, 08:57 PM

2,223 posts, read 2,220,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
And his airtime and miscues and blatant hatred helped give Obama the election. Thus that is a fair exchange and Obama probably figures if it worked before it will work again in 2012. Rush has a solid fan base but not enough to win with. Thus he becomes the Anti Victory. He should be congratulated as he has really been influencing elections the correct way since 2006. Notice I said correct and not right.
Having Obama in the White House is actually GREAT for Limbaugh! This gives him unlimited material to rant about for the next 4 years.

And if Obama is dumb enough to take another little pot shot at Limbaugh, it'll create even MORE attention for the radio blow-hard.

How do you figure that this is BAD for Limbaugh?

Old 01-26-2009, 09:08 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
All but talk radio.

What a whiner obama is. Did bush ever attack a private citizen, like mathews or olberman because he didn't like their vile hyperbole?

Old 01-26-2009, 09:11 PM

30,902 posts, read 33,008,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Did bush ever attack a private citizen, like mathews or olberman because he didn't like their vile hyperbole?
How could he? He knew they were right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies