Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 01:06 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,800,800 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oerdin View Post
Naw, he'll be around because the idiot ditto heads who listen to him still populate the hills and backwoods of America. We are a nation where 30% of the people are incapable of intelligent thought and just repeat what ever nonsense they hear on the radio.

Personally, I'm glad the GOP's public voice is an idiot like Limbaugh because he's easily exposed as the fraud he is and then the entire GOP can be painted into the corner they belong in.

Fox News Fear Imbalance | The Daily Show | Comedy Central
Yes, you are so right! The only sponsors left for his broadcast will be: guns, tobacco, and liquor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
Sorry to break it to you. Rush does better when Dems lead.
We will see this time. Rush would rather keep on being wrong about issues than to admitt he is wrong. When nothing he says makes sense about the welfare of our country, all but the most hard-headed will junmp his ship.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Even Limbag had a TV show that went in the toilet.

His show would have done fine if it wasnt on during the day.
Housewives would rather watch all the Hens go at it on the view..
Or some stupid morning show.
I would rather watch "Hens go at it" than one big rooster crowing constantly!

Old 01-28-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
So what? Free speech comes from an era we didn't have public airwaves. Free speech goes beyond radio and TV.
Nothing wrong with free speech. But is there something in the constitution that we have to listen to other peoples' free speech?

Old 01-28-2009, 01:36 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,155,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by averagejoe76 View Post
Even Limbag had a TV show that went in the toilet.

His show would have done fine if it wasnt on during the day.
Housewives would rather watch all the Hens go at it on the view..
Or some stupid morning show.
As a housewife, I'm a little offended. I don't watch the View. When I have the time, I put on the news during the day.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:45 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
As a housewife, I'm a little offended. I don't watch the View. When I have the time, I put on the news during the day.
Wonderful how the wingnuts have a hateful stereotype for all of us....

Old 01-28-2009, 01:49 PM

26,208 posts, read 49,012,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Nothing wrong with free speech. But is there something in the constitution that we have to listen to other peoples' free speech?
Especially when their free speech is garbage to start with. I just saw Rep Mike Pence (R-IN) on TV, avoiding the direct questions of an MSNBC reporter and doubletalking like all hell to be supportive of Limbaugh without condemning Limbaugh's "we all have to bend over and grab our ankles for Obama" comments. The more Limbaugh loses audience, the more we'll hear of this sort of nonsense, call it the Coulter Effect.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:52 PM

45,333 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Change the station, turn the channel. I've been watching the various Limbaugh threads and what amazes me is the people who are complaining about him seem to be the ones listening and improving the show's ratings. If you don't like a show TURN IT OFF. A note, I don't listen to Limbaugh since I actually have a job.

The Supreme Court has ruled several times that even speech that is disagreeable is protected.

Old 01-28-2009, 01:55 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Better stick to radio. It's funny, but conservatives don't seem to be able to come up with any "comedy" TV shows that don't fail. They've tried. Even Limbag had a TV show that went in the toilet.
That is because many local stations aired it at 2 or 3 AM.

Quote:
Strange how the right wing snuggles up to draft dodgers...
He is not a draft dodger. A draft dodger is someone who receives a draft notice and fails to appear (you know, like Clinton).

Old 01-28-2009, 01:59 PM

24,508 posts, read 33,295,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foreverking View Post
I didnt want bush to fail, I didnt want Bush, but once I got him, I didnt want him to fail. If the President fails, don't most of the rest of us, who don't have piles of gold in the basement, struggle. What a total jerk to make such a comment.

I love the OZ comment. I would love it if it became national and it stuck to Limbaugh.
As most people know by now, Rush didn't say he wants Obama to fail, he said he wants his liberal policies to fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies