Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2009, 06:27 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,078,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Sure they do! Lol.

So why don't you list some examples of how O'Reilly "hates."
And remember, criticizing and/or commentating is not "hate."

Was it "hate" when O'Reilly revealed that donations going to the Red Cross just after 9/11 were not going where they were supposed to?
Was it "hate" when O'Reilly revealed judges who gave light sentences to child molesters?
Was it "hate" when O'Reilly pushed to have Jesscia's Law passed in all 50 states?

And if O'Reilly didn't back up what he says with facts, he would have been sued many times over by now!
Here's one lawsuit for ya.
O'Reilly Hit With Sex Harass Suit - October 13, 2004
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2009, 02:31 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Quote:
Wrong. He released his full records in 2004. He made up for time lost and left with an honorable discharge with the rank of 2nd Lt.
what does it matter? if he did or didnt or any other politician. i can see if he done something heinous in the army..

Old 01-29-2009, 02:53 PM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
Yeah, a lawsuit which never followed through.

But I was asking for examples of how O'Reilly "hates."
And if he was sued for reporting false information. You know, the same kind of false info that Dan Rather reported about Bush's National Guard record.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
You've had a lot of practice apologizing for Bush.

Like Limbaugh, he's a hero.
I am not "apologizing" for Bush. He served; Clinton is a draft-dodger.

Old 01-29-2009, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
what does it matter? if he did or didnt or any other politician. i can see if he done something heinous in the army..
It matters because it proves the claim false that Bush "deserted," was "AWOL" or "didn't put in the required time."

Old 01-29-2009, 04:06 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Quote:
It matters because it proves the claim false that Bush "deserted," was "AWOL" or "didn't put in the required time."
regardless if he was awol, so! would you do something your general/commander etc told you to do that is unethical outside your beliefs?

Old 01-29-2009, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
regardless if he was awol, so! would you do something your general/commander etc told you to do that is unethical outside your beliefs?
I'm not sure if I would.

I just wanted to set the record straight. Because if Bush was really AWOL, you can be sure it would have been headline news for at least 6 months.

However, I once read on a forum that a person can't be AWOL from the National Guard in the way you can be in the Army or Navy.

Old 01-29-2009, 04:44 PM

8,396 posts, read 9,441,352 times
Quote:
I am not "apologizing" for Bush.
When denial becomes deep enough, it's indistinguishable from schizophrenia.

Quote:
He served; Clinton is a draft-dodger.

Both avoided Nam. The Bush clan had money and connections. Daddy used both to keep sonny boy safe at home, but with pilot's wings. Then, sonny boy cut out.

But idiot grandsons of billionaires are well insulated from responsibility in America. Even up to his last day in office, Bush claimed long and loud that it wasn't his fault he screwed things up so badly. There's still something like 22% of the public who buy into his claim. Obviously, you count yourself in that number. Whatver helps you make it through the night.

Old 02-03-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
When denial becomes deep enough, it's indistinguishable from schizophrenia.
What "denial?" I have criticized Bush on quite a few issues.

Quote:
Both avoided Nam. The Bush clan had money and connections. Daddy used both to keep sonny boy safe at home, but with pilot's wings. Then, sonny boy cut out.

But idiot grandsons of billionaires are well insulated from responsibility in America. Even up to his last day in office, Bush claimed long and loud that it wasn't his fault he screwed things up so badly. There's still something like 22% of the public who buy into his claim. Obviously, you count yourself in that number. Whatver helps you make it through the night.
Clinton received a notice to appear. He did not; he is a draft-dodger.
Bush never received a notice to appear. He did serve in the National Guard. He is not a draft-dodger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies