Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 03:51 PM

605 posts, read 1,107,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
I have lived among black people for most of my life. I know exactly how most of them view white people, suffice to say, it is not as "brady bunchess" as you would like us to believe. Are you suggesting that all of my dealings with black people are a figment of my imagination, and that no blacks view white people with disdain? Believe, me I wish it was in my imagination. I live in one of the more predominately black cities in the United States, and I can say without any regret, that many blacks are very prejudiced of whites. I am sorry if I lack the sugar coating mentality. I find it easier to just get to the point.
No, I was not saying there is NO resentment between the two sides. I was addressing this idea that seems to prevail that we waste or days coming up with new ways to hate white people.

I live in Harlem and this was a place that 20 years ago (when I first lived here) I would NOT see a white person or Chinese for that matter. I'm going outside right now and I will past at least 1o of them walking past me. I give them a smile and they give me one back. In fact, a white lady asked me yesterday to hold her dog while she tied her shoes. No questions asked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 04:04 PM

937 posts, read 2,834,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarqueseGilmore View Post
Racism at its finest...out in the open too! It has been proven that their is a such thing as Post-Traumatic Slave Syndrome. ANd huck you should educate yourself and stop making outright racist remarks like that.
I think you fear what you don't understand.
You're kidding right?

God... society today is going down the toilet....

Old 01-29-2009, 04:16 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
No, I was not saying there is NO resentment between the two sides. I was addressing this idea that seems to prevail that we waste or days coming up with new ways to hate white people.

I live in Harlem and this was a place that 20 years ago (when I first lived here) I would NOT see a white person or Chinese for that matter. I'm going outside right now and I will past at least 1o of them walking past me. I give them a smile and they give me one back. In fact, a white lady asked me yesterday to hold her dog while she tied her shoes. No questions asked.
I never said that you guys did. By the way, I respect your opinion much more than the guy who acts like there is no racism on both sides. There is just not enough time in the day to deal with very fake people. I have stood here and argued with Mrsykes over and over, and I can tell you I respect his opinion much more than some of the other opinions that I've heard on here. Even if I dont agree with him regarding everything said. I am one who truly believes that we all have racism in us. It is almost impossible not to. I would be a liar if I stated otherwise. Those who disagree with this are the ones I would rather avoid. We can go into details of why we become this way all day long, the point is, none of us are completely innocent and none of us are all to blame. Hate seems to have a trickle down effect. Someone looks down on you, you then look down on me, I then look down on someone else. Vica Versa. It seems to be a never ending cycle. But trust me when I say that I am no less racist than anyone else and I am no more.

When it is all said and done, we are much more alike then we could ever be different. We all feel pain, rejection, discouragement, inferior, superior, looked down on, hated. It is up to us as individuals to separate what is real and what isn't, and what if anything can be done about it. But as long as we keep coming up with excuses from both sides, things will never improve. When we choose to blame, we then alienate one side, which makes it nearly impossible to make change from that starting point. Sometimes I get the feeling that many people really dont want change. Hate breeds a certain comfort. As long as we have someone or some group to blame, well hell we sure dont have to take responsibility for our own failures in life. Besides, I am not sure any society exists perfectly the way we would want it to. There will always be those who look at others with disdain and hate. It is not a uniguely American thing. This sort of thing has been going on as long as there have been societies.

Last edited by SlickRick1; 01-29-2009 at 05:11 PM..

Old 01-29-2009, 04:37 PM

217 posts, read 513,209 times
Quote:
When it is all said and done, we are much more alike then we could ever be different.
If that were truely the case than race hustlers like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be out of a job.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
I never said that you guys did. By the way, I respect your opinion much more than the guy who acts like there is no racism on both sides. There is just not enough time in the day to deal with very fake people. I have stood here and argued with Mrsykes over and over, and I can tell you I respect his opinion much more than some of the other opinions that I've heard on here. Even if I dont agree with him regarding everything said. I am one who truly believes that we all have racism in us. It is almost impossible not to. I would be a liar if I stated otherwise. Those who disagree with this are the ones I would rather avoid. We can go into details of why we become this way all day long, the point is, none of us are completely innocent and none of us are all to blame. Hate seems to have a trickle down effect. Someone looks down on you, you then look down on me, I then look down on someone else. Vica Versa. It seems to be a never ending cycle. But trust me when I say that I am no less racist than anyone else and I am no more.

When it is all said and done, we are much more alike then we could ever be different. We all feel pain, rejection, discouragement, inferior, superior, looked down on, hated. It is up to us as individuals to separate what is real and what isn't, and what if anything can be done about it. But as long as we keep coming up with excuses from both sides, things will never get better. When we choose to blame, we then alienate one side, it would be impossible to make change from that starting point. Nevertheless, I am pretty sure this country will always have people who blame, hate, etc. It is undeniably a human trait. I am not sure any society exists perfectly. There will always be those who look down on another group. It is not an American thing. This sort of thing has been going on as long as there have been societies.
Well I'll be honest, I barely "know" the folks on this forum so I don't know the styles and opinions of the different personalities here. I know that within my circle of friends and by their extensions none are too concerned with personal hatreds toward any particular race. I do, however, hear all kinds of nonsensical crap from fringe groups perpetrating some real stupid shyte as if they think any one race of Americans are going to pack up and move to some other planet. Right now we are ALL in the same mess and we need to realize this.

Just the other day my girlfriend and I were watching some documentary about the NEW Black Panthers. Both of us, and I'm sure many other black folks watching it all over the country, looked at them like nut cases talking pure foolishness. I want to believe much of white America thinks the same about their fringe groups also [READ: Skin Heads, etal].

Humans are humans. They will sell out, hate and betray or take out their frustration on their own if the price/situation is right whether its in Nazi Germany, the Balkans, Western Africa (at the start of the Slave Trade), Rwanda, Gaza or Iraq. Self presevation usually wins out against any loyalty.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester View Post
If that were truely the case than race hustlers like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson would be out of a job.
Those two asses don't speak for me.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:32 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deguire View Post
Well I'll be honest, I barely "know" the folks on this forum so I don't know the styles and opinions of the different personalities here. I know that within my circle of friends and by their extensions none are too concerned with personal hatreds toward any particular race. I do, however, hear all kinds of nonsensical crap from fringe groups perpetrating some real stupid shyte as if they think any one race of Americans are going to pack up and move to some other planet. Right now we are ALL in the same mess and we need to realize this.

Just the other day my girlfriend and I were watching some documentary about the NEW Black Panthers. Both of us, and I'm sure many other black folks watching it all over the country, looked at them like nut cases talking pure foolishness. I want to believe much of white America thinks the same about their fringe groups also [READ: Skin Heads, etal].

Humans are humans. They will sell out, hate and betray or take out their frustration on their own if the price/situation is right whether its in Nazi Germany, the Balkans, Western Africa (at the start of the Slave Trade), Rwanda, Gaza or Iraq. Self presevation usually wins out against any loyalty.

I despise those radical race hating groups myself and I think that they are pathetic and seriously distrubed. They make any group of people within a race look silly and ignorant. No, you are not alone in your thinking regarding those dingbat groups.

I will guarantee you that if we were all trapped out on a boat in the middle of the sea, and a hand was reaching to pull any of us up from drowning, no one would care what color that hand was.

As far as us being in the same mess. I couldn't agree more. that's why when I came across the OP's question, it was even more disturbing. Don't we have other issues to worry about at this point of time. The blame game is just getting old and getting us nowhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies