Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 02:24 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,133,412 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
Unfortunately, this is actually one of the major causes of her dysfunctional administration. Some of the state officials she appointed are retreads from former administrations that were either fired for incompetence (and rightly so IMO), or others who resigned in sympathy with those fired. Now their nonsensical governance is wreaking havoc with our state's economic future, while Sarah is too busy with her book deals and her Facebook page to keep them under control.

Sadly though, no one in the lower 48 hears any of this. All that is heard down there are either fabrications and lies about her wardrobe, desire to ban books, claiming her daughter’s kid is really her’s, etc., or equally absurd assertions that she is some great conservative though statements like “drill bay drill, etc. Thus, half the country hates her for the wrong reasons, while the other half worships her for equally faulty ones.

What this really illustrates more than anything however is the utter failure of the MSM to communicate accurate information anywhere, and why our democracy may ultimately be doomed. If the population at large is incapable of making informed decisions because they are being lied to through every media outlet, we will never have the competent representation required to truly fix the important issues challenging this country today.

Again, there are plenty of reasons to dislike Sarah Palin, but what you guys are hearing down south is all a bunch of BS, on both sides.
Great post, but I think most people down here base their loathing of SP on her own statements, her own self on video tapdancing with Katie Couric, and the horrible farce of the US Vice Presidential debate having to be engineered to accommodate her brick-wall ignorance and incapability. Oh, and also on her constant victimized whining and her steadfast refusal to grow and develop as a stateswoman.

So - our opinion down here is based on facts - her own self-revelations via incontrovertible video and print, and the picture she paints of herself that way - not on rumors and gossip. Though those are fun

The baby Trig rumors and so on were ever very big - they just took off and were magnified by the RW blogosphere because they were so outrageous, and misrepresented as widely believed.

I understand she's a star among folks who are like her. She's "pure" in that way - an archetype. But they're so desperate to have one of their own in some, any position of respect (other than the late #3) that they're going dangerously overboard. Give her a show on Fox and be done with her - everybody's happy.

I appreciate the window you show us on life in PalinAlaska
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 02:31 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,071,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Great post, but I think most people down here base their loathing of SP on her own statements, her own self on video tapdancing with Katie Couric, and the horrible farce of the US Vice Presidential debate having to be engineered to accommodate her brick-wall ignorance and incapability. Oh, and also on her constant victimized whining and her steadfast refusal to grow and develop as a stateswoman.

So - our opinion down here is based on facts - her own self-revelations via incontrovertible video and print, and the picture she paints of herself that way - not on rumors and gossip. Though those are fun

The baby Trig rumors and so on were ever very big - they just took off and were magnified by the RW blogosphere because they were so outrageous, and misrepresented as widely believed.

I understand she's a star among folks who are like her. She's "pure" in that way - an archetype. But they're so desperate to have one of their own in some, any position of respect (other than the late #3) that they're going dangerously overboard. Give her a show on Fox and be done with her - everybody's happy.

I appreciate the window you show us on life in PalinAlaska
rep2u

Old 01-28-2009, 02:32 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,133,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
rep2u
u n me against the world dood

Old 01-28-2009, 02:42 PM

4,989 posts, read 10,012,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOBama View Post
Highest approval rating of any Governor. Over 70%.
Compared to Rod Blagoo-=--- (D) Ill. 4-7% and about to be tossed.
I'm going to miss Blago's poetry readings. Now that IS comedy!

Old 01-28-2009, 03:09 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,698,045 times
Quote:
Well, good! She was the only conservative running, and she's smarter than Obama.
Hahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhaaaaaaaaa....haha...<w hew> I needed that.

Old 01-28-2009, 03:25 PM

71 posts, read 208,328 times
Most excellent! Election '12 looks to be every bit as comical as this past one.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:
u n me against the world dood
Right on kiddo

Old 01-28-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Whisperer View Post
It's not funny if you live in Alaska where she has the power to actually screw things up.
I hadn't thought about that.Sorry.Of course you should have sympathy for me too,Blago is "our" man.

Old 01-28-2009, 04:18 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,370,990 times
Palin is a racist who is more comfortable in remote desolate regions of the country like Idaho and Alaska than she is around the multi-cultural. If she thinks that she can represent the GOP, then that is a clear indication that the GOP/Conservative segment of this country is in complete disarray. If the best that they can do is promote this LARK as a spokesperson, then the party is ripe for being replaced by a more progressive, more substantive emerging party.

Palin stinks and so does the GOP.

That's President Barack Obama and don't you forget it!

Old 01-28-2009, 04:25 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,824,630 times
Quote:
Whoa, those nasty $29 niece shoes finally sold for $2025 in a thrilling photo-finish.

eBay.com Item Bid History
lol, i think the winning bidder of those shoes assumed they can click their heels twice and end up in real america.

i wouldnt be surprised if she sought to sell panties she were at rallys some freak would buy those
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies