Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 09:15 PM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,397 times

Advertisements

Commentary: Why GOP can't say 'whatever it is, we're against it' - CNN.com

I've been saying this since the campaign. It was crazy that McCain never proposed a solution and neither has any republican in Congress. McCain went the gimmick route and the republicans in Congress have gone the opposition route with no solutions. It appears that their followers have followed suit and do nothing but critisize. I'm beginning to think that they still believe that the majority of Americans are falling for it. We aren't..The "fear factor" and the "patriotism card" don't work anymore. People want solutions not talking points and baseless critiques without solutions. Republican leadership is in shambles. Conservatives rail against Reid and Pelosi but at least they're trying. What republican has proposed anything? Just complaints and I'm sure this post will draw more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2009, 09:19 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,846,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
Commentary: Why GOP can't say 'whatever it is, we're against it' - CNN.com

I've been saying this since the campaign. It was crazy that McCain never proposed a solution and neither has any republican in Congress. McCain went the gimmick route and the republicans in Congress have gone the opposition route with no solutions. It appears that their followers have followed suit and do nothing but critisize. I'm beginning to think that they still believe that the majority of Americans are falling for it. We aren't..The "fear factor" and the "patriotism card" don't work anymore. People want solutions not talking points and baseless critiques without solutions. Republican leadership is in shambles. Conservatives rail against Reid and Pelosi but at least they're trying. What republican has proposed anything? Just complaints and I'm sure this post will draw more.
You are wrong! They keep proposing the same things that got us to the present economic outlook! More tax cuts, that certainly haven't delivered the promised jobs! They spew same rhetoric that we can't spend our wayout! With their track record they should realize what every one else already knows! They have no clue how to run a country!

Old 01-27-2009, 09:21 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,032,932 times
Actually, the Republicans have presented several plans, however, I do not see a point in it any more since no matter what the media and the Democrats will cry like babies over it. I can't say it enough that I liked the Republican approach presented last week of cutting taxes for the poor and small business. Not to mention the Republican plan for spending the remaining $350 billion from the financial bailout.. However, I have given up trying to talk sense into the folks on this forum.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie117 View Post
Actually, the Republicans have presented several plans, however, I do not see a point in it any more since no matter what the media and the Democrats will cry like babies over it. I can't say it enough that I liked the Republican approach presented last week of cutting taxes for the poor and small business. Not to mention the Republican plan for spending the remaining $350 billion from the financial bailout.. However, I have given up trying to talk sense into the folks on this forum.
Who proposed this plan and where is it? What you're talking about is tweaking Obama's plan, nothing new..

Old 01-27-2009, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
You are wrong! They keep proposing the same things that got us to the present economic outlook! More tax cuts, that certainly haven't delivered the promised jobs! They spew same rhetoric that we can't spend our wayout! With their track record they should realize what every one else already knows! They have no clue how to run a country!
I stand corrected

Old 01-27-2009, 09:29 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,069 times
Quote:
Who proposed this plan and where is it? What you're talking about is tweaking Obama's plan, nothing new..
Maybe because nothing a Republican proposes would have a snowball's chance in hell of being passed?

Obama might try to be bipartisan, but Pelosi and Reid have absolutley no intentions of doing anything bipartisan.....

Pelosi would kill anything Republican before it came anywhere near a vote, much less anywhere near Obama's desk.....

Old 01-27-2009, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by th3vault View Post
Maybe because nothing a Republican proposes would have a snowball's chance in hell of being passed?

Obama might try to be bipartisan, but Pelosi and Reid have absolutley no intentions of doing anything bipartisan.....

Pelosi would kill anything Republican before it came anywhere near a vote, much less anywhere near Obama's desk.....
See what I'm saying..More hypotheticals..No solutions. If the republicans propose SOMETHING and Americans get behind it, maybe it would have a chance but they have NOT proposed anything. That's like a guy saying "I'm not asking her out because I know she wont go" and complaining..Michael Jordan always said "you got to take the shot to make the shot"..The republicans are currently 0-0 on the economy.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:36 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
How about lower taxes, lower spending, stop regulation that crowds out small business to comply. Stop bailouts that artificially inflate Wall St. salaries that the free market desperately wants to deflate.

Nah, letting the free market actually work is sooooooo 19th century. Maybe Yeledaf will bless us with his bartering anecdotes.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
How about lower taxes, lower spending, stop regulation that crowds out small business to comply. Stop bailouts that artificially inflate Wall St. salaries that the free market desperately wants to deflate.

Nah, letting the free market actually work is sooooooo 19th century. Maybe Yeledaf will bless us with his bartering anecdotes.
The free market's working? I must have missed something.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:40 PM

1,782 posts, read 3,941,069 times
Quote:
See what I'm saying..More hypotheticals..No solutions. If the republicans propose SOMETHING and Americans get behind it, maybe it would have a chance but they have NOT proposed anything. That's like a guy saying "I'm not asking her out because I know she wont go" and complaining..Michael Jordan always said "you got to take the shot to make the shot"..The republicans are currently 0-0 on the economy.
Yea well everything we tried for the past 8 years was shot down and blasted by you Democrats..... we took full blame for it.

The public threw us out of office in the elections and put Democrats in instead...

As Obama said "I won the election". Correct, you Democrats won the elction. Therefore, it is YOUR turn to make legislation..... time for y'all to step up to the plate instead of constantly searching for new ways to blame Republicans for all the nation's problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies