Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:17 PM

862 posts, read 2,621,615 times

Advertisements

The truth about Hamas:

YouTube - Hamas In Their Own Voices
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 07:20 PM

Hey Fishy -

Please show me PROOF that prior to May 14, 1948 that a country named Palestine existed, a Palestinian constitution, a Palestinian currency, a Palestinian president or prime minister existed.

If you CANNOT provide credible proof (not some Hamas-Palestinian propaganda)of the above, you need to remove yourself off of this thread because you are a propagandist and a liar.

Last edited by LBear; 01-27-2009 at 07:29 PM..

Old 01-27-2009, 07:25 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
First, there was NO such thing as "Palestinians". Israel never occupied a Palestinian country since no such country ever existed.

Popular confusion notwithstanding, prior to Israel's rebirth on May 14, 1948 no country named Palestine existed, there was no Palestinian constitution, no Palestinian currency, no Palestinian president nor prime minister, and there were no borders of any supposed Palestinian state.

Stop your propaganda.
(i dont think you know what propaganda is)

im not debating the creation of israel. im debating the constant growth of israel and stealing land after the rebirth in '48

obviously israel is going to exist, i have no problem with that. i just think it should stick to its original border of '48

Old 01-27-2009, 07:30 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,598,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LBear View Post
Hey Fishy -

Please show me PROOF that prior to May 14, 1948 that a country named Palestine existed, a Palestinian constitution, a Palestinian currency, a Palestinian president or prime minister existed.

If you CANNOT provide credible proof of the above, you need to remove yourself off of this thread because you are a propagandist and a liar.
first please do point out where i said it did exist, and then point out where i said israel doesnt have the right to exist

if you cant provide these quotes, YOU should leave the thread

Old 01-27-2009, 07:56 PM

312 posts, read 507,278 times
so basically, this will be a decision for you guys: who do you hate more? that's who you'll not belive. you tube is full of real or fake videos. (mostely fake) so its very hard to believe either side unless you go there.
so if anyone is interested in this dumb conflict, go there.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:18 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
Fortunately, my parents live in the West Bank which is relatively stable. It's a pain to get in and out of, but people are living there in relative peace. Fatah, while corrupt, isn't currently engaging in any bombings, but people want peace. Nearly everyone if given the choice will choose peace over war. These are people with families just like yours and mine. There is no way that a mother in Palestine loves her children less than you or me, and it isn't any easier when their children die than ours. It makes me sad just to think of what is going on and it could easily stop if we (the US) would treat the Palestinians fairly and quit giving Israel the green light to commit crimes.
Mothers may want peace, but politicians often do not. The question for the Palestinian people will be can they take the long view and suceed? Or are they wedded to a game of militaristic tit for tat with Israel --- a game they can never win?
Because even if the US will stop supporting Israel in its actions, Israel has proven itself to be a nation that really doesn't care what the world thinks of them. They will not be guilted out of whatever action they deem necessary. We could put diplomatic embargos on them, and still they will come back at any threat - real or perceived - with 100% strength.
In the end, the future of the Palestinians really does lie within their hands. Instead of asking for donations to arm themselves, I wonder if other muslim countries will supply them with books? Education and diplomacy is really their only way out, the only way to regain lost territory.

I'm glad your parents are safe, and I do hope they remain that way, btw.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:21 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,639,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
so israel didnt start the oppression of the palestinians until hamas was voted in?
So Hamas hasn't realized that Israel will always come back tenfold whenever attacked?

Palestine is dealing with a known quantity. Agree with it or not, the reality is that Israel is never going to be weak when it comes to defense. If Palestine continues to lob rockets I can't understand why they are bewildered at Israels response.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:33 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,278,203 times
Quote:
hmm

Iran to launch legal action against Israel over Gaza

"Iran will host an international meeting to review the legal aspects of the Gaza war in preparation for the prosecution of war criminals," Dorri Najaf Abadi said, adding that "the meeting would be held in March."

Iran to launch legal action against Israel over Gaza_English_Xinhua (http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-01/26/content_10723028.htm - broken link)
Well, of course. Iran funds Hamas, so that they will continue to attack Israel, so that when Israel fights back, Iran can charge Israel with "war crimes." Very clever, those Iranians.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:51 PM

Quote:
first please do point out where i said it did exist, and then point out where i said israel doesnt have the right to exist
Your propaganda map you posted in POST#15. Go back and look, you liar.

You posted a farce map in an attempt to trick people into believing that there was such a thing as the so-called "Palestinian" country prior to 1948. Prior to May 14, 1948 the land was a barren wasteland with nomads roaming around on camels.

A country named Palestine NEVER existed, a Palestinian state NEVER existed, a Palestinian constitution NEVER EXISTED, a Palestinian currency and flag NEVER EXISTED, a Palestinian president or prime minister NEVER EXISTED.

FISHY, LISTEN UP, HERE IS A HISTORY LESSON. Time to clean out the propaganda between your ears:

In REALITY, the word "Palestine" is a derivative of the word "Philistine". The Romans called the Jews "Palestinians" as a way of mocking them. The word "Philistine" was used to form the word "Palestine". The Romans were mocking the Jews by calling them by their enemies name, the Philistines. After the 1st century and the fall of Israel, the land become known as a generic term of "Palestine". There was NO country, government, peoples, state, etc. It was a barren wasteland with nomads roaming around.

How can one "steal" land that never belonged to anyone for over 1,900 years? As a matter of fact, Israel was the last REAL known country to exist in that area, until it was ransacked by the Roman Empire in the late 1st century.

Here are more of your lies.

Quote:
so youre acknowledging that israel stole palestinian land?
"stole"? The make believe and non-existent Palestinian country? You are a pathetic liar.

Quote:
israel keeps pushing its borders farther into palestinian land
news flash! There never was such a thing as the country of "Palestine".

Last edited by LBear; 01-27-2009 at 10:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies