Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 05:54 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
im sorry, i must have missed where the map said THE COUNTRY OF PALENSTINE. do you see it on there? are we looking at the same image???

dont mind me quoting wiki

"Palestine ... is a name which has been widely used since Roman times to refer to the region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River"

Wiki is not a reputable source.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 06:20 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:

"Palestine ... is a name which has been widely used since Roman times to refer to the region between the Mediterranean Sea and the Jordan River"
Well, there you go. According to that definition, Palestine is a region of land, not a country. Map #1 is meaningless as the green area was occupied by Arabs as well as Jews. There was no Israel yet.

Map #2 shows the UN Partition plan of 1947. On May 14, 1948, the state of Israel was declared in accordance with those boundaries. On the very next day on May 15, Israel was invaded by 5 Arab countries whose intent was to wipe Israel off the map. The result of that war, are depicted in your Map #3. That land was lost by the Arabs as a result of the war they started.

Now what do you suppose happened in 1967 which caused the Arabs to lose yet more land as shown in your Map #4? Yup, you guessed it. Once again, 3 Arab countries attacked Israel with the intent of wiping her off the map, and thus started the Six-Day War. Bye bye land.

See a pattern here? Every time the Arabs start a war with the intent of destroying Israel, they lose more land.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:06 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
See a pattern here? Every time the Arabs start a war with the intent of destroying Israel, they lose more land.
Hey, maybe the solution is for them not to start any more wars. Oh, wait...that's much too simple. I should've known better.

Old 01-28-2009, 07:18 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,818,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
Hey, maybe the solution is for them not to start any more wars. Oh, wait...that's much too simple. I should've known better.
I'll tell you, they're doing their damnedest to give up Gaza as well.

Old 01-28-2009, 08:09 PM

1,558 posts, read 2,597,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Wiki is not a reputable source.
are you saying the info is incorrect? or just being a troll?

Old 01-28-2009, 09:21 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,634,639 times
Quote:
are you saying the info is incorrect? or just being a troll?
I'm saying that wiki is notorious for presenting incorrect information as fact. Hell, you could have written that blurb yourself for all we know. Thus noone with an ounce of credibility uses wiki as source material.

Now, why don't you answer Kdog? I noticed you haven't touched that post!

Old 01-28-2009, 10:37 PM

862 posts, read 2,620,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Well, there you go. According to that definition, Palestine is a region of land, not a country. Map #1 is meaningless as the green area was occupied by Arabs as well as Jews. There was no Israel yet.

Map #2 shows the UN Partition plan of 1947. On May 14, 1948, the state of Israel was declared in accordance with those boundaries. On the very next day on May 15, Israel was invaded by 5 Arab countries whose intent was to wipe Israel off the map. The result of that war, are depicted in your Map #3. That land was lost by the Arabs as a result of the war they started.

Now what do you suppose happened in 1967 which caused the Arabs to lose yet more land as shown in your Map #4? Yup, you guessed it. Once again, 3 Arab countries attacked Israel with the intent of wiping her off the map, and thus started the Six-Day War. Bye bye land.

Excellent post and right on the money!

You see, people like FISHY are revisionists and haters. He plays games and will not answer questions. He has an agenda, and that agenda is to spread misinformation and hate about Israel.

Quote:
EDUCATE ME. SHOW ME THE ISRAEL BORDERS OF '48, AND THEN SHOW THEM TO ME OF '09
The question has been answered. Now, FISHY, admit that you are wrong and that you don't care for the facts and truth, you simply hate and spread propaganda.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
haha, now that website is propaganda. i wont watch anything from that place. i got this piece of trash in the mail
Are you stating that radical Islam is NOT at war with the West?

Radical and fundamental Islam is currently in a Jihad against Israel, the USA, Great Britain and many other countries.

Do you deny this fact?

Old 01-29-2009, 11:59 PM

It appears that FISHY has conceded and vacated the thread. What else can FISHY do? When the truth stares you in the face and it is undeniable, one must do the right thing and admit that they were wrong.

Thank you FISHY for admitting that you were wrong. I know its hard to do so, but you did the right thing.

Old 02-01-2009, 03:16 PM

564 posts, read 1,726,679 times
I love how your source here is the Jerusalem Post.

Thanks for the rational source.

Long live Palestine and a violent-free world!

The Jews will return to their rightful homes in Russia and Ethiopia one day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies