Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:55 PM

12 posts, read 6,919 times

Advertisements

Quote:
On Saturday morning, the list of subpoenas served by the U.S. Attorney's office in the Governor Rod Blagojevich case was made public. The list included one major surprise for the new administration.

A veritable "who's who" of Obama staffers, surrogates and affiliates were among those whose communications with Blago were served with subpoenas. Put simply, within one week of President Barack Obama's administration taking office, it is already under significant legal scrutiny that will -- at a minimum -- take precious time away from dealing with the country's monumental economic and foreign policy challenges.

Continue...
http://directorblue.blogspot.com/200...fifth-day.html
Obama's presidency has a high probability of being one of the most corrupt in American history. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong, but here are the signs.

First: Liberals in power have a different standard of morality that puts normal cause and effect in reverse. Most people believe that their actions are more important than their stated beliefs. If I stole your property but I wanted the poor to have a better life, most people would still call me a thief...

Second: Modern liberalism also holds that "public service" in defense of whomever has been defined as needing the state's support this hour is so important that normal rules, tradition, and even laws can be ignored...

Third: President Obama experienced his political origins, maturity and success through one of the most corrupt political systems in America...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 11:18 PM

13,186 posts, read 14,972,499 times
[yawn..............]

Old 01-27-2009, 10:39 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
Please, after the Bush administration.... no one in our lifetime can be worse than Bush.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:44 AM

172 posts, read 278,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PradoM View Post
Obama's presidency has a high probability of being one of the most corrupt in American history. I sincerely hope that I'm wrong, but here are the signs.

First: Liberals in power have a different standard of morality that puts normal cause and effect in reverse. Most people believe that their actions are more important than their stated beliefs. If I stole your property but I wanted the poor to have a better life, most people would still call me a thief...

Second: Modern liberalism also holds that "public service" in defense of whomever has been defined as needing the state's support this hour is so important that normal rules, tradition, and even laws can be ignored...

Third: President Obama experienced his political origins, maturity and success through one of the most corrupt political systems in America...

I won't completely disagree or agree with anything you've posted but I will say this. All politicians are corrupt to a point, so to say that Baracks Cabinet is anymore corrupt than lets say.... Richard Nixon's was (just an example mind you) would just be opinion based.

Here's a fact or two that can be backed up with solid proof. We had a Christian President who took an oath by swearing on the Holy Bible about inappropriate relation's with a certain intern and blatantly lyed, and committed adultry. We have a current President who claims to be a Christian but his actions in regards to many moral Christian beliefs prove otherwise.

Why is morality important to a person who controls the country? Because with out morals you have no ethics and without ethics integrity is missing and without these important character traits we have leaders purporting unethical programs which ultimately make us weaker, not stronger as a Republic. I would never make a blanket statement saying that all Republican's are ethical moral leaders because that would be false, just as it's false to say the same about Democratic leaders. Parties aside, it depends on the person running. A strong leader can fundamentally agree with the ideals of the party they represent and still provide us with moral, ethical leadership. With all that being said I find it difficult to find a Democratic President to use as an example of moral decision making....

Old 01-27-2009, 10:46 AM

172 posts, read 278,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Please, after the Bush administration.... no one in our lifetime can be worse than Bush.
In what way? Please provide fact based details.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:50 AM

2,488 posts, read 2,931,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mo's View Post
Going to war on false pretenses is just enough for me, but there is a whole long list of other things.

It won't really matter to get into those things again. Christains don't see anything wrong with going to war to kill people when there is not enough evidence to validate it.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:51 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mo's View Post
If you have been asleep for eight years, you have alot of catching up to do. I'd start by going over to the NYT site and reading all of Maureen Dowd's back columns.

In the meantime, I heard this morning that Obama has never even been to Chicago, and KKKarl Rove said today that if President Obama would call off Mr. Conyers, he would be happy to prove it.

Old 01-27-2009, 10:54 AM

1,843 posts, read 2,369,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PradoM View Post

So these folks were called to testify to the Blagojevich grand jury and you and the incontinent blogger conclude that means there's something wrong with them? And Obama? There'll be all kinds of Federal Agents testifying also. Should they be fired? Sounds like you need a course in basic Civics.

Old 01-27-2009, 11:06 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post
Going to war on false pretenses is just enough for me, but there is a whole long list of other things.

It won't really matter to get into those things again. Christains don't see anything wrong with going to war to kill people when there is not enough evidence to validate it.
No political pressure....

Old 01-27-2009, 11:08 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,450,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awesomo.2000 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If you have been asleep for eight years, you have alot of catching up to do. I'd start by going over to the NYT site and reading all of Maureen Dowd's back columns.

In the meantime, I heard this morning that Obama has never even been to Chicago, and KKKarl Rove said today that if President Obama would call off Mr. Conyers, he would be happy to prove it.
Yeah.... go to a failed company for your documentation....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies